Rams unable to get out of Boston in time to meet with Shanahan

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I respect your opinions on coaches because you know your stuff. By your logic that the Rams have advantages over the Broncos then Shanahan would be smart to wait a week or two.

I found this article about flights out of Atlanta being cancelled on Friday. I'm trying to find the Demoff and Co travel schedule as to when they went to Boston. Looks like they could have had trouble getting into Atlanta on Friday. I assume they flew out to Boston on Friday and would have done the same if they went to Atlanta first. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

I understand about the weather, however, every team that wanted to interview him did, with the exception of the Rams. All I am trying to post is when I travel for work or pleasure I always check out the weather regardless of if it's January or July.

No worries seems like the Rams will get their chance because @OldSchool posted pending a Dolphin loss, the Broncos will announce the hiring of Dolphin DC Vance Joseph.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I understand about the weather, however, every team that wanted to interview him did, with the exception of the Rams. All I am trying to post is when I travel for work or pleasure I always check out the weather regardless of if it's January or July.

No worries seems like the Rams will get their chance because @OldSchool posted pending a Dolphin loss, the Broncos will announce the hiring of Dolphin DC Vance Joseph.
My speculation, they liked him when they interviewed and hired Kubiak and the reports are Elway said he really liked Joseph. It's my positive thinking speculation. Also the bolded is speculation. We don't know if Jacksonville made it to interview him all we know is San Fran and Denver said they want to interview him.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Who schedules the interview times

Shanahan had like four different interviews that name

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would ask 2 questions. Don't they have there own plane? If so they should of flown out of Hanscom where most private jets fly out of. All the sports team fly from there. I live 5 miles from there. They got 3 inches of snow. Also they could of drove 1 hour north to Manchester NH where they got an inch of snow.

If you ask me they didn't try very hard to get to Atlanta.

I think the problems were likely on Atlanta's end. But they could have flown into a city that is close and then drove to Atlanta if they really wanted to get there.

tbux

Rookie
I seriously doubt that changes anything at all. If he is a smart guy- he will take every opp VERY seriously. I'm sure it will still happenpen

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Looks like a lot of freaking out about missing our opportunity for nothing, as usual.
Of course. It's not like Shanahan is going to pass up an opportunity to interview with a Franchise because said Franchise was snowed in one day. I seriously doubt he viewed that as a failure on the Rams' part, and it's not like he's interviewing us anyway. This isn't Vince Lombardi we're talking about here. He'll make himself available to us.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Of course. It's not like Shanahan is going to pass up an opportunity to interview with a Franchise because said Franchise was snowed in one day. I seriously doubt he viewed that as a failure on the Rams' part, and it's not like he's interviewing us anyway. This isn't Vince Lombardi we're talking about here. He'll make himself available to us.

We will see. I'm not so comfortable right now with the assumption that the missed window won't affect his candidacy. Also not gnashing my teeth about it, either, tbh, as I would move on provided one of those others had a strong interview. And I presume of those three very good candidates that they sat down with one or two killed it.

But then again I am not anti-Mc in this thing. Either of those two would be fine hires for this franchise, as both are strong young coaches with top offensive knowledge. Both will need patience and support by the organization, and I think whichever of those guys get that support will have the best chance to succeed. So I'd hire McVay now, personally, but if it's McDaniels I'm good with that too.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looks like a lot of freaking out about missing our opportunity for nothing, as usual.

View: https://twitter.com/LATimesklein/status/818308303218315266

Yeah, I know I'm guilty. Don't mind me while I grab my pitchfork and.....
homer.gif