Rams waive Henderson and Hollins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
I'm just wondering if McVay finally got sick of all the injury shit with Hendo. He was allegedly feeling knee pain this week and he's been hurt plenty of other times. If the best ability is availability, Hendo was lacking in that area, enough so that it negated whatever good he did when he was on the field.

My speculation anyway.
Other oft injured guys are here.
I think if he had the best running back in the league he'd be lucky to get 20 carries a game.
Mix in Henderson being a bit unhappy and he's gone.

fearsomefour

Legend
Let's be fair, Brain Allen saved the season last year, he played very well, but I concur I would have let him walk and looked at more healthier options, but the Rams felt he was also a good leader on the OL.

They can still regroup, they can move on from Allen, let Shelton be the starting Center next year, draft a LT in round 2, somebody like Matthew Bergeron from Syracuse, maybe Jackson unseats Noteboom, however, Jackson also showcased the ability to kick inside so that is also a plus.

You could get Kenneth Horsey from Kentucky to play Guard later & also Ricky Stromberg from Arkansas could be added later too and he's a center. That would give the Rams a Tackle, Guard & Center to add to the current mix and allow them to send players like Bobby Evans packing.
I think they can certainly afford to keep both.
Allen as had stretches where he can play. He has not been healthy this whole year.
All that said, I like Shelton at C more than G. I think both guys can play and contribute however.
Edwards is likely gone.
C one G spot and RT will likely be set already.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Allen as had stretches where he can play. He has not been healthy this whole year.
All that said, I like Shelton at C more than G. I think both guys can play and contribute however.
Edwards is likely gone.
The casualties have been numerous that's for sure, Anchrum lasted one play, Jackson looked fine and then blood clots and now Nsekhe Rams can't buy any luck from injuries across that front.

I agree on Shelton better at Center then Guard, Rams really need to upgrade the interior and get stronger so they can run behind them. I really would love to replace Carberry as the OL Coach, just believe they need someone who offers a more physical approach.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Let's be fair, Brain Allen saved the season last year, he played very well, but I concur I would have let him walk and looked at more healthier options, but the Rams felt he was also a good leader on the OL.

They can still regroup, they can move on from Allen, let Shelton be the starting Center next year, draft a LT in round 2, somebody like Matthew Bergeron from Syracuse, maybe Jackson unseats Noteboom, however, Jackson also showcased the ability to kick inside so that is also a plus.

You could get Kenneth Horsey from Kentucky to play Guard later & also Ricky Stromberg from Arkansas could be added later too and he's a center. That would give the Rams a Tackle, Guard & Center to add to the current mix and allow them to send players like Bobby Evans packing.

Happy Thanksgiving Coach!! Enjoyed your post about family today! Wishing u & family the best.

Yeah - you wanted Brian Allen cut last season & last turkey(2021) must still give you the taste of CROW. Bobby Evans wish could have been cut as well,but can’t believe he lasted longer than HENDO(wtf). I get it though.

IMO you can’t really walk from Allen & Shelton in 2023 cap wise? I am out of the loop though on the Cap tqchniqly? Confessing!!

However the draft ? Noteboom also has to be counted on.

What stinks is I saw A’Jackson in training camp being the best option at RG.When Bruss & Allen both got hurt I thought it was an actual blessing.
-Noteboom going down hurt everything,because A’Jackson really added BEEF!! He even looked good next to Kolone.
—Where The Rams go from here are better in your hands than mine right now.The draft I have NO IDEA!
My hope is someone really makes a name for themselves out of all this moving forward.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
If Edwards returns this season, I would like to see him at Left Tackle.

Always thought his height hurt him at guard because DL would get underneath him and gain leverage.

When Whitworth and Noteboom were both out against Minnesota last year, the Rams started Edwards at LT but early in the game Brain Allen went down, and Coleman Shelton(starting at LG) had to move to Center, with Edwards going back to LG and Alaric Jackson coming-in at LT.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Edwards is likely gone.

I hope A’ Jackson & Noteboom are both healthy. A’Jackson is still the Best Option at RG IMO! He really moved some DT’s & opened up holes. Hate that Noteboom got injured again.

We use to talk about Roger Saffold. Look at him NOW!!

Allen & Noteboom both being brought back after 2019 season just really adds insult to injury.
We lose Saffold & these 2 players never really put it all together.Brian Allen even last season was not totally healthy as well as Noteboom on the Superbowl run.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Always thought his height hurt him at guard because DL would get underneath him and gain leverage.

When Whitworth and Noteboom were both out against Minnesota last year, the Rams started Edwards at LT but early in the game Brain Allen went down, and Coleman Shelton(starting at LG) had to move to Center, with Edwards going back to LG and Alaric Jackson coming-in at LT.

Agree - he looked ok at LT last season? When Noteboom & Whitworth were out for a minute. Maybe that was this season? All just numbing with all the change & injuries.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Rams just need to upgrade the whole line across the board minus the right tackle. We need to add better talent to that room. If we simply rely on adding just one new offensive lineman, I don't like our chances to do much next year either.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

I doubt Edwards returns, but they did try him at LT against the Vikings before Allen went down and they had to move him back inside with Shelton going to Center and that's when Alaric Jackson showed he belonged in the NFL.

Again, I just don't see Edwards returning this year, he'll sign elsewhere next season and give it a go IMHO. Edwards was a much better option then Evans in every shape, way & form. I truly hope the Rams don't go with Evans at LT on Sunday, I'd rather give Arcuri a shot, if Nsekhe can't go.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
So he went from a backup on a 3-7 team to a backup on a 3-7 team. Congrats :)

Oh Yeah - Old School!! Keep The Hate Alive.

HENDO in the Superbowl catch will always be remembered in my book. Coming off an injury & Cam Akers looked like crap & that Georgia back had lost his mojo.
Cam Akers is the question with his future. The fact The Rams drafted K. Williams is what is to get excited about.

Les Snead said there is only 1
Football back in 2017. I wanted D. Cooks back then & Trade up for J. Taylor instead of Cam & Jefferson.
Looking back doesn’t help things though. K. Williams is The Rams best all-around RB NOW!!

Let’s Go!!

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Rams just need to upgrade the whole line across the board minus the right tackle. We need to add better talent to that room. If we simply rely on adding just one new offensive lineman, I don't like our chances to do much next year either.
It's difficult to 'up-grade the whole line' (possible ... Chiefs did it last year).

The Rams O-Line was awful in 2016. In the 2017 off-season, they added just one pick ticket OL (Whitworth), signed Sullivan to the veteran minimum only after a tender offer to RFA Ryan Groy was matched and moved a young back-up into a starting role.

The 2017 OL enjoyed almost perfect health. Not a single starter missed a single game until McVay sat starters in the final week of the Regular Season.

By-the-way, in the Super Bowl season of 2018, all five Rams' O-Line starters played all 16 games They were the only team in the NFL to do that in 2018. Just illustrates how important health an continuity is on the Offensive Line.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Once again I think The Rams made there bed at Center.Brian Allen & Shelton. Whoever survives as well to end the season has a chance?

RG or maybe LG has always needed to be addressed.The Bruss draft pick wasn’t a bad one? IMO RG needed to be addressed. coleman Shelton is a Austin Blythe type & is a Backup at Best(worst?) . Center is his position & Brian Allen is the issue?

He has 2 more years & Shelton 1 more season. That is the issue of not addressing the Center position in the draft 2021.
Tutu Atwell would have still been there,but the blessing is The Rams traded back & got Ernest Jones.

-Sonthe Thought if an aging n veteran Center with a All-Pro brother & a Philly guy who just needs to wave goodbye is a HORRIBLE CHOICE IMO.

Who then ? Freaking Finish Out The Season. Keep kicking the rocks(cans) or whatever to make sense of what you have first. The garbage is still not full & someone’s trash could be another treasure!
Rams haven't made their bed anywhere. We got rid of Gurley and Goff after big ass contract extensions so ya never know what our brain trust might do. I'm all for improving talent anywhere across the line and yes that includes trading Noteboom or even getting cutting him if we find a better LT in free agency for example. Same can be said for any position on the line where they feel they need improvement.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I doubt Edwards returns, but they did try him at LT against the Vikings before Allen went down and they had to move him back inside with Shelton going to Center and that's when Alaric Jackson showed he belonged in the NFL.

Really?!? You don't say. :laugh1:

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
It's difficult to 'up-grade the whole line' (possible ... Chiefs did it last year).

The Rams O-Line was awful in 2016. In the 2017 off-season, they added just one pick ticket OL (Whitworth), signed Sullivan to the veteran minimum only after a tender offer to RFA Ryan Groy was matched and moved a young back-up into a starting role.

The 2017 OL enjoyed almost perfect health. Not a single starter missed a single game until McVay sat starters in the final week of the Regular Season.

By-the-way, in the Super Bowl season of 2018, all five Rams' O-Line starters played all 16 games They were the only team in the NFL to do that in 2018. Just illustrates how important health an continuity is on the Offensive Line.
Agree with you there but by upgrading the whole line doesn't mean I think they will. Ideally, I'd love it, but we need to improve it by signing the right additions and bumping out weak ones a la Evans. I'd ideally want to add a starter or 2 in FA and draft some depth. That be a good start in terms of trying to upgrade that whole room.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Again, I just don't see Edwards returning this year, he'll sign elsewhere next season and give it a go IMHO. Edwards was a much better option then Evans in every shape, way & form. I truly hope the Rams don't go with Evans at LT on Sunday, I'd rather give Arcuri a shot, if Nsekhe can't go.

I liked AJ Arcuri in training camp.Then during the preseason he looked lost.Bobby Evans is more of a Tackle than guard IMO,only because he uses his arms once he is beat to at least give the QB a chance.
O’day looked bad on one sack last week.Just a mess. B. Perkins is incredible at get out of the pocket & got sacked twice in a row at the end of the Saints game.

—AJ Arcuri needs to get NFL experience at some point though? Doesn’t he ?

That Tampa Bay game just about anybody could have done better than Bobby Evans at LG.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
@Allen2McVay Alaric Jackson did fine at guard and is 1 inch taller. The best guards in the NFL are 1-2 inches shorter, but I doubt a single inch is making that big of a difference. If the best of the best were all 6'2" and below I could maybe buy into the height theory.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Agree with you there but by upgrading the whole line doesn't mean I think they will. Ideally, I'd love it, but we need to improve it by signing the right additions and bumping out weak ones a la Evans. I'd ideally want to add a starter or 2 in FA and draft some depth. That be a good start in terms of trying to upgrade that whole room.

I could go on & on about just the need for 1 FA Offensive Lineman since 2017. Cutting Sullivan was HORRIBLE. Plus not signing a FA after him.

Andrew Whitworth has been it! How did that workout with he & Sullivan?
Yeah - Austin Corbett was a lucky move,but The Rams never replaced the RG spot.
—Austin Blythe was never the answer at Guard.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Lol they only signed 2 FA IOL the entire year and kept them on the bench while he started the majority of the season but whatevs man, agree to disagree at this point if you honestly think the team has done EVERYTHING they can to keep Evans off the field.
From my perspective, he wouldn't have been on the roster if Bruss didn't get hurt in preseason. So, that's the first point.
He was and is their last option that knows the offense. They've brought in street free agents and moved guys up from practice squad to play ahead of him.. and the only reason he keeps getting back on the field is that more people get hurt.

No, they haven't done EVERYTHING, if you think that just throwing out random street FA who does not know your offense is a better option. I'll agree with that.

But, outside of that scenario, they've done everything they can, imo.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I liked AJ Arcuri in training camp.Then during the preseason he looked lost.Bobby Evans is more of a Tackle than guard IMO,only because he uses his arms once he is beat to at least give the QB a chance.
O’day looked bad on one sack last week.Just a mess. B. Perkins is incredible at get out of the pocket & got sacked twice in a row at the end of the Saints game.

—AJ Arcuri needs to get NFL experience at some point though? Doesn’t he ?

That Tampa Bay game just about anybody could have done better than Bobby Evans at LG.
Quite Frankly, we know it's a mess and just when we seem to have something in Jackson & even Ty Nsekhe they both get hurt. I would go with Arcuri at LT over Evans because Evans sucks. Agree with Aboushi who seems to struggle with the bull rush.

Next year I concur with @El Chapo Jr the whole Offensive Line needs a major upgrade and the Rams better focus on a free agent or two along with draft capital and I don't care what they have to do in order to upgrade it.

Again, I would fire Kevin Carberry & Nick Jones, in Fact, I would hire Bill Callahan as Offensive Coordinator/OL Coach because he's one of the few OL Coaches I feel could fix this mess, but I doubt that happens.