Rams waive Henderson and Hollins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Quite Frankly, we know it's a mess and just when we seem to have something in Jackson & even Ty Nsekhe they both get hurt. I would go with Arcuri at LT over Evans because Evans sucks. Agree with Aboushi who seems to struggle with the bull rush.

Next year I concur with @El Chapo Jr the whole Offensive Line needs a major upgrade and the Rams better focus on a free agent or two along with draft capital and I don't care what they have to do in order to upgrade it.

Again, I would fire Kevin Carberry & Nick Jones, in Fact, I would hire Bill Callahan as Offensive Coordinator/OL Coach because he's one of the few OL Coaches I feel could fix this mess, but I doubt that happens.

Well was thinking how Great Aaron Kromer was with The Rams.

Was Mcvay’s ego to big or visaversa? Andy Dickerson deserves a lot of credit & the job he is doing with the Hawks(Waldon).

Then again Carberry might be getting a bad Taylor Rapp. The Rams have a lot of needs.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Quite Frankly, we know it's a mess and just when we seem to have something in Jackson & even Ty Nsekhe they both get hurt. I would go with Arcuri at LT over Evans because Evans sucks. Agree with Aboushi who seems to struggle with the bull rush.

Next year I concur with @El Chapo Jr the whole Offensive Line needs a major upgrade and the Rams better focus on a free agent or two along with draft capital and I don't care what they have to do in order to upgrade it.

Again, I would fire Kevin Carberry & Nick Jones, in Fact, I would hire Bill Callahan as Offensive Coordinator/OL Coach because he's one of the few OL Coaches I feel could fix this mess, but I doubt that happens.
I think they'll draft two linemen.. and let them fight it out with everyone returning.. and keep 10 instead of 8.
The more I think about it.. the more I think they need to draft a LT with the second round pick.. and make sure it's one who can play guard at a high level as well.. and let that guy battle with Jackson and Noteboom for the starting job. The other pick would be a Center.. and I would draft one in the 4th round (assuming a trade down here).

You'd be bringing back..
Noteboom
Jackson
2nd Round Tackle
Bruss
Anchrum
Allen
4th Round Center
Shelton
Havenstein
Brewer
Arcuri
Zach Thomas
Max Pitcher

I'm hoping left guard is either Jackson or that second round rookie.. I want a big guy and I want him getting used to that left-side footwork.
I expect Allen to be the starting center.. but want a rookie with a little more size who can reasonably be expected to fill-in when needed and be a starter by year two.
I expect Bruss to win the right guard spot.. but like having Anchrum, Shelton, Brewer all competing for that spot and depth.

You'll have some depth with experience at multiple positions and, hopefully, some young talent in Jackson, Bruss and the two draft picks.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well was thinking how Great Aaron Kromer was with The Rams.

Was Mcvay’s ego to big or visaversa? Andy Dickerson deserves a lot of credit & the job he is doing with the Hawks(Waldon).

Then again Carberry might be getting a bad Taylor Rapp. The Rams have a lot of needs.
Kromer is a good OL Coach, but he wanted the likes of Brian Allen & Bobby Evans so IMO, his talent evaluation was a bit off, plus Kromer was huge on Blythe so I know that of a matter of contention.

The time was right for Carberry who worked with McVay in Washington just like I believe the time is right to move on from Carberry, who has never had a history of good physical line play, but usually has Offensive Lines that are very good in pass protection.

It's not Carberry's fault for all these injuries, however, I blame him for keeping Bobby Evans, I also blame Liam Coen, who has praised Evans on a couple of occasions. Overall, I just want that unit to undergo a facelift in every way, OL Coach, Assistant OL Coach & some of the players too.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kromer is a good OL Coach, but he wanted the likes of Brian Allen & Bobby Evans so IMO, his talent evaluation was a bit off, plus Kromer was huge on Blythe so I know that of a matter of contention.

The time was right for Carberry who worked with McVay in Washington just like I believe the time is right to move on from Carberry, who has never had a history of good physical line play, but usually has Offensive Lines that are very good in pass protection.

It's not Carberry's fault for all these injuries, however, I blame him for keeping Bobby Evans, I also blame Liam Coen, who has praised Evans on a couple of occasions. Overall, I just want that unit to undergo a facelift in every way, OL Coach, Assistant OL Coach & some of the players too.
I'm not ready for Carberry to be gone. Like you say a lot of the problems with the OL are average to below average players he inherited and injuries.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm not ready for Carberry to be gone. Like you say a lot of the problems with the OL are average to below average players he inherited and injuries.
IDK, if the Rams can add somebody like a Bill Callahan I would be in favor of that change.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IDK, if the Rams can add somebody like a Bill Callahan I would be in favor of that change.
He is currently employed by the Browns so it would require him to be fired which I don't think happens with that HC and with his ability.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
He is currently employed by the Browns so it would require him to be fired which I don't think happens with that HC and with his ability.
Could that be trumped if McVay could give him the title "assistant head coach" which would be a promotion. Right now that's Thomas Brown (TEs) who was the RB coach last year. But he's been rumored to be an OC or HC in waiting. Who knows, he may get a promotion before Morris!!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Could that be trumped if McVay could give him the title "assistant head coach" which would be a promotion. Right now that's Thomas Brown (TEs) who was the RB coach last year. But he's been rumored to be an OC or HC in waiting. Who knows, he may get a promotion before Morris!!
TBH not sure if he has that same title already with them it's conceivable he does. If not it's possible yes.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I'm hoping left guard is either Jackson or that second round rookie.. I want a big guy and I want him getting used to that left-side footwork.
I expect Allen to be the starting center.. but want a rookie with a little more size who can reasonably be expected to fill-in when needed and be a starter by year two.
I expect Bruss to win the right guard spot.. but like having Anchrum, Shelton, Brewer all competing for that spot and depth.

You'll have some depth with experience at multiple positions and, hopefully, some young talent in Jackson, Bruss and the two draft picks.
For how many games? Allen's knee seems to be a huge issue. If it's not a torn ligament, it's swelling and fluid. We can save 5 mil with a 1.8 mil cap hit if he's cut post 6/1. I'd see how he fares in OTA's and then decide. We could sign a FA C or draft one.

It could be this:

Noteboom T
AJ Jackson T-G
Anchrum G
Bruss G
Havenstein RT
Brewer G
Arcuri T
Shelton C - G
Thomas T
UFA C (Bradbury-Minnesota?) or 2nd/3rd Round C (Avila-TCU?)

OR they could blow it up and sign/draft 5 new lineman

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
@Allen2McVay Alaric Jackson did fine at guard and is 1 inch taller. The best guards in the NFL are 1-2 inches shorter, but I doubt a single inch is making that big of a difference. If the best of the best were all 6'2" and below I could maybe buy into the height theory.
Not suggesting that no tall player can be successful playing inside.

Suggesting that David Edwards may lack the natural bend and/or consistent technique to be successful.

Ramlife

Rookie
Name
Bill
Yea im thinking everythimg that happens in a season as bad as this gets magnified.. Henderson has had chances to take the job.. he has stayed dinged up and doesn’t break tackles when healthy. He seemed to be a pretty good back.. but obviously not good enough in the people’s eyes that matter. Hopefully rook can show something going forward.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Brain Allen
giphy.gif

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't think our OL coach is terrible or anything but we definitely need a run game coordinator. I'd leave no stone unturned with this run game so address OL, RB, and whoever is drawing this shit up.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I’d definitely be onboard with brining Callahan in if they can work out a way to make it happen. Not sure Carberry is a problem as much as the personnel and of course injuries are. I thought he was the one who made the move to Allen at C last year and that was brilliant.

I do like spending money in the trenches because it affects everyone else. 2nd and 4th rounds at a minimum with more in FA. Not sure who, most of the guards I see on Spotrak I don’t recognize.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I’d definitely be onboard with brining Callahan in if they can work out a way to make it happen. Not sure Carberry is a problem as much as the personnel and of course injuries are. I thought he was the one who made the move to Allen at C last year and that was brilliant.

I do like spending money in the trenches because it affects everyone else. 2nd and 4th rounds at a minimum with more in FA. Not sure who, most of the guards I see on Spotrak I don’t recognize.
I think Callahan’s approach to the type of OL would be quite different from Carberry or McVay, although I’d personally love that approach and think McVay should consider it.

Ram65

Legend

I think McVay likes Williams for the future. He has that jitterbug moves with power. He is small in stature to hide behind the O Lineman. He was a great blitz blocker in college and can catch out of the backfield. McVay's type of RB.

Henderson made good blitz pickups and caught the ball well. He was healthy this year and was the Rams best running back by far this year. He was quick through the hole but, seemed to lack some vision and moves to make bigger runs. He made some big catches to help the Rams win the Super Bowl.

As the Rams turn is an interesting soap opera. One day it's Akers and then it Henderson out the door.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
For how many games? Allen's knee seems to be a huge issue. If it's not a torn ligament, it's swelling and fluid. We can save 5 mil with a 1.8 mil cap hit if he's cut post 6/1. I'd see how he fares in OTA's and then decide. We could sign a FA C or draft one.

It could be this:

Noteboom T
AJ Jackson T-G
Anchrum G
Bruss G
Havenstein RT
Brewer G
Arcuri T
Shelton C - G
Thomas T
UFA C (Bradbury-Minnesota?) or 2nd/3rd Round C (Avila-TCU?)

OR they could blow it up and sign/draft 5 new lineman
Totally reasonable.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Could that be trumped if McVay could give him the title "assistant head coach" which would be a promotion.
Would have to be Offensive coordinator, otherwise its lateral.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Claimed by Jacksonville. Not sure that's working out the way he'd planned or hoped...