LEGEND Re: Introduce Yourself

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
New to ROD. Grew up in Whiner country, Northern Ca. But lived in Minnesota when I was little and remember meeting Alan Page at Viking training camp (1971?)- he was friends with my dad- and seeing his purple sports car.

We moved to the Bay Area in 1974. First day in San Mateo my dad walked us down to the local Elementary school to run off some energy, and he struck up a conversation with the janitor, who was beaming, "My son Lynn was just drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers!" My dad, being a big USC fan, already knew about Lynn Swann and offered his congratulations. We actually came to know the Swann family pretty well, and of course followed his career. His mom was nice enough to give us tickets to his MVP celebration a couple years later. (You should have seen me, coolest 10 year old kid at the party, easily. Just ask me) Just a couple of my Forrest Gump moments that make life a little more interesting.

None of things swayed me off of my love of the Rams, though. We used to go to all the great Ram-Niner games every year through the 70's and 80's. I was as the NFC championship game in '89, donning my rams gear, we were winning 3-0, early second quarter when Jim Everett floated that ball to a wide open Flipper Anderson, after the Niner CB was juked. Ronnie Lott ran from South San Francisco to bat it down, :wtf:and nothing good happened the rest of the day. Frustrated, a young 24 year-old threw his Rams jacket into a Cheveron gas station dumpster, like a petulant child.:(:cry: But you can never stop being a fan, right? Better years were to come!

My dad actually had season tickets in the Anaheim years, but I did get a chance to go to one game at the Coliseum. (A loss to Fouts' Chargers) I got to see Dickerson at the big A, then drove home 500 miles with my dad to make it for school the next day. I've been able to meet Henry Ellard, DeMarco Farr among others. Great guys.

My SB XXXIV experience was setting up to be great. Greatest Show On Turf. Dream year. I was going through a divorce, so it pretty much cancelled out, right? I was watching my brothers house at the time while he worked out of town, so I had his big screen, couple frosty ones on deck,:cheers: wings, etc.:popcorn: I set up the TV and somehow hit the SAP button (Spanish Language) and couldn't turn it off. :headexplosion: 20 minutes until kickoff! The only other tv in the house was an old school 15"- had to crank the volume on that TV and put the Spanish language on the big screen on mute! We do what we must do. Finally a Lombardi trophy, though! Sweet victory.

Wish that era lasted longer...cheers gentlemen. John

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
A big ROD welcome to @Dan Poplawski, @Roman Snow and all the other new members. Merry Christmas to all of you.

Some great stories there Roman. I lived in the SF Bay Area myself for over 30 years - Campbell, Sunnyvale, Milpitas, Santa Clara, etc. One can't help but come to detest the 49ers because of their obnoxious, wine-sipping fans that surround you everywhere you go.

Unfortunately, my brother @RedRam and I grew up with a dad who was a 49ers fanatic. He took me to many of their games to try to indoctrinate me into the fold, first at Kezar stadium and then at Candlestick Park. The Raiders games were fun to watch though. Got to see a lot of NFL games and legendary players in my youth. Good times.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Banned from the Dispatch Gestapo (jeez what took them so long?) I've moved over to greener pastures where people speak highly of my favorite football team sprinkling them with butterflies and rainbows!

Hmmm who said good luck with that? :p

What... no Ram helmet smilies?! :eek:

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
Hello, fellow Rams fans.

My name's Douglas Austin, and I started following the Rams seriously around 2009. My Dad was a Rams fan when they were in L.A. the first time, and would tune in from time to time to check up on the team over the years, but mostly stopped watching the NFL after that. Football was never big in my home, as I was growing up, and I kind of came to the sport fairly late. I'm into books, guys. I played a lot of tennis and basketball and I'm a big Ultimate Frisbee player.

I'm from Southern California, Newbury Park to be exact, and went to college at UCSB. Currently, I'm living in South Korea, teaching English, but will be back in the States in February.

I've been a Lakers fan, but haven't been following closely since they got Nash and Howard. I got sick of the philosophy of chasing the big names, and the players changing from year to year. For me, sports aren't about business, and nor are they about winning it all, every year. I think the personalities and narratives of a team, the culture of the players can be just as important. I'm really hoping the move to L.A. doesn't poison the front office with the pressure of attracting big names and making a winner at any and all costs. One of the reasons I've become an avid NFL fan is that it really is so much more of a team-oriented sport, where consistency and and a patiently-built, cohesive, and fraternally forged roster breeds success and a winning culture. (I think basketball is that way as well, but the NBA wasn't reflecting that. There are positive signs, and I appreciate the SA Spurs and the GS Warriors for what they're doing/have done and the blueprint they are laying out.) Overall, winning is important. But if I can't feel connected to the players, involved in the story of how they got here, then the victory is empty to me. I'm not rooting for the owner, for the executives, for the location. I'm rooting for the players, who ARE the Rams.

Anyway, I've been a lurker on Rams Forums since about 2009, but didn't start following ROD until this season, when the negativity in other places just got to be too much for me to to stomach, and I actively looked for and found this forum. Decided to become a member, though I'm not entirely sure if I'll really post all that frequently. We'll see. From the looks of it, I tend to blather on.

Humbly excited the Rams will be in Southern CA again, and hope they represent themselves and their tradition well, and don't morph into a dysfunctional Hollywood beast.

Anyway, cheers. Thanks for reading. Dedicated fans here. Hope we grow and grow. Go Rams.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Hello, fellow Rams fans.

My name's Douglas Austin, and I started following the Rams seriously around 2009. My Dad was a Rams fan when they were in L.A. the first time, and would tune in from time to time to check up on the team over the years, but mostly stopped watching the NFL after that. Football was never big in my home, as I was growing up, and I kind of came to the sport fairly late. I'm into books, guys. I played a lot of tennis and basketball and I'm a big Ultimate Frisbee player.

I'm from Southern California, Newbury Park to be exact, and went to college at UCSB. Currently, I'm living in South Korea, teaching English, but will be back in the States in February.

I've been a Lakers fan, but haven't been following closely since they got Nash and Howard. I got sick of the philosophy of chasing the big names, and the players changing from year to year. For me, sports aren't about business, and nor are they about winning it all, every year. I think the personalities and narratives of a team, the culture of the players can be just as important. I'm really hoping the move to L.A. doesn't poison the front office with the pressure of attracting big names and making a winner at any and all costs. One of the reasons I've become an avid NFL fan is that it really is so much more of a team-oriented sport, where consistency and and a patiently-built, cohesive, and fraternally forged roster breeds success and a winning culture. (I think basketball is that way as well, but the NBA wasn't reflecting that. There are positive signs, and I appreciate the SA Spurs and the GS Warriors for what they're doing/have done and the blueprint they are laying out.) Overall, winning is important. But if I can't feel connected to the players, involved in the story of how they got here, then the victory is empty to me. I'm not rooting for the owner, for the executives, for the location. I'm rooting for the players, who ARE the Rams.

Anyway, I've been a lurker on Rams Forums since about 2009, but didn't start following ROD until this season, when the negativity in other places just got to be too much for me to to stomach, and I actively looked for and found this forum. Decided to become a member, though I'm not entirely sure if I'll really post all that frequently. We'll see. From the looks of it, I tend to blather on.

Humbly excited the Rams will be in Southern CA again, and hope they represent themselves and their tradition well, and don't morph into a dysfunctional Hollywood beast.

Anyway, cheers. Thanks for reading. Dedicated fans here. Hope we grow and grow. Go Rams.

I think you'll fit right in. Look forward to hearing from you and thanks for the EXCELLENT introduction.

PartyKane

UDFA
Name
Alex Maldonado
Hello,

I've been a Bears fan since '07 due to Hester's amazing opening kickoff return in that Super Bowl. I've always lived in Los Angeles, but we've never had an NFL team in my existence, well technically I was one or so. Now that we have a team here I know first hand many people are excited and will be bandwagoning on our new team here in the city. I don't know much about the Rams being a Bears fan, but I'm hoping to begin a fan ship with the home team. This is a very perculiar situation for many people here in LA being team less has made many people adopt out of market teams meaning many people will be supporting two teams. I will consider myself a Rams/ Bears fan supporting the home team first, but part of me will always love Da Bears. I'm excited to be part of a city with an NFL team.

Go Rams!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Hello,

I've been a Bears fan since '07 due to Hester's amazing opening kickoff return in that Super Bowl. I've always lived in Los Angeles, but we've never had an NFL team in my existence, well technically I was one or so. Now that we have a team here I know first hand many people are excited and will be bandwagoning on our new team here in the city. I don't know much about the Rams being a Bears fan, but I'm hoping to begin a fan ship with the home team. This is a very perculiar situation for many people here in LA being team less has made many people adopt out of market teams meaning many people will be supporting two teams. I will consider myself a Rams/ Bears fan supporting the home team first, but part of me will always love Da Bears. I'm excited to be part of a city with an NFL team.

Go Rams!

Welcome! You found the right fan forum.

OC Ram

What's up LA Rams! I am a resident of Mission Viejo and I'm ecstatic the Rams came home. I have been on ROD for quite some time as StlRams99 but felt it appropriate to do a name change in honor of the relo. Time to field a winning team!

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Hello,

Go Rams!

Nice to meet you PartyKane! I remember Super Bowl XLI as well. It was the first Super Bowl I had ever watched before and my family and friends were cheering for da Bears (since we live in the midwest). Hester's opening kick return is probably my favorite Super Bowl moment (outside of the Rams victory). Devin Hester, you are ridiculous!

Just thought I'd share that. Anyways, welcome aboard!!!

tiger1971

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tiger
Greetings fellow Rams fans!

I've been a fan since the 80's after my aunt and uncle visited LA and attended a Raiders game, they weren't for me but the Rams were :)

Followed the results and news via teletext in the UK and the occasional purchase of USA today on a Monday morning, things are certainly a lot easier now that we have the internet and Sky tv showing games live.

I was at Wembley, London for the Rams v Pats game a few years ago and have been a regular season ticket holder for the International Series ever since. Hugely looking forward to the Rams v Giants game at Twickenham in October and hope to see some of you there.

ROD was recommended to me via the NFL UK forums so I thought I'd take a look around.

Hull, Yorkshire & England

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Greetings fellow Rams fans!

I've been a fan since the 80's after my aunt and uncle visited LA and attended a Raiders game, they weren't for me but the Rams were :)

Followed the results and news via teletext in the UK and the occasional purchase of USA today on a Monday morning, things are certainly a lot easier now that we have the internet and Sky tv showing games live.

I was at Wembley, London for the Rams v Pats game a few years ago and have been a regular season ticket holder for the International Series ever since. Hugely looking forward to the Rams v Giants game at Twickenham in October and hope to see some of you there.

ROD was recommended to me via the NFL UK forums so I thought I'd take a look around.

Hull, Yorkshire & England
Welcome aboard , good things are coming our way

RAGRam

Pro Bowler

The problem for me is the software it's run on is so shit, and the people who run it don't give a shit, you come here where it's always up to date and if you have a problem it gets solved in a few hours, and then you go back there where the software hasn't been updated in the 5 years since I first posted and you'll be lucky if your problems ever get solved, eventually I just said "Fuck it, there's plenty of other places on the internet I can shitpost"

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Can't tell what type of software they are using but it worked fine for me, at least for one visit.

Threads: 99,744
Members: 380,185
Active Members: 2,546
Currently Active Users: 363 (33 members and 330 guests)
Most users ever online was 4,564

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Can't tell what type of software they are using but it worked fine for me, at least for one visit.

Threads: 99,744
Members: 380,185
Active Members: 2,546
Currently Active Users: 363 (33 members and 330 guests)
Most users ever online was 4,564

Yeah, there was a 3 week period where it worked fine all week, then come 6pm on Sunday it just went to complete shit, first time "fair enough shit happens", second time "OK it's getting annoying now", 3rd time (still without any explanation) "fuck this I'm out".

My favourite problem was "The £ issue" basically if you put a £ in your post everything after it wouldn't be posted, it went on for around 4 years :rolleyes:. Anyway this is the introduce yourself thread not the RAGRam gets to bitch about crappy forums thread :D, so I'll just say the more Brits we get on here the better (y).