Rams weigh 5 trading partners for WR Brandin Cooks - Revisited from 2017 trade rumor TO the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Is he a legit weapon? Or is he a product of having a HOF QB? I've seen this story before. Teams loves a WR on team with a HOF QB, team then acquires said WR and he doesn't perform to his contract, HC/GM get fired.

Careful what you guys wish for. You want a good WR, go get one that produces without the HOF QB throwing him the ball.

Kinda like he did with Sean Mannion throwing him the ball? Lol

Jeff Lacz

UDFA
Name
HOOSIER
TRU for Cooks! Anyway possible. Big time receiver's not coming here till Goff proves himself! Draft full of def backs help!

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Is he a legit weapon? Or is he a product of having a HOF QB? I've seen this story before. Teams loves a WR on team with a HOF QB, team then acquires said WR and he doesn't perform to his contract, HC/GM get fired.

Careful what you guys wish for. You want a good WR, go get one that produces without the HOF QB throwing him the ball.

Dude has it all except size. He's a Steve Smith clone. He may have had his career accelerated by Brees, but he was going to be successful in any decent offense. (He may have failed under Fisher. Most do)

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Id be in on a Tru for Cooks type trade. Love Cooks, I just dont see us dealing for him with Tavon's contract and having 2 smaller high paid WRs etc.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Id be in on a Tru for Cooks type trade. Love Cooks, I just dont see us dealing for him with Tavon's contract and having 2 smaller high paid WRs etc.

Size doesn't matter with Cooks. He's always open and he's physical, and extremely competitive. If anything it would be our version of DJax and Crowder

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
What the heck are you talking about? Where did you regurgitate that from?

If I'm a professional receiver and I want to win, I'm not coming to a team with a question mark at QB. I think Goff is going to be good, but Vets may not want to wait around to find out. Fact is he's 0-7.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
TRU for Cooks! Anyway possible. Big time receiver's not coming here till Goff proves himself! Draft full of def backs help!

That's some Jeff Fisher BS, you honestly believe that? Come on Jeff lacks...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

He's legit. His last year with Oregon St was Mannion's big season where he was all over draft radar. Next year when Cooks left that offense fell apart. They had other issues, but losing Cooks was an enormous hit to that offense.

And he moved right into the NFL with strong production too. He's not a case of playing with a HOF QB, he's a case of being a quality wideout and the Saints pairing him with a top QB. I would be ecstatic if the Rams found a way to bring him in.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
If I'm a professional receiver and I want to win, I'm not coming to a team with a question mark at QB. I think Goff is going to be good, but Vets may not want to wait around to find out. Fact is he's 0-7.

If I'm a professional receiver, I'm looking at more than just a rough rookie start. I'm looking at the organization, the pieces behind such organization, their philosophies, immediate future goals, the trend direction, and if I can see myself there in a few years, with the same group of guys.

... many other factors than just "Oh Jared is a Rookie, no thanks"

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Size doesn't matter with Cooks. He's always open and he's physical, and extremely competitive. If anything it would be our version of DJax and Crowder

Yeah I know him and Tavon are def different players. Cooks is a better route runner and has better hands. Tavon is more of a gadget player like Harvin. Im just not sure the FO would want to shell out tons of cap $$ on 2 smaller WRs. Cooks will likely command #1 WR money. Might make more sense to the FO to use that money on Jefferey or Pryor (Bigger #1 types) and give up nothing in a trade. That being said, id personally still love to have Cooks. Hes a big time playmaker.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception

So us ever signing a vet WR is beyond our reach?....So since Goff needs to prove himself we have to settle for the bottom of the barrel type receivers?...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So us ever signing a vet WR is beyond our reach?....So since Goff needs to prove himself we have to settle for the bottom of the barrel type receivers?...
That's our style..or has been...doh!

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Theres a rumor about Saints turning down the Titans #18 pick in the draft for Cooks. I doubt Cooks is going anywhere if they rejected that. Of course idk if its true or not. Just rumors probably.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't think it is worth it, unless they wanted to take on a guy like William Hayes and TruJo. The Rams shouldn't give up a second round pick for Cooks. They should have their pick of three very good receivers if they want them in round 2. Now if they somehow could get Cooks for a third and some players...........sure why not.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Theres a rumor about Saints turning down the Titans #18 pick in the draft for Cooks. I doubt Cooks is going anywhere if they rejected that. Of course idk if its true or not. Just rumors probably.

The #18 pick is good... but it's not Tru good. The #18 pick would allow you to get a player that can possibly turn into a Trumaine Johnson...

Trading Cooks FOR Johnson, just ensures you already GET that almost-elite defender and it pays off on day 1. There's also a greater chance for Tru to improve to Elite, rather than a rookie becoming elite in the NFL.

Johnson to Saints is a win/win for both parties.

SAK11

Rookie
The #18 pick is good... but it's not Tru good. The #18 pick would allow you to get a player that can possibly turn into a Trumaine Johnson...

Trading Cooks FOR Johnson, just ensures you already GET that almost-elite defender and it pays off on day 1. There's also a greater chance for Tru to improve to Elite, rather than a rookie becoming elite in the NFL.

One big difference between a 1st round pick and Tru is that you have to pay a ton of money for Tru right away. I'm not sure the Saints want to/will be able to do that. From an on the field perspective, though, it makes sense.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler

that logic is flawed because im 99% positive the rams arent getting any thing around the #18 pick for Tru. hell getting any 1st would be a bit of a surprise