LEGEND Re: Introduce Yourself

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
joeybittick said:
Welcome Tim/ I have an uncle named Tim. The game in 99 vs. the 49ers is when I started to let myself believe in the 99 team. I remember watching the season opener in 99, and I thought "this Kurt Warner guy needs to give Marshall the ball more". Hey, I was 11 or `2 or something, sorry, haha. Glad you made it over, I read your posts on STLToday.com, and from what I remember they were very good. Welcome to ROD. I personally am really enjoying being a part of ROD. Hope you feel the same.

PS. If I were to have the choice to move to any city I think it would be Seattle. I am one of those wierdo's who likes an overcast day, so I always thought Seattle would be a good place for me. as long as I had the NFL Sunday Ticket to watch my Rams, ha.
That blow-out win was the first Ram game I saw on TV since '95. Unless the Ken Norton punch-out of the goal post was in another niner loss after that game in '95. I did see that.

Thanks. I think of myself as a see-both-sides type. I've only had real trouble with the head-in-the-sand or nose-to-the-sky posters. It's early to be declaring myself a ROD-man but the exit polls are encouraging.

The new nickname going on around here is the North-Wet. Growing up in a semi-arid climate has just made me appreciate the rain that much more. The only time that gets me down is late in winter, but the temps aren't typically cold--cold meaning 30 and below. Sunday Ticket is a must. The only game all season that I even have a chance of missing is when the Rams come up here, and Qwest is always sold out.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ram Quixote said:
Dismussbedeplace

Tim is my real world name (Timisnotmyname is a frequent user name online) and I'm another refugee from the PD site.

I began watching football during the playoffs after the 70 season, when the Cowboys were playing the niners in the NFC championship game. I didn't really know one team from the other (I was 10), but the instincts kicked in even then and I rooted against the niners. The early consequence was that I became a Cowboy fan. Not that I watched much football in '71 either (though I did root for the 'boys as they beat the Dolphins in that SB) but '72 was all Rams. I remember Willie Ellison's single-game rushing record (248?) against the Saints and an odd game against the Bengals in which they lost Gabriel and punted on 3rd down several times in the second half because Prothro didn't trust the backup. And yet they won that game on a last second FG. Yes, I'm another blue-and-white even if it was just the one season.

One confession: I suffered through a bout of separation anxiety from 95-98. Didn't have the net, could hardly get any Rams news and decided it didn't matter. I didn't need the Rams. I did check scores, but the LA Times were in grudge building mode so there wasn't much about the Rams, except that they were losing. 99 saved me. Not because of the winning, though that was great, but because they were exciting, the Ram games were on almost every Sunday starting with the niner game, even in LA.

Born in Oregon, grew up in So Cal, and moved to the Seattle area 5 years ago for a change of scenery, literally. It's just beautiful up here. I work at a construction oriented business handling their inventory and purchasing. Business isn't great but I'm in an indispensible position--provided the corporate dingbats in Texas don't decide to shut us down. More likely they'll just piss and moan about our numbers and ignore the fact that when real estate is down, so is construction.

But my real interests are in writing Science Fiction. If you're nice, I might let you read some. If you aren't, I might make you read some.

X, I have an idea for a signature, but I'm photo-shop illiterate. I hear you and some of the members here are talented.

Dissizdevinitelydeblace.

Welcome Tim ("TIMMAHHH!") Good to see you brothuh. I was hoping you'd make your way over. The PD's a good place for crackin' skulls, but I think you'll find the more reasonable discussion ovuh heeyuh. Some of that board's finest come over here after dropping off the kids off at Gymboree - if you catch my drift. Now you are one of us and resistance is futile.

Futile, I say.
hypnotize-060.gif

I'm with Joey on the location too - there's something about overcast days and heavy rain. I don't get enough of it in Florida, but I do get my share. I've been meaning to head over there and spend a couple weeks. And yeah, it's possible I'd get sick of rain 300 days a year, but I don't know... I'd like to give it a shot. There's some really nice parts of that State from what I've been able to research.

Sorry to hear about the downturn of your b'ness. I'm experiencing a similar drought in the Elevator Construction facet of my business, but there's always maintenance audits and peformance reviews to keep me busy. That's the beauty of elevators - they're always going to be there, and people always have concerns about 'em. Win/Win.

Ennyweh, stick around and make yourself at home. If there's a particular sig you're looking for, let me know what that might be and I'll see what I can do. Keep in mind I don't do Seurat copies from scratch. :tooth:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Don't think I've posted on this thread. Of course it is buried now - oh well.

Stu Miller here.

I have been routing for the Rams since '66 or '67. I'm a third generation Ram fan so my illness runs deep. My dad bought me a full Ram uniform when I was 5. Pants, jersey, useless pads in the legs and shoulders. I used to ram my helmet against our stucko wall so that it would look like it went to war like some of my favorite Ram players.

I have lots of memories growing up and cheering on the Rams with my Dad and even a couple with my Grand Dad. The Rams are not just a team and/or a bunch of stats to me. They are intertwined with a lot of great times in my life. I guess it is why I don't grip so much now when they finish with a losing season. I have seen the ups and downs. Winning a SB was great but it is not what I think of when I think of the Rams. I remember sunny days in the Coliseum. I remember watching them come back from 17 points down with about 5 minutes left against Seattle when my Dad came up for a game. I remember sitting in my Grampa's living room in San Diego and the three of us shouting at the TV. I remember a playoff game against Tampa and my Dad and I making my Mom shake her head as if we were a couple little kids on Christmas. I remember watching my Rams shut down OJ before a packed Coliseum crowd. I remember my Dad and I trading silly Ram presents at Christmas year after year.

I now live up in the great NW with my wife, two sons, and big fat black lab. We own a restaurant named Pig Feathers BBQ and my wife is an artist who is starting to get some acclaim as she finally is able to do the artist thing full time. My wife and boys and I love to get out and hunt and fish. We are a big time 2nd Amendment family. We also own a boat that works well for Salmon fishing and crabbing.

I prefer to be an optimist about my Rams because I find nothing fun about looking for the worst.

That pretty much sums it up.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
^^^

And that's what it's all about. When your team spans generations, and you've gone through everything with them, it gets a little offensive when people try to talk smack about them - constantly. That's what I believe most "realists" don't comprehend. To them, the Rams are an entity to be analyzed and scrutinized. Sure, they love them too, but they could care less if others chastise "their" team - in fact, they'd probably join in and agree. That's really the part I don't get because it's like there's no pride or passion.

I'll probably never get it, so I don't even bother to try anymore.

Anyway, welcome to the fray (again). It's good to see you (again). We should talk some more (again). Oh, and btw, I have a big fat black lab too - named Molly. Best dogs in the world, bar none. Mine tops the list too, of course. :razzed:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
StlouisramsX said:
^^^

And that's what it's all about. When your team spans generations, and you've gone through everything with them, it gets a little offensive when people try to talk smack about them - constantly. That's what I believe most "realists" don't comprehend. To them, the Rams are an entity to be analyzed and scrutinized. Sure, they love them too, but they could care less if others chastise "their" team - in fact, they'd probably join in and agree. That's really the part I don't get because it's like there's no pride or passion.

I'll probably never get it, so I don't even bother to try anymore.

Anyway, welcome to the fray (again). It's good to see you (again). We should talk some more (again). Oh, and btw, I have a big fat black lab too - named Molly. Best dogs in the world, bar none. Mine tops the list too, of course. :razzed:

Yeah - I think we are really on the same page here.

BTW - mine is a big fat (115 lbs) unik (sp?) named Nixon. People keep telling us to put him on a diet but he loves food so much we think he would actually die of depression before his health got him. :mrgreen: And yes... Labs are THE best.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
We have a yellow Lab mix (the ears are shorter) and an 8-month old Lab-springer spaniel mix who's only half the size. But I tell you, Petey--the pup--leaps at Nellie all the time, hitting her with his shoulder like a LB (really--I wince sometimes). Fortunately, he's like a CB to Nellie's OL, and Nellie is pretty even-tempered (which is redundant when you're talking about Labs).

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Nice a lab thread! My wife insisted on getting her own little purse-dog, ankle-biter, wombat, whatever you wanna call little dogs (it's a cockapoo). My lab is getting used to her, but sometimes I think she'd just like to make a snack out it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
StlouisramsX said:
Nice a lab thread! My wife insisted on getting her own little purse-dog, ankle-biter, wombat, whatever you wanna call little dogs (it's a cockapoo). My lab is getting used to her, but sometimes I think she'd just like to make a snack out it.

Now that is a classic Lab look. "I want that ball. That dog has my ball. I could bite that dog and steel the ball but that wouldn't be right. Maybe someone will notice how much I want that ball. Gee I'd like that ball. Maybe just a little bite"

By the way... can you attach a photo without it being already on a website?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamFan503 said:
StlouisramsX said:

Now that is a classic Lab look. "I want that ball. That dog has my ball. I could bite that dog and steel the ball but that wouldn't be right. Maybe someone will notice how much I want that ball. Gee I'd like that ball. Maybe just a little bite"

By the way... can you attach a photo without it being already on a website?
Yeah. If you have one on your computer, and it's not insanely huge, you can use the "attachment" button beneath the message area here, and upload it. Then select "place in-line" and voila. They it eeeez.

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
For sure man! Stltoday was getting boring!

I am glad I found R.O.D!!! :bign:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Alright... this is a not so good pic of my fatso Lab. At least it is taken at his favorite place in the world - the beach. His fur is constantly full of sand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Awesome... big ole' hog. Love those dogs. I don't even call mine by her name anymore, I can say, "Git over here you freakin' cow" -- and she comes galloping over, tail waggin', happy as can be.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
StlouisramsX said:
Awesome... big ole' hog. Love those dogs. I don't even call mine by her name anymore, I can say, "Git over here you freakin' cow" -- and she comes galloping over, tail waggin', happy as can be.

Too funny. Mine comes to Fatty, Dufus, Big Dufus, Big Dummy (though he's not - he's just deaf) or pretty much anything else that sounds like he is not in trouble. Just a big freakin' kid he is.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Bo here, originally from Virginia then moved to Georgia via the US Air Force years ago. Been a Rams fan since 1967.
So I've seen a lot of good teams falling just short over the years. The 1978 season was great and the 31-19 loss to the Steelers in that SB was a lot closer than the score. Many years watching the scoreboard of other games to catch the Rams score until NFL Sunday Ticket. I've seen the Rams play four times live over the years, in Detroit twice, in Atlanta, and last year in Jacksonville. Hope to be in Tampa this year and really really really want to go to a Rams home game before I'm done here. I never give up when watching the Rams no matter how bad it looks. I guess I like to root for the underdog too. But I have a feeling about this team (SHOCK THE WORLD STUFF) and think within a couple of seasons, the Rams will see the playoffs again.

Favorite Rams: Roman Gabriel, Jack Snow, Eric Dickerson, Merlin Olsen, Deacon Jones, Dick Bass, Tom Mack, Henry Ellard, Isaac Bruce, Torry Holt, Marshall Faulk, Jack Youngblood, Nolan Cromwell, Wille Ellison, and on and on and on.

I'm also a Nebraska Cornhusker fan so I love to see the Rams draft Huskers. So why not Suh???? DANG! With that said, Good luck to Sam Bradford!

And my apologies to the Big 10 for what the Huskers are about to do to them!!!!!!!!!!!! :sly:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ramhusker said:
Bo here, originally from Virginia then moved to Georgia via the US Air Force years ago. Been a Rams fan since 1967.
So I've seen a lot of good teams falling just short over the years. The 1978 season was great and the 31-19 loss to the Steelers in that SB was a lot closer than the score. Many years watching the scoreboard of other games to catch the Rams score until NFL Sunday Ticket. I've seen the Rams play four times live over the years, in Detroit twice, in Atlanta, and last year in Jacksonville. Hope to be in Tampa this year and really really really want to go to a Rams home game before I'm done here. I never give up when watching the Rams no matter how bad it looks. I guess I like to root for the underdog too. But I have a feeling about this team (SHOCK THE WORLD STUFF) and think within a couple of seasons, the Rams will see the playoffs again.

Favorite Rams: Roman Gabriel, Jack Snow, Eric Dickerson, Merlin Olsen, Deacon Jones, Dick Bass, Tom Mack, Henry Ellard, Isaac Bruce, Torry Holt, Marshall Faulk, Jack Youngblood, Nolan Cromwell, Wille Ellison, and on and on and on.

I'm also a Nebraska Cornhusker fan so I love to see the Rams draft Huskers. So why not Suh???? DANG! With that said, Good luck to Sam Bradford!

And my apologies to the Big 10 for what the Huskers are about to do to them!!!!!!!!!!!! :sly:
Hey welcome aboard my fellow Virginian. I was born in Fredericksburg, and my sister in Charlottesville, but we moved out of there when I was 2 and headed to Florida. I went back to visit once because one of my friends growing up in Florida moved up to Virginia - to Richmond. Very nice State. Very nice.

Sorry the Rams didn't take your boy, but glad to see you backing the guy they did take. I wish more people had your civility. Nice list of Elder Statesman Rams you put up there. Very cool. I wish I had the opportunity to actually see some of those guys play, but I didn't become a fan until 1978 - when I was 12. Anyway, welcome to the board and let me know if you need anything.

RamsFan4Life

Starter
Ramhusker said:

Welcome!!! And thank you for your service to this country.