Rams unable to get out of Boston in time to meet with Shanahan

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

…..

Legend
You guys are a bit over the top. The Rams flight gets cancelled for weather related reasons and we are to somehow hold them accountable for....what exactly?

Shit happens. It no big deal.
Good Grief.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
There is literally nothing to gain by meeting in person. .

I disagree with you there, but some things are hidden, their body language, eyes, handshake..etc, plus when you give them a tour of the facility there is so much to be learned from that. I will agree the initial interview via video conference is fine, but IMO, when finalizing your selection IMO, you need to be face to face unless it's an internal hire and your in New York and their in Los Angeles and you have interacted with them previously.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I disagree with you there, but some things are hidden, their body language, eyes, handshake..etc, plus when you give them a tour of the facility there is so much to be learned from that. I will agree the initial interview via video conference is fine, but IMO, when finalizing your selection IMO, you need to be face to face unless it's an internal hire and your in New York and their in Los Angeles and you have interacted with them previously.

100% agreement

I'd never hire someone without a face to face interview, let alone a position like this.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The Rams flight gets cancelled for weather related reasons and we are to somehow hold them accountable for....what exactly?

I think the only thing we can be critical of is the sequence of their travel plan.

Then again, as others have pointed out they also need to coordinate around the availability of the candidates. Something we know nothing about.

FRO

Legend
I think fans are upset that Shanahan wasn't the top priority. He may have been the Rams top priority, but the Rams may not be Shanahan's. I'm sure Shanahan is gunning for Denver. It is what it is.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think fans are upset that Shanahan wasn't the top priority. He may have been the Rams top priority, but the Rams may not be Shanahan's. I'm sure Shanahan is gunning for Denver. It is what it is.

Actually the Broncos top priority is Vance Joseph who they will be able to interview after today win or loss.

FRO

Legend
Actually the Broncos top priority is Vance Joseph who they will be able to interview after today win or loss.
That may be true, I was just saying Shanahan undoubtedly prioritized the Broncos job over the Rams.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Was trying to formulate how to say something like this, and waited for someone much wiser than me to do so. Thanks Den! Well said! Much more to the process than hearing someone's response to questions.

Ram65

Legend
https://www.all22.com/los-angeles-rams/rams-cant-interview-falcons-oc-kyle-shanahan-boston-snowstorm
Rams can’t interview Falcons OC Kyle Shanahan because of Boston snowstorm

STEPHEN KNOX
The Los Angeles Rams ran into a problem tonight that very few people in Los Angeles have probably ever experienced. They were scheduled to interview Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan this weekend but won’t be able to make there.

They can’t get out of Boston because of a snowstorm there, and have missed the window to interview playoff coaches on bye weeks, via CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora. The Rams now can’t interview Shanahan until the Falcons lose, or the Super Bowl bye week.

They were in Massachusetts to interview New England Patriots offenisive coordinator Josh McDaniels via La Canfora. The state is being ground to a halt by a snowstorm. It could be worse than the one in 2015 via WCVB. That dumped more than 2 feet of snow on Boston.

The Rams need to get their head coaching situation figured out so they start to get the team on the right track.

They play in Los Angeles now, and had better start winning if they don’t want to be forgotten. Especially if the San Diego Chargers do indeed move to Los Angeles, and start playing well.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We can route for the Hags to beat the Falcons next week.:puke:Then he will be free for interviews in a week. Conference Championship games are Jan 22. So Jan 23 would be the next interview window.

I'm thinking Shanahan is going to Denver. Lot's of speculation here. Rams could have made the New England interviews their priority. We don't know at this time.

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
A lot of raw speculation on this post. Unless someone on here is a member of the Rams' upper management, no one here knows who the primary target is for head coach. McDaniels, Patricia, Shanahan, McVay...all I know is that there will be a new HC next season and that in itself makes me happy. My personal preference? Patricia. He has spent a lot of time under "he whose name we do not speak". He knows line play on both sides of the ball and, obviously, he knows how to motivate his players. That's my opinion, but I could be wrong.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm thinking Shanahan is going to Denver. Lot's of speculation here. Rams could have made the New England interviews their priority. We don't know at this time.

I don't think the New England interviews were a priority although they did interview both coordinators, however, it's easier to fly from Boston to Atlanta and back to Los Angeles, but the Rams blew this IMHO, but I have posted about this enough.

Rams have advantages over the Broncos IMO, they can pay him more money, the Broncos ownership is in flux and John Elway can be a pain in the ass. Anyway, we shall see how this plays out and hopefully, the Rams will have an opportunity to interview and in the meantime maybe ESK & Demoff can add a meteorologist to the payroll.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Hmmmm.
No worries....the one time the Seahawks will be good for something. I expect them to blow the Falcons out at home next week.

rfa77

UDFA
Forget Shanahan. I've been in Denver since '87 and with the Mike Shanahan/John Elway connection and deep roots in Denver, Kyle is Elway's man. And, Elway gets what he wants.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You guys are a bit over the top. The Rams flight gets cancelled for weather related reasons and we are to somehow hold them accountable for....what exactly?

crap happens. It no big deal.
Good Grief.
Exactly, a lot of speculation and guessing going on here in an attempt to belittle Demoff and Kroenke and it's very funny. People getting upset because of what they believe are those two's priorities and they have no clue what those priorities actually are. Much ado about nothing but it's normal trash on the Rams even by Rams fans these days.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Agreed. If he was the top choice, this organization should be embarrassed by the poor planning. It's not like weather is unexpected.

Let's wait and see before we set them up as failures.....

I'm trying to give BOTD

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I would ask 2 questions. Don't they have there own plane? If so they should of flown out of Hanscom where most private jets fly out of. All the sports team fly from there. I live 5 miles from there. They got 3 inches of snow. Also they could of drove 1 hour north to Manchester NH where they got an inch of snow.

If you ask me they didn't try very hard to get to Atlanta.

jap

Legend
I would ask 2 questions. Don't they have there own plane? If so they should of flown out of Hanscom where most private jets fly out of. All the sports team fly from there. I live 5 miles from there. They got 3 inches of snow. Also they could of drove 1 hour north to Manchester NH where they got an inch of snow.

If you ask me they didn't try very hard to get to Atlanta.

OK, but where the clueless non-snowbirds in Atlanta prepared to handle planes coming in in adverse cold conditions? As someone who lived in Missouri for nine years, it's embarrassing seeing this city freak out over what would be considered mild cold conditions up north.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I thought "Rant" threads were held only for game day. :mrburnsevil:

Bruce2980

Starter
Funny thread.

IF...(blah blah blah), THEN Rams are stupid, stuck in the 19th century, unprepared, don't watch weather reports, still use flip phones, and are basically inept.

Gosh, one could infer an underlying agenda.
Exactly, it's not like we are dealing with a train wreck of an organization or anything like that. This franchise is a proven, well oiled, high performance machine, it's recent track record speaks for itself, oh wait, the record doesn't matter.