LEGEND Re: Introduce Yourself

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Orfordram

UDFA
Introducing myself

Hello one & all. Orfordram here. Now that I've figured out how to actually access this board, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Byron and I have been a Rams fan since 1946. (Orfordram - Port Orford Oregon is where I make my home). I was also a UCLA fan in 1942, (both blue and gold), and subsequently graduated from UCLA. Back then (1942), I thought Tom Fears was HUGE, hulking over all us admiring kids in his shoulder pads and helmet. Since then it has definitely been up and down for both the Rams and for me, and despite it all, I still love the horns! Loved Eric Dickerson, then hated him for preferring to have TWO Rolls Royces instead of sticking with "our" team. Loved Vince Ferragamo despite his weak arm and rainbow throws. Loved Jim Everett and could not understand why he always failed when the chips were down - didn't know he was sleeping with the "boss". Shocking, Georgia, really shocking. Jack Youngblood was my favorite Ram of all time, because NO MATTER WHAT, he always showed up to play hard. And what can you say about GSOT! WOW!

Right now I am in ecstatic anticipation of seeing some of the accurate passing for the Rams that I just saw Sam Bradford do in his demo video. Folks this could change our dross to gold in a hurry. I don't think I have ever seen such consistent accuracy from a QB. And it seems he can take the hits too. Looks like pretty soon we will all find out who's who among the receivers group!

Well, next weekend's crafts show is coming up and I have to make some pots. Be back with y'all pretty soon.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Re: Introducing myself

Orfordram said:
Hello one & all. Orfordram here. Now that I've figured out how to actually access this board, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Byron and I have been a Rams fan since 1946. (Orfordram - Port Orford Oregon is where I make my home). I was also a UCLA fan in 1942, (both blue and gold), and subsequently graduated from UCLA. Back then (1942), I thought Tom Fears was HUGE, hulking over all us admiring kids in his shoulder pads and helmet. Since then it has definitely been up and down for both the Rams and for me, and despite it all, I still love the horns! Loved Eric Dickerson, then hated him for preferring to have TWO Rolls Royces instead of sticking with "our" team. Loved Vince Ferragamo despite his weak arm and rainbow throws. Loved Jim Everett and could not understand why he always failed when the chips were down - didn't know he was sleeping with the "boss". Shocking, Georgia, really shocking. Jack Youngblood was my favorite Ram of all time, because NO MATTER WHAT, he always showed up to play hard. And what can you say about GSOT! WOW!

Right now I am in ecstatic anticipation of seeing some of the accurate passing for the Rams that I just saw Sam Bradford do in his demo video. Folks this could change our dross to gold in a hurry. I don't think I have ever seen such consistent accuracy from a QB. And it seems he can take the hits too. Looks like pretty soon we will all find out who's who among the receivers group!

Well, next weekend's crafts show is coming up and I have to make some pots. Be back with y'all pretty soon.
FINALLY!

Glad I could help you get on the board at long last. That was a trial, to be sure. Welcome aboard, Byron.

I hope I didn't just screw you up by moving your post into this thread, by the way. :sly: This is just where everyone tips their hats. Since 1946???? Good Lord, man! We might have to call you the resident Sage now... And I'm all over Jack Youngblood being a man's man. Playing on a broken leg is surely not something any of these kids are going to attempt now - that's for sure.

Looking forward to some of your tales of the past - things that happened long before I was even contemplated.

joeybittick

Rookie

Orfordram said:

Man, 1946! Awesome to have you man. I look forward to hearing what someone with your knowledge has to say. Welcome to R.O.D. hope you enjoy!

P.S. Maybe I can interview you sometime for the official R.O.D blog :cheese:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Orfordram said:

Hey - cool... a fellow Oregonian. I'm just a couple hours north of you in Toledo (near Newport). You got me beat by a few years. I've been routing for the Rams since the 60s but my Dad and Grampa well before me. Grampa had a citrus farm down in LA and my Dad would hang out and watch the Rams practice.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. I think you'll like it here.

Stu

Name
Tom
Hi all. My name is Tom and I live and work in the St. Louis area. If you haven't guessed, I am a proud University of Arkansas alum. I've been a member of the STL Today Rams Talk forum for a little over a year, and like most of you, I have become dissatisfied with the tone of the posts over there. What a shame. It really became obvious that the good, knowledgable posters left that site. Anyway, I'm glad I stumbled onto this site. I read alot, but don't post much, since someone has typically posted the same view as I have, but every now and then, I do express my opinion. This looks like a great site and everyone seems to be positive. I can't WAIT for the season to begin!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
razorback fan said:
Hi all. My name is Tom and I live and work in the St. Louis area. If you haven't guessed, I am a proud University of Arkansas alum. I've been a member of the STL Today Rams Talk forum for a little over a year, and like most of you, I have become dissatisfied with the tone of the posts over there. What a shame. It really became obvious that the good, knowledgable posters left that site. Anyway, I'm glad I stumbled onto this site. I read alot, but don't post much, since someone has typically posted the same view as I have, but every now and then, I do express my opinion. This looks like a great site and everyone seems to be positive. I can't WAIT for the season to begin!
Hey Tom - welcome to the board, m'man.

Thanks for registering, and let me know if you need anything. Positivity abound, my friend. Positivity abound...

Name
Tom
Thanks, X. Looking forward to an improvement this season. They might not set the world on fire and they still have some holes to address, but I think the Rams are headed in the right direction. We will see a more competitive product on the field.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Absolutely. Time to kick the tires and light the fires!

thehammer

Rookie
name is Dave....born in Malden MO. (near Poplar Bluff in the Boothill)..and a Ritenour grad(the St Louisans on the board will understand)...also.been a sports fan for over 50 years...when I got too old to play simply started coaching...

former Big Red season ticket holder who been following the rams since they moved here...retired and loving it...and much appreciate the board....

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
thehammer said:
name is Dave....born in Malden MO. (near Poplar Bluff in the Boothill)..and a Ritenour grad(the St Louisans on the board will understand)...also.been a sports fan for over 50 years...when I got too old to play simply started coaching...

former Big Red season ticket holder who been following the rams since they moved here...retired and loving it...and much appreciate the board....
Better late than never, eh Dave? :sly:

So where'd you get the nickname "thehammer"?

thehammer

Rookie
StlouisramsX said:
thehammer said:

Better late than never, eh Dave? :sly:

So where'd you get the nickname "thehammer"?

just an old sports nickname I picked up...nothing special

joeybittick

Rookie
Welcome to all of the new members. I think you will find that this is a great board. everyone is very supportive and we get some really great discussions.

diggity

Rookie
Hey Guys. This is just a test drive to see if all of the stuff I put on here is working. Check back with you later!
GO RAMS!!!!!!!!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
No John Wayne? :whoa:

Well, I guess new surroundings, new persona. Welcome Diggs - good to see you, man.

joeybittick

Rookie
diggity said:
Hey Guys. This is just a test drive to see if all of the stuff I put on here is working. Check back with you later!
GO RAMS!!!!!!!!

Welcome man. I always like reading what you have to say at the other site, so hopefully you decide to "buy" after the test drive :mrgreen:

Ram Chops

Alright...

Well, I just came over from Rams Talk on the newspaper site... thanks to Hammer. I dont post tons but I read a lot. Im from Florida but currently in Lake St. Louis. I became a Rams fan bout 6 years ago and that was due to having SJ, Bulger, and Holt all on my second year of fantasy football (which made me a guru to the NFL). I started watching the Rams and really enjoyed SJ so I became a fan.. the best season Ive had so far is 8-8 (downhill from there).

Im an audio engineer and do mostly freelance work... as well as run sound for different events. My wife is has her masters degree in violin performance and just started a job as a manager for an insurance company.. go figure.

Anyways, hope that this year will be great.

joeybittick

Rookie
Ram Chops said:
Alright...

Well, I just came over from Rams Talk on the newspaper site... thanks to Hammer. I dont post tons but I read a lot. Im from Florida but currently in Lake St. Louis. I became a Rams fan bout 6 years ago and that was due to having SJ, Bulger, and Holt all on my second year of fantasy football (which made me a guru to the NFL). I started watching the Rams and really enjoyed SJ so I became a fan.. the best season Ive had so far is 8-8 (downhill from there).

Im an audio engineer and do mostly freelance work... as well as run sound for different events. My wife is has her masters degree in violin performance and just started a job as a manager for an insurance company.. go figure.

Anyways, hope that this year will be great.

Welcome man. Good to have you! I hope you enjoy it here, we have a real nice vibe going. That sounds like it would be a cool job (audio engineer), do you set up sound for concerts and stuff like that? Oh, and awesome about your wife playing violin, my cousin plays the viola. Both are really pretty sounding instruments. Maybe you can talk her into joining the R.O.D. "band" :bign: . Oh, and my uncle lives in Lake St. Louis, that is a pretty sweet place to live from what I have seen (doesn't Nelly live there?). Anyways, sorry for rambling (no pun intended), hope you enjoy the site.

Ram Chops

Oh yeah man.. being an audio engineer is fun.. except the fact that there isnt a lot of work right now... which speaks for most everybody i would think. I do set up and run cables for concerts and things of that nature.. Im actually trying to get hooked up with a venue somewhere in the city so I can do it more and make a few dollars...

Yeah my wife is a great performer.. if there was a band, Id ask. :lmao:

Lake St. Louis is a nice place... up and coming .. and yes, I do think Nelly lives out this way.. But I believe soon that my wife and I will be moving to West County due to her job...

I already enjoy this site way more than the other.. (example: current topic on Rams talk "why cant we get along").

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ram Chops said:
Oh yeah man.. being an audio engineer is fun.. except the fact that there isnt a lot of work right now... which speaks for most everybody i would think. I do set up and run cables for concerts and things of that nature.. Im actually trying to get hooked up with a venue somewhere in the city so I can do it more and make a few dollars...

Yeah my wife is a great performer.. if there was a band, Id ask. :lmao:

Lake St. Louis is a nice place... up and coming .. and yes, I do think Nelly lives out this way.. But I believe soon that my wife and I will be moving to West County due to her job...

I already enjoy this site way more than the other.. (example: current topic on Rams talk "why cant we get along").
Sure hope things pick up for you, man. I did a little bit of lighting work when I was 16 - at the Sunrise Ampitheater down here in FLA. Probably the shortest career I ever had, but it was really cool while it lasted. All 7 days of it. This is probably a ridiculously obvious question, but did you see if the Ed is hiring?