LEGEND Re: Introduce Yourself

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Hello my fellow Ram fans, my name is Doug, (many Doug's around here)
Nice board much better than the Ram sites on FaceBook.
I go way back when Roman Gabriel was playing, he was a tall QB and big like me he was 6'4 I'm 6'5
I was such a big Ram fan I would even listen to them play on the Radio Dick Engberg was the Rams announcer. I would be outside washing my car and then waxing it, boy those were the days. I went to many Ram games at the Coliseum, never went when they were in Anaheim wish I did but because of the job I had I had to work on game day. Hope to get season tickets to all the games soon. View attachment 12019
Welcome aboard Doug! Did you "Leap" on Board because it was 'Feb 29th!? ( We use blue font around here when we are joking around!)

KCLARAM FAN

Rookie
Name
kclaram
Hi folks,

I started watching the Rams in the late 80's right after they traded Eric Dickerson. I loved that 1989 season with Jim Everett, Henry Ellard, Flipper Anderson, Pete Holohan, Jackie Slater, and Kevin "Hulk Hogan" Greene. The following years after that weren't great, but there was always hope after each and every draft. I was really bummed after the Rams left for St. Loius, and the '99 title season was very bittersweet. I'm happy the team is back in LA. I can't wait to renew the old LA Rams - SF 49ers rivalry. As a UCLA alum, I'm hoping the Rams absolutely demolish Pete Carroll's Seahawks each game we play them.

ROD seems like a great Rams forum, and I'm looking forward to being a part of it.

RAMbling818

Hey there Rambing we have an awful lot in Common. I started watching the Rams in the mid 80's I also was really bummed when they left for st loluis. My case is unique though. I live in Kansas City and growing up the Royals were always my favorite team in baseball naturally and you would think since I live here in Kc the Chiefs would be my favorite team in football but that has never been the case at all.Except for when Joe Montana was here,I have never liked the Chiefs.He was my favorite quarterback when he was with the 49ers so when he joined the Chiefs i had no choice but to become a fan then.lol

Since I never liked the chiefs growing up the team I became a fan of was the Los Angeles Rams.California is my favorite state and they had the coolest looking uniforms in the country bar none so they were my favorite team.the san diego chargers uniforms were a close second for me when they had the yellow pants.

when the Rams left LA,it was the darkest and most depressing moment in my whole life.It was like having your wife who your were faithful and loyal to your whole life leave you for another man.It was very bitter.I lost interest in NFL football after that.

I guess since I am a purist is why I hated it so much.It was the same way when the Raiders left Oakland.I did not like it at all..I always got excited about seeing the Rams and 49ers play on monday night football because of that california rivalry.it just wasnt the same when they were gone.I did not care about watching the rams or 49er play again after that.Will be really fun to watch those games again and see that california rivalry renewed again.

just hope the days can get renewed from the decade of the 80's when both teams were really good and that rivalry was in full swing back then.

KCLARAM FAN

Rookie
Name
kclaram
I've lurked on multiple sights for years- I am from Springfield, MO (2.5 hrs SW of Stl). I tried to let my anger lead me to another team or away from the NFL completely, but it's taken less than a month to realize that the Rams are a part of me. Rooting for team and players seems to have superseded my anger at Kroenke and the process. I have rooted for this team since I was a gawky awkward 14 year old in the Rich Brooks era, no reason to stop now.

My next step was finding a neutral site that still welcomed all fans and moved away from the trolling on both sides. RamsTalk had become unreadable, with most of the decent posters moving on (Stl and LA). I had visited this site from time to time, and it has really been a boone for me after the relocation mess. Simply Rams fans. Period. Thanks for that! That inclusiveness will make it easier for StL fans to heal. Their are plenty out there looking for a place where trolls don't pour salt in wounds, and football talk still exists.
Here's to an offensive renaissance and the playoffs!

I commend you for hanging in there as a Rams fan and not adopting another team.Thats very difficult to do I know first hand.I was not able to do that when they left LA.I had to switch to the Chargers I was so bitter with them for leaving. You will always be welcomed by Rams fans out there on the west coast.we all know the hate and bitterness you feel.we felt that way towards Georgia Frontiere.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Hey there Rambing we have an awful lot in Common. I started watching the Rams in the mid 80's I also was really bummed when they left for st loluis. My case is unique though. I live in Kansas City and growing up the Royals were always my favorite team in baseball naturally and you would think since I live here in Kc the Chiefs would be my favorite team in football but that has never been the case at all.Except for when Joe Montana was here,I have never liked the Chiefs.He was my favorite quarterback when he was with the 49ers so when he joined the Chiefs i had no choice but to become a fan then.lol

Since I never liked the chiefs growing up the team I became a fan of was the Los Angeles Rams.California is my favorite state and they had the coolest looking uniforms in the country bar none so they were my favorite team.the san diego chargers uniforms were a close second for me when they had the yellow pants.

when the Rams left LA,it was the darkest and most depressing moment in my whole life.It was like having your wife who your were faithful and loyal to your whole life leave you for another man.It was very bitter.I lost interest in NFL football after that.

I guess since I am a purist is why I hated it so much.It was the same way when the Raiders left Oakland.I did not like it at all..I always got excited about seeing the Rams and 49ers play on monday night football because of that california rivalry.it just wasnt the same when they were gone.I did not care about watching the rams or 49er play again after that.Will be really fun to watch those games again and see that california rivalry renewed again.

just hope the days can get renewed from the decade of the 80's when both teams were really good and that rivalry was in full swing back then.
" Welcome Aboard!" I hope you post frequently, It's a Lot of fun, and definitely an education at times! There are a lot of knowledgeable people here, and some people that act like they know it all!:D But that's because they do!!:rolllaugh:We use Blue Font around here when we are Joking around!!

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Was brought up a LA Rams fan from my father who is from SoCal. I lived in SoCal till about 13 years old and moved to Niner country. I followed them from LA to STL and now back to LA as a fan. I have never left loving the horns. I lived most my life in NorCal battling 49er fans my whole highschool life and beyond haha (99' was so so sweet for me). Ive been a fan since I was probably about 8 years old. So 1990-Now. Some of my favorite players over the years were Jim Everett, Jerome Bettis, Todd Lyght(the 1st NFL draft I ever watched), Isaac Bruce, Marshall Faulk, hell anyone from the GSOT.

Paulxix

UDFA
Name
Paul
What's up guys? My name is Paul, and I've been a die hard Rams fan for about 16 years now. I fell in love with them during their loss to New Orleans in the wild card round. I've lurked on the stltoday Rams talk forum for about 8 years, and have been looking for a good forum to replace it for a while now. The discussions and page layout are exactly what I was looking for. I probably won't post too much because I just like to read the discussions, but thought I'd introduce myself.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
What's up guys? My name is Paul, and I've been a die hard Rams fan for about 16 years now. I fell in love with them during their loss to New Orleans in the wild card round. I've lurked on the stltoday Rams talk forum for about 8 years, and have been looking for a good forum to replace it for a while now. The discussions and page layout are exactly what I was looking for. I probably won't post too much because I just like to read the discussions, but thought I'd introduce myself.
Hey. No matter what you do?

Phenomenal name.

Yours in similarity,
Paul

nantucket9

UDFA
Name
nantucket9
Ram fan since the late 1960's.... through thick and lots of thin over the many years. Draft nut (been to about 15 drafts over the years), avid game watcher forever (even used to have people sending me casettes of recorded games!)......and am glad they are back in LA. Might pressure ownership into making some coaching changes so we actually can have a winning record. That would be a novel thing.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Yes, Be careful Posting, It can be addictive! I found out the hard way! Now I can't stop!!:rolllaugh::D:homercrawl:

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
:rant:Why so many dang "Pauls" and "Dave's" on this board? Enough already!!;) -John

:homer:Isn't there another Homer out there? Oh, that's right. We are all homers.

Name
Adam
My name is Adam. I'm 32 from Cleveland, OH.

Former life-long disenfranchised Cleveland Browns fan. Jimmy Haslam, Ray Farmer and Johnny Manziel were the final nails in my Cleveland Browns coffin. Would attend and tailgate Browns games regularly. The atmosphere for game day were the only draw of being a fan.

I had the feeling of wanting to change teams year ago saying in my head, "After the Browns fire the next front office regime, I'm out." This season the stars aligned, the Browns were an embarrassment and they fired everyone. Perfect time to make a clean break. As for the stigma of switching teams, I put my time and money into the Cleveland Browns for 20 year and received zero postitive return. I comfortable with my decision.

The Rams were an easy choice. Franchise that originated in Cleveland now moving back to their longest tenured location. The excitement of being back in LA. Also, I didn't want to be like "OK, now I'm a New England fan!" The Rams are the right mixture of not good but on the cusp of being something.

Avid college football & Ohio State fan. It's my favorite sport. The Rams have great history of Ohio State players in their franchise. Orlando Pace being the highlight for me. The current Ohio State players on the Rams roster like CB2 and Doug Worthington were great at OSU. (Self report: Laurinitus factored heavily into me picking the Rams also. His release was a bummer to say the least, but the NFL is a cold world.)

I have consumed LA Sportstalk radio daily for years. Starting with Jim Rome and now onto Petros and Money. PMS and their coverage of NFL to LA for years probably factored into my decision.

A few weeks ago I went as far to take a quick 4 day mid week vacation to see Los Angeles for the first time. First time in the state of California. Left the cold, grey skies of Cleveland and arrived to sun-shining I know this sounds like such a tourist statement but it's impressive how beautiful Southern California is.

Spent some time poking through the Internet looking for forums and places to find Rams content and ended up here.

I'm excited for NFL football for the first time in years. Glad to be a Rams fan.

Last edited:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
My name is Adam. I'm 32 from Cleveland, OH.

Former life-long disenfranchised Cleveland Browns fan. Jimmy Haslam, Ray Farmer and Johnny Manziel were the final nails in my Cleveland Browns coffin. Would attend and tailgate Browns games regularly. The atmosphere for game day were the only draw of being a fan.

I had the feeling of wanting to change teams year ago saying in my head, "After the Browns fire the next front office regime, I'm out." This season the stars aligned, the Browns were an embarrassment and they fired everyone. Perfect time to make a clean break. As for the stigma of switching teams, I put my time and money into the Cleveland Browns for 20 year and received zero postitive return. I comfortable with my decision.

The Rams were an easy choice. Franchise that originated in Cleveland now moving back to their longest tenured location. The excitement of being back in LA. Also, I didn't want to be like "OK, now I'm a New England fan!" The Rams are the right mixture of not good but on the cusp of being something.

Avid college football & Ohio State fan. It's my favorite sport. The Rams have great history of Ohio State players in their franchise. Orlando Pace being the highlight for me. The current Ohio State players on the Rams roster like CB2 and Doug Worthington were great at OSU. (Self report: Laurinitus factored heavily into me picking the Rams also. His release was a bummer to say the least, but the NFL is a cold world.)

I have consumed LA Sportstalk radio daily for years. Starting with Jim Rome and now onto Petros and Money. PMS and their coverage of NFL to LA for years probably factored into my decision.

A few weeks ago I went as far to take a quick 4 day mid week vacation to see Los Angeles for the first time. First time in the state of California. Left the cold, grey skies of Cleveland and arrived to sun-shining I know this sounds like such a tourist statement but it's impressive how beautiful Southern California is.

Spent some time poking through the Internet looking for forums and places to find Rams content and ended up here.

I'm excited for NFL football for the first time in years. Glad to be a Rams fan.
Whoa, not so fast.
You have to run the gauntlet and prove your worth before you can jump on this bandwagon.
@LesBaker will PM you the details. And don't be put off by the pictures he sends. He's just proud of his collection of fat chicks.

Welcome aboard (hopefully).

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Whoa, not so fast.
You have to run the gauntlet and prove your worth before you can jump on this bandwagon.
@LesBaker will PM you the details. And don't be put off by the pictures he sends. He's just proud of his collection of fat chicks.

Welcome aboard (hopefully).

-X- he has paid his dues if he's been a Browns fan. Loyalty is a curse.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
-X- he has paid his dues if he's been a Browns fan. Loyalty is a curse.
Well that was easy.
No gauntlet today, fellas.

giphy.gif

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I broke off a few dollars to the site donation in appreciation of not being tarred or feathered.

I'm a Clevelander FYI........though I moved about 6 years ago to SWFL.

Everyone I know back home is a Browns fan and I've always wanted the best for them unless they were playing the Rams. I went to the Monday nighter several years back........it was 9 degrees without the wind chill.

Enjoy the site........this is a good group of people.

Feel free to contribute to the No Pirates Just Booty thread.