LEGEND Re: Introduce Yourself

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Name
Adam
I'm a Clevelander FYI........though I moved about 6 years ago to SWFL.

Everyone I know back home is a Browns fan and I've always wanted the best for them unless they were playing the Rams. I went to the Monday nighter several years back........it was 9 degrees without the wind chill.

Enjoy the site........this is a good group of people.

Feel free to contribute to the No Pirates Just Booty thread.

cleveland is a wonderful place but weather and sports franchise wise, you made the right choice.

haslam made the browns not the team we grew up with for me.

glad i found a forum with active threads and rams content.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
cleveland is a wonderful place but weather and sports franchise wise, you made the right choice.

There are several things I miss about it, but the weather isn't one of them haha.

East side or west?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I broke off a few dollars to the site donation in appreciation of not being tarred or feathered.
welcome my man....The start of your Rams fanhood is noted and its definately not a case of being a good time charle, although I believe good things are about to happen!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

Welcome aboard, dude. :cheers:

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
I'm Gary and I've been a Rams fan since Eric Dickerson in 1984. I've been following the Rams during the era ofJohn Robinson's Student Body Right, Everett to Flipper Anderson, Henry Ellard, the Tony "I'm Not Tyra" Banks era, Warner/Faulk/Pace Holt and 1999 Superbowl Championship, the beginning of the Cheatriot era in 2001/2002, the Martz downfall, Linehan, the "horrible" Spags years and now Jeff Fisher.

I live in Irvine, California and very happy that the Rams are back. When the Rams moved to St. Louis, I knew the Rams offensively were OK (not that far from scoring lots of points). And that kept me following them because I knew they were very close to being Superbowl contender.

But when Trent Green went down from that Rodney Harrison hit, I thought "here we go again". The curse from Georgia's dabbling in voodoo and horoscope was about to doom the team. Little did we know, that was a blessing in disguise, and the next QB who got cut by the Rams but eventually claimed back from waivers, was the rallying cry from Dick Vermeil "who we will rally behind Kurt Warner and play some great Rams football". The Rams won the whole thing in 1999 and I thought the dynasty was going to last forever.

Unfortunately, Vermeil retired too early and Martz and the front office squabbling really brought what was a dynasty-in-the-making down to the point that the Niners were back to kicking sand into the Rams faces again.

But now, the new cycle is trending up for the Rams. And hopefully, they will draft receiving and TE playmakers (and hopefully a QB who can tear it up), the Rams are going to make some waves.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm Gary and I've been a Rams fan since Eric Dickerson in 1984. I've been following the Rams during the era ofJohn Robinson's Student Body Right, Everett to Flipper Anderson, Henry Ellard, the Tony "I'm Not Tyra" Banks era, Warner/Faulk/Pace Holt and 1999 Superbowl Championship, the beginning of the Cheatriot era in 2001/2002, the Martz downfall, Linehan, the "horrible" Spags years and now Jeff Fisher.

I live in Irvine, California and very happy that the Rams are back. When the Rams moved to St. Louis, I knew the Rams offensively were OK (not that far from scoring lots of points). And that kept me following them because I knew they were very close to being Superbowl contender.

But when Trent Green went down from that Rodney Harrison hit, I thought "here we go again". The curse from Georgia's dabbling in voodoo and horoscope was about to doom the team. Little did we know, that was a blessing in disguise, and the next QB who got cut by the Rams but eventually claimed back from waivers, was the rallying cry from Dick Vermeil "who we will rally behind Kurt Warner and play some great Rams football". The Rams won the whole thing in 1999 and I thought the dynasty was going to last forever.

Unfortunately, Vermeil retired too early and Martz and the front office squabbling really brought what was a dynasty-in-the-making down to the point that the Niners were back to kicking sand into the Rams faces again.

But now, the new cycle is trending up for the Rams. And hopefully, they will draft receiving and TE playmakers (and hopefully a QB who can tear it up), the Rams are going to make some waves.
Is your middle name Luft?

Nobody?

Fine. Welcome aboard, m'man.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Is your middle name Luft?

Nobody?

Fine. Welcome aboard, m'man.

No, the screen name was supposed to be 999Balloons. The play Martz called for Warner to Isaac Bruce during the Superbowl in 1999. When I started the screen name at RamsTalk, I hastily typed in 99Balloons and forgot the extra 9.

So I just kept it as 99Balloons. But it's great for 99 Luft Balloons too.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Welcome! Dive right in and have some fun with us.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Welcome aboard! You've picked a great time of year to join us. We have our annual ROD Mock Draft going on, If you keep an eye on it you'll have a great chance to gage the Football knowledge of the members of this Forum! And catch on to the "Wit" of some around here! Enjoy!

Stinger

UDFA
Hi folks,

I'm from Australia originally but my Dad was in the Royal Australian Air Force and we got a posting to Norton Air Force Base, California in 1974 when I was 6 years old. That's where I picked up my love of US sports and my teams so I'm a Rams, Dodgers and Lakers fan.

I've been following the Rams ever since, catching whatever games I could get on late night TV here in Australia but mostly reading about them in Football Digest and later, with the advent of the Internet, online. My friends and I also learned quite a lot by playing Statis Pro Football, if you can believe it. My love of the game of American Football (which we refer to as ‘Gridiron’) led me to play at my university, which had a team in a (very) amateur state competition. I played 100 games for the Waverley Sharks and loved every single minute of it.

I was travelling the world in 1999 and missed the entire season of the Greatest Show on Turf except the Super Bowl, which I was lucky enough to catch in a backpacker's hostel in London. I was the happiest person in the room that night by a long way.

Favourite players over the years have included the Fearsome Foursome, the Youngbloods, Johnny Capeletti, Eric Dickerson and his awesome O-line of Pankey, Hill, Smith, Harrah and Slater, the mid 80s secondary of Irvin, Cromwell, Green and Johnson and later on Lyght and McNeil, Ellard and Flipper , Bruce and Holt, Warner, Faulk and Pace. So many more but I’ve rambled on too much already J.

I lost contact a bit during the 2000s but I’m really keen on following them closely again. One of my dreams is to get over to the States and watch the Rams back home in LA. I hope to realise that dream one day soon.

I’m glad that I’ve found a community of like-minded folk and I look forward to reading some of your game experiences throughout the next season.

Thanks for having me.

Name
Raminiscing
My Names Kevin, I live in Southern Cal and I've been a DIEHARD Rams fans since the early 80s.
I use to go to lots of games in Anaheim and I feel as though I've been dreaming since Jan 12th.
I'm very excited for the coming season obviously

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
My Names Kevin, I live in Southern Cal and I've been a DIEHARD Rams fans since the early 80s.
I use to go to lots of games in Anaheim and I feel as though I've been dreaming since Jan 12th.
I'm very excited for the coming season obviously
Welcome aboard. Nice nod to the Little River Band too.

Name
Troy
Hey everybody, I'm Troy. Like so many other fans, I fell in love with the Rams during that magical '99 season and never looked back. Despite falling short in Super Bowl XXXVI, the '01 Rams are my all-time favorite team, though. I was "ramstough39" on the Clan Ram forum ever since June 2005, but ever since they changed the format I was never able to log in again, so I decided to take my lurking abilities here.

I'm from southwest Virginia. I don't care where the Rams play; they could play in Alaska and I'd still be a fan, so the location has always been irrelevant to me. There are no pro sports teams here; however, when it comes to college sports I'm a Virginia Tech fan, as Blacksburg is so close and I've always had a connection to their program. Anyway, where I'm from, more than anything I see nasty Pittsburgh Squeelers fans romping around.

Nice to meet everybody.