Rams weigh 5 trading partners for WR Brandin Cooks - Revisited from 2017 trade rumor TO the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't like players who complain about not getting enough plays, but Cooks wants the ball and I would love to have a guy like that around. He basically had the same amount of targets as Britt, and if he were to come to LA as the #1, getting him up to 140 targets shouldn't be a problem, more a problem if he DIDNT get that many

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
I feel we are being quick to dismiss Coop and Spruce. sure, they're unproven commodities at this point, but they are very capable, and to dismiss them as viable options after year one is a mistake. All I think we need is a reliable possession guy. Garçon would've been perfect, but it just wasn't in the cards. I would hate to trade Tru and not receive draft comp in return. I'd personally pass on cooks.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No, they're trying to trade Cooks because he has been complaining incessantly about not getting enough targets. They aren't having major cap problems. They have about $30 million in cap room.

Oops. I thought they were still having cap issues.

ausmurp

Starter
Oops. I thought they were still having cap issues.

It was reported that they would have to sign him to a mega contract next yr so that is a reason as well as the complaints about targets. You're both right. They aren't in cap trouble right now but next yr they don't want to pay him AB $.

ausmurp

Starter
Aren't writing off coop and spruce but they aren't even on cooks level. Come on now. And who cares if he complained we should still want him. Using that logic is stupid, you're saying you then wouldn't want OBJ bc of his diva issues which haven been 10x worse than Cooks? No. We absolutely should want Cooks. He's one of the best WRs in the NFL.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I feel we are being quick to dismiss Coop and Spruce. sure, they're unproven commodities at this point, but they are very capable, and to dismiss them as viable options after year one is a mistake. All I think we need is a reliable possession guy. Garçon would've been perfect, but it just wasn't in the cards. I would hate to trade Tru and not receive draft comp in return. I'd personally pass on cooks.
Who's dismissing Cooper? He'll get a chance to improve on his 2016, he showed some promise for sure. As for Spruce, let him do something on the field and he'll get a chance

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think bringing in Woods means the Cooks ship has sailed. Only deal that would make sense for him would be moving Tru, but CB isn't a primary need for them. Rams simply don't have the draft capital to make that happen, either.

They still might move Tru, but I doubt it will be to the Saints. It would be to a team desperate for corner who struck out in FA. Eagles come to mind simply because they were all over corners in the tampering period but not hearing anything breaking for them this morning.

Todd59

Rookie
Cooks and a 2nd for TruJo and Quinn seem fair? Gets us a true #1 WR and a chance at a true 3-4 OLB. They sure up a suspect defense.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cooks and a 2nd for TruJo and Quinn seem fair? Gets us a true #1 WR and a chance at a true 3-4 OLB. They sure up a suspect defense.

Quinn is a true 3-4 OLB. That move would gut our defense.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
LA Rams weigh 5 trading partners for WR Brandin Cooks
by Bret Stuter

1579884201929.png

The LA Rams need more picks in the 2020 NFL Draft. Landing more picks may cost the Rams trading away WR Brandin Cooks

Last edited:

Psycho_X

Legend
The article didn’t say anything about the Rams considering trading him or that there are five trade partners like the title suggested or what the logistics of such a move would entail. Just talks about what already has happened. Sooo ok?

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Really misleading article title. Its just some guy speculating.

Here's my speculation- with that contract and with that concussion history, there will be approximately zero suitors for cooks, at any price.

Also, tiny bit of site feedback - I understand the need to avoid clutter with loads of similar threads but merging a thread from 2 years ago with a related topic and changing the title is confusing.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think that article is clueless. For the Rams to move him now it would be a cap deal in their favor and they'd have to sweeten the deal but don't have the draft capital to do that. So they're likely to hold on to him until 2021 when the contract gives them an out.

2020 will be JRey's last year. If necessary he should be ready to demonstrate he's the starter they've been saying he is all along. Which helps get the Rams to that 2021 out.

Or maybe Cooks has a bounceback season. IF that happens Rams might find a trade partner without it being a fire sale.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Should have just started a new thread. I thought I was going f'n crazy before I realized it was a bumped thread.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The article didn’t say anything about the Rams considering trading him or that there are five trade partners like the title suggested or what the logistics of such a move would entail. Just talks about what already has happened. Sooo ok?
The 5 teams guesstimated in this articel were:
Philadelphia Eagles
LV Raiders
Buffalo Bills
New York Jets
New York Giants
Does anyone know what Cooks cap hit is for 2021?
$16,800,000 million

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The 5 teams guesstimated in this articel were:
Philadelphia Eagles
LV Raiders
Buffalo Bills
New York Jets
New York Giants

The Giants need a quality WR, I'm sure his injury history won't help, but if the Rams can get a pick and salary cap relieve, I would do it because it appears that rookie receivers are making more impacts coming out of college like A.J. Brown, Deebo Samuel & DeKaylin Zecharius "DK" Metcalf .