LEGEND Re: Introduce Yourself

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
smram said:
StlouisramsX said:
G Willie said:
Many thanks and a big welcome to the newest members. Thanks for giving ROD a chance!
+1000! (inside joke)

Hilarious :lol:
Oh no you di-int!

kobe1.gif

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Ive already been posting on this site (good site, btw), for a little while now but I figured now I should give a little insight to JdashSTL.

My real name is Jordan. Im 19 years old. I live in the country near a small town(population of 2000) in the state of South Dakota. Im surrounded by viking fans and rams fans are very rare around here.

I didnt start out right away as a rams fan. My first football memories were of games feauting jerry rice and steve young, and I enjoyed them, and cheered the niners only because of those 2. Once they left I lost interest and just had a general interest in all football teams, not one in particular. Then in 2000 I vividly remember the playoffs when I first saw the rams defeat the vikings, then they beat the bucs and I really enjoyed watching guys like warner, bruce, proehl, and faulk play. Then the Supr Bowl rolled around and I was rooting for the rams when they played the titans in what was a fantastic game. The rams won and I was hooked on them. Some people may then label me as a bandwagon jumper for only following the team that just won the SB, and im fine with that. But I stuck with the rams after that. I have a poster of warner handing the ball off to faulk, and I have warners and faulks jerseys.

I never really followed the nfl draft or offseason, just watched the games. I wasnt that dedicated to football. That all changed 2 years ago when I graduated from high school and purchased a computer and had access to the internet whenever. I became hooked on reading about the teams draft picks and offseason moves and it was like rolling a snowball that kept getting bigger and bigger, and I never looked back. Not only do I follow everything with the rams but I also enjoy reading about other nfl teams as well, the offseason is quite long and I just need to read about anything nfl football related.

Sadly I have only been to one rams game so far in my life. It was up in minnesota against the vikes and I went with my dad. I cant remember which year it was but I know faulk was stil playing and bulger was injured that game( I think) so I got to see the wonderful ryan fitzpatrick play. The rams got killed that game. The worst part was after the game when we were leaving, I got so much crap from vikes fans. Got to hear the phrase, "how bout them rams?" many many times. Overall it was a fun experience though.

An eventual goal of mine is I would love to move to st. louis and live there and raise a family and support the rams. I think them moving back to LA is a possibility still but im confident stan kroenke will keep the team in st. louis.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Good lookin' out, Jordan.

If you're able to keep on supporting the Rams even after the past few seasons, then you have no affiliation with the bandwagon term anymore. And there is something to be said about backing the dog. I, personally, love being a fan of the Rams when they're in a down-slide. If people want to talk shit about my team, then all I have to do is recall a year when that particular fan's team was on the downslide. For instance, I sometimes get garbage from Dolphins fans down here whenever I sport a Rams jersey. All I have to say to them is, "Yeah? were YOU a Dolphins fan during the Bates, Saban and Cameron years?" There's only two answers, which can garner two responses.

"Yes, I was". Okay then, you know exactly what loyalty means - you got a problem with me doing the same thing?
"No, I wasn't". Okay then, you're a bandwagon fan. What's that like, anyway? You got ANY jerseys, or 50 of 'em?

Stay the course, brah. It'll pay off again eventually.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Hey all...I'm here now. :bg:

Nice site you got here, X.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Rammer said:
Hey all...I'm here now. :bg:

Nice site you got here, X.
Hey thanks, man. I can't take all the credit though. G has a lot invested in this jernt.

And thanks for taking my invite. "Youz is good people".

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
G Willie said:
It's a joint effort to be sure, but I couldn't do any of it without you.

Hug me. :rofl:

That's enough of that. Welcome aboard, Rammer. It's good to have you here.

Thank you...go Rams.

Hi all, My given name is Jim and I am from NoCal. A town called Dublin, about 20 miles East of Oakland. I find it more enjoyable to be optimistic about the coming seasons, but with the need for caution after the last few years.

I have been a Rams fan since 1975. Fond early memories of Harold Jackson, Lawrence McCutcheon, those great offensive lines, solid defenders at every position...how did the worst team from that era end up to be the only one in the Superbowl?

I consider myself to be a classic rock fan. The Who, Stones, Beatles, Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Etc. And let us not forget the greatest rock band ever...RUSH. My 8 year old son has already been to 2 RUSH concerts in his life (his choice).

Thank you for creating this forum. I am very excited at the prospects of having a place to go to discuss our team without people wanting to talk about how much we suck and every one needs to be fired because "I am a realist and I don't accept a 1-15 record". That's not a specific quote, more like a representation of some of the extreme negativity that can make one shy away from other message boards.

Looking forward to visiting ROD quite often. Especially since my plant is closing down due to NUMMI's (joint venture manufacturing plant in NoCal between Toyota and GM) closure and I will therefor have a lot more time on my hands for a while (hopefully not too long).

-Winston Wolf

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Winston Wolf said:
Hi all, My given name is Jim and I am from NoCal. A town called Dublin, about 20 miles East of Oakland. I find it more enjoyable to be optimistic about the coming seasons, but with the need for caution after the last few years.

I have been a Rams fan since 1975. Fond early memories of Harold Jackson, Lawrence McCutcheon, those great offensive lines, solid defenders at every position...how did the worst team from that era end up to be the only one in the Superbowl?

I consider myself to be a classic rock fan. The Who, Stones, Beatles, Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Etc. And let us not forget the greatest rock band ever...RUSH. My 8 year old son has already been to 2 RUSH concerts in his life (his choice).

Thank you for creating this forum. I am very excited at the prospects of having a place to go to discuss our team without people wanting to talk about how much we suck and every one needs to be fired because "I am a realist and I don't accept a 1-15 record". That's not a specific quote, more like a representation of some of the extreme negativity that can make one shy away from other message boards.

Looking forward to visiting ROD quite often. Especially since my plant is closing down due to NUMMI's (joint venture manufacturing plant in NoCal between Toyota and GM) closure and I will therefor have a lot more time on my hands for a while (hopefully not too long).

-Winston Wolf
Hey Jim - good to have you aboard. You sound like a lot of fans that have taken refuge here, and that's the reason why I, and GW, have constructed this Palace of Optimism. You don't need to be a realist to see that the Rams are struggling through a monumental rebuild project, and likely the biggest one of its kind since the inception of the NFL. I often think those self-described "realists" are only attention seekers who crave a good argument. I haven't met very many die-hard, loyal fans who would heap as much criticism on their team as I have seen from "Rams Fans" over the past several months. I really has become an epidemic. But enough of that.

I've taken some liberties with your avatar - hope you don't mind. You can always change it again in your user control panel if you like. I just really like the name and thought it deserved a visual representation. Winston Wolf... now that's creative. Cool as a cucumber that guy is.

Sorry to hear about your plant. I hope you rebound quickly from that quickly. In the interim, make yourself at home, and if there's anything you need, be sure to let us know.

StlouisramsX said:
Winston Wolf said:

-Winston Wolf
Hey Jim - good to have you aboard. You sound like a lot of fans that have taken refuge here, and that's the reason why I, and GW, have constructed this Palace of Optimism. You don't need to be a realist to see that the Rams are struggling through a monumental rebuild project, and likely the biggest one of its kind since the inception of the NFL. I often think those self-described "realists" are only attention seekers who crave a good argument. I haven't met very many die-hard, loyal fans who would heap as much criticism on their team as I have seen from "Rams Fans" over the past several months. I really has become an epidemic. But enough of that.

I've taken some liberties with your avatar - hope you don't mind. You can always change it again in your user control panel if you like. I just really like the name and thought it deserved a visual representation. Winston Wolf... now that's creative. Cool as a cucumber that guy is.

Sorry to hear about your plant. I hope you rebound quickly from that quickly. In the interim, make yourself at home, and if there's anything you need, be sure to let us know.

I appreciate the help on the Avatar. I was actually trying to add a picture similar to that one to my signature. I couldn't get it to work for me. But what you did will work just fine. And to think I thought I would need to explain my user name. :lmao:

rocky5969

UDFA
Hey all, my names Tony and I am a Ramaholic. My father and I have been season ticket holders since the beginning. Seen the worst and seen the best, it may be a little lopsided at this point but I have high hopes. Just wanted to say hey.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
rocky5969 said:
Hey all, my names Tony and I am a Ramaholic. My father and I have been season ticket holders since the beginning. Seen the worst and seen the best, it may be a little lopsided at this point but I have high hopes. Just wanted to say hey.
How you doin' Tony? Sorry I missed this post when you first put it up. That was my bad. I got caught up in making a signature for someone and may have skipped over it. Glad to have you here, and I'm sorry that you're going to be fodder for my Fantasy Football Championship run. :cry:

Welcome aboard, my man.

autiej

UDFA
Name
Autumn
Hi, guys (and gals)... I have to admit I'm not necessarily that knowledgeable about the Rams or the NFL in general, but I do like to watch the occasional game, and I'm a lifelong Chicago Bears fan (I know... I know!), but I joined this forum because my husband, Joey Bittick is a die-hard fan - which is why he is a featured writer on the blog for this site.

In the 80s and early 90s, I was a huge fan of football and a major collector of football cards, so I do know a thing or two, and as a book editor, I gained a whole new perspective on football, the NFL, and the players when I had the chance to edit THE NEXT LEVEL, an autobiography (to be published in 2010) by "Burnin' Vernon" Turner, who used to play for the Buffalo Bills, L.A. Rams, Lions, and Buccaneers.

Though these days I've somewhat lost touch with who's playing where and I'm not nearly as knowledgeable as most of you, one thing I can say as a fan of a team who has had its own set of struggles for the past few years... I admire all of you who remain loyal to the Rams. There is something to be said for people who stick by their team through thick and thin. My husband is one of those people, and I'm sure all of you are, too, so I'm glad to be in your company, Bears fan or not!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
autiej said:
Hi, guys (and gals)... I have to admit I'm not necessarily that knowledgeable about the Rams or the NFL in general, but I do like to watch the occasional game, and I'm a lifelong Chicago Bears fan (I know... I know!), but I joined this forum because my husband, Joey Bittick is a die-hard fan - which is why he is a featured writer on the blog for this site.

In the 80s and early 90s, I was a huge fan of football and a major collector of football cards, so I do know a thing or two, and as a book editor, I gained a whole new perspective on football, the NFL, and the players when I had the chance to edit THE NEXT LEVEL, an autobiography (to be published in 2010) by "Burnin' Vernon" Turner, who used to play for the Buffalo Bills, L.A. Rams, Lions, and Buccaneers.

Though these days I've somewhat lost touch with who's playing where and I'm not nearly as knowledgeable as most of you, one thing I can say as a fan of a team who has had its own set of struggles for the past few years... I admire all of you who remain loyal to the Rams. There is something to be said for people who stick by their team through thick and thin. My husband is one of those people, and I'm sure all of you are, too, so I'm glad to be in your company, Bears fan or not!

Well, you're certainly welcome here - even though you're a Bears fan. :razzed:

Admittedly it's hard to outwardly support a team like the Rams, but there will never be another team for me (and I'm sure I can speak for most, if not all, of the fans on this forum). There's something to be said about fans who stay the course and freely accept the long-suffering that comes with supporting teams that struggle. It's a sign of character, and I think we have a bunch of guys (your husband included) who qualify.

Thanks for registering, and we hope to see more from you in the future. The more opinions, the better the discussions.

RamsFan4Life

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Winston Wolf said:

-Winston Wolf

Mr. Wolf,

Welcome! I am a former NoCali resident. Used to fish in your neck of the woods. Used to hit Shadow Cliffs for the stocked trout when it was too cold to go to places like Bridgeport and Truckee.

I have a cup on my desk to this day I got from Del Valle for taking a 6 1/2 pound rainbow out of there right at the end of the Narrows. My best fishing buddy lived San Ramon and we worked together at a firm in Fremont.

Welcome to the site.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Hello everyone. I am a Rams fan since the move to St. Louis. I no longer live in the area, but I watch every game, every year. I try and go to about 1-2 games per year. I also post on the stltoday forums under the same username, but the overall feeling over there is starting to get toxic. I hope it's a bit more congenial over here. Well, lets go Rams and lets hope for a better year than last year.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
brokeu91 said:
Hello everyone. I am a Rams fan since the move to St. Louis. I no longer live in the area, but I watch every game, every year. I try and go to about 1-2 games per year. I also post on the stltoday forums under the same username, but the overall feeling over there is starting to get toxic. I hope it's a bit more congenial over here. Well, lets go Rams and lets hope for a better year than last year.
Take a look around, buddy. You'll see that it's markedly more civil here, and there's a wealth of information to be had. And your presence here is parallel to the reason for building this house. The toxicity is a little rampant in certain places, and it's getting increasingly difficult to wade through it all. Make yourself at home, brothuh. Good to have you aboard.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Dismussbedeplace

Tim is my real world name (Timisnotmyname is a frequent user name online) and I'm another refugee from the PD site.

I began watching football during the playoffs after the 70 season, when the Cowboys were playing the niners in the NFC championship game. I didn't really know one team from the other (I was 10), but the instincts kicked in even then and I rooted against the niners. The early consequence was that I became a Cowboy fan. Not that I watched much football in '71 either (though I did root for the 'boys as they beat the Dolphins in that SB) but '72 was all Rams. I remember Willie Ellison's single-game rushing record (248?) against the Saints and an odd game against the Bengals in which they lost Gabriel and punted on 3rd down several times in the second half because Prothro didn't trust the backup. And yet they won that game on a last second FG. Yes, I'm another blue-and-white even if it was just the one season.

One confession: I suffered through a bout of separation anxiety from 95-98. Didn't have the net, could hardly get any Rams news and decided it didn't matter. I didn't need the Rams. I did check scores, but the LA Times were in grudge building mode so there wasn't much about the Rams, except that they were losing. 99 saved me. Not because of the winning, though that was great, but because they were exciting, the Ram games were on almost every Sunday starting with the niner game, even in LA.

Born in Oregon, grew up in So Cal, and moved to the Seattle area 5 years ago for a change of scenery, literally. It's just beautiful up here. I work at a construction oriented business handling their inventory and purchasing. Business isn't great but I'm in an indispensible position--provided the corporate dingbats in Texas don't decide to shut us down. More likely they'll just piss and moan about our numbers and ignore the fact that when real estate is down, so is construction.

But my real interests are in writing Science Fiction. If you're nice, I might let you read some. If you aren't, I might make you read some.

X, I have an idea for a signature, but I'm photo-shop illiterate. I hear you and some of the members here are talented.

joeybittick

Rookie
Ram Quixote said:
Dismussbedeplace

Tim is my real world name (Timisnotmyname is a frequent user name online) and I'm another refugee from the PD site.

I began watching football during the playoffs after the 70 season, when the Cowboys were playing the niners in the NFC championship game. I didn't really know one team from the other (I was 10), but the instincts kicked in even then and I rooted against the niners. The early consequence was that I became a Cowboy fan. Not that I watched much football in '71 either (though I did root for the 'boys as they beat the Dolphins in that SB) but '72 was all Rams. I remember Willie Ellison's single-game rushing record (248?) against the Saints and an odd game against the Bengals in which they lost Gabriel and punted on 3rd down several times in the second half because Prothro didn't trust the backup. And yet they won that game on a last second FG. Yes, I'm another blue-and-white even if it was just the one season.

One confession: I suffered through a bout of separation anxiety from 95-98. Didn't have the net, could hardly get any Rams news and decided it didn't matter. I didn't need the Rams. I did check scores, but the LA Times were in grudge building mode so there wasn't much about the Rams, except that they were losing. 99 saved me. Not because of the winning, though that was great, but because they were exciting, the Ram games were on almost every Sunday starting with the niner game, even in LA.

Born in Oregon, grew up in So Cal, and moved to the Seattle area 5 years ago for a change of scenery, literally. It's just beautiful up here. I work at a construction oriented business handling their inventory and purchasing. Business isn't great but I'm in an indispensible position--provided the corporate dingbats in Texas don't decide to shut us down. More likely they'll just piss and moan about our numbers and ignore the fact that when real estate is down, so is construction.

But my real interests are in writing Science Fiction. If you're nice, I might let you read some. If you aren't, I might make you read some.

X, I have an idea for a signature, but I'm photo-shop illiterate. I hear you and some of the members here are talented.
Welcome Tim/ I have an uncle named Tim. The game in 99 vs. the 49ers is when I started to let myself believe in the 99 team. I remember watching the season opener in 99, and I thought "this Kurt Warner guy needs to give Marshall the ball more". Hey, I was 11 or `2 or something, sorry, haha. Glad you made it over, I read your posts on STLToday.com, and from what I remember they were very good. Welcome to ROD. I personally am really enjoying being a part of ROD. Hope you feel the same.

PS. If I were to have the choice to move to any city I think it would be Seattle. I am one of those wierdo's who likes an overcast day, so I always thought Seattle would be a good place for me. as long as I had the NFL Sunday Ticket to watch my Rams, ha.