Rams UFA Re-signing Priority List (Top 10)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Humphries was on a more talented line?

More talented guards, less talented tackles, so might have been a bit of an overstatement.

I'd still take Allen over Humphrey for this season though. People consistently underestimate the mental side of playing on the OL and I would expect a serious drop off going from a player who has been groomed for three seasons versus a rookie

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
All I know is that whatever we think will happen, will be far from what actually happens.
Give up on trying to guess what's on Sneads mind.

The only thing I can guarantee is that there will be Christmas Gifts for everyone from Snead.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
More talented guards, less talented tackles, so might have been a bit of an overstatement.

I'd still take Allen over Humphrey for this season though. People consistently underestimate the mental side of playing on the OL and I would expect a serious drop off going from a player who has been groomed for three seasons versus a rookie

Experience versus talent, I'll go with talent and four years of control. Plus Humphries was PFFs highest graded rookie since they started grading players iirc. I know they aren't the end all be all in judging players but I think their overall consistency for Oline is pretty good.

If you want to argue that Humphries isn't a scheme fit then maybe your right. I think Snead misjudged him, its happened before. It will always be a thing with any GM. Its why I dont understand the pushback when someone doesnt like a draft pick right after the draft. No gm gets them all right. I bet in a do over he makes a different pick.

In the case of Atwell, McVay wanted his deep threat, or maybe Snead fell in love with his measurables. I'm not sure which but based on how he looked last season Tutu didn't convince anyone that they were wrong not to be excited with the pick.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
If Tutu excels next year, it’s going to be murder (as in the multitude of crows that will be eaten) on a lot of you here.

We all (Rams fans, that is) want that to happen, right?

dang

Legend
If Tutu excels next year, it’s going to be murder (as in the multitude of crows that will be eaten) on a lot of you here.

I’m holding out hope for Tutu. First he needs to see the field.

nighttrain

Legend
Atwell needst o be sent out long every play, will open underneath for Kupp and Woods, no to short crossing routes and punt returns, at least until he bulks up 15 lbs
train

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Atwell needst o be sent out long every play, will open underneath for Kupp and Woods, no to short crossing routes and punt returns, at least until he bulks up 15 lbs
train
@Loyal is inviting him to the Great Plains of Kansas for some Papa John's Pizza.
1646314948471.png

Tano

Legend

If he excels I won't be eating crow over that. I like his skill set.

I just don't believe he can last long in the NFL at his size.

If he lasts a full season, then I will eat crow.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Of course it's not just that Atwell didn't really play this year because he wasn't ready. It was the lost opportunity to solidify the Center position, which was a position of desperate need with rookie that not only excelled, but was one of the best Centers in the NFL. We would have had the kid on a rookie contract for several years, but instead, Allen, who is mediocre at best, is a FA and we are at the same spot...hoping Snead pulls a rabbit out of a hat with a guy already on the team. We need some push up the gut for our running game and Allen wasn't getting it done. But sure, I'd love for Atwell to become something decent.....

EGWZTqC.png

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Top takeaways from Les Snead's NFL Scouting Combine week press conference​

Mar 02, 2022 at 07:29 PM
Stu Jackson of the Los Angeles Rams headshot, Thursday, May 20, 2021, in Thousand Oaks, CA. (Jeff Lewis/LA Rams)

Stu Jackson

INDIANAPOLIS – Rams general manager Les Snead held a video conference with local and national media on Wednesday, discussing the team's approach to this year's NFL Scouting Combine, planning for free agency, and more.
Here are some of the top takeaways from that virtual conversation:

Free agency, player contract planning played a role in decision not to attend combine this year​

Snead and head coach Sean McVay both stayed back in Los Angeles instead of traveling to Indianapolis for this year's combine, a decision rooted in part with preparing for free agency and working on quarterback Matthew Stafford and defensive lineman Aaron Donald's contracts.

Getting Stafford extended is a priority, and Snead also said the team has been talking with Donald and his representatives about Donald's contract. There's also addressing players' contracts who will expire when the new league year begins on March 16 at 1 p.m. pacific time.

Snead said he and McVay have "sat together this week and put together an action plan and feel like we can execute it from here, maybe more efficiently than in Indy."

And that planning is taking shape​

Conversations with players scheduled to hit free agency and their representatives is an ongoing dialogue after the season ends, but now that Snead, McVay and Vice President of Football and Business Administration Tony Pastoors have had a chance to refresh and clear their heads, they have started to put together that free agency blueprint – beginning this past Monday.

"At that point, Sean will definitely reach out to the player, and often Tony and I will reach out to the agents and begin the dance of trying to come up with a win-win situation for both player and club, in our efforts to bring as many of this year's players back as possible," Snead said.

Rams still want to bring back WR Odell Beckham Jr.​

Beckham sustained a knee injury late in the first half of Super Bowl LVI that sidelined him for the remainder of the game and ultimately required surgery, which Beckham announced on Instagram last week was successful.

While Snead expects the injury to prevent Beckham from playing a full 2022 season, they still want him back.

"It's unfortunate Odell had an injury," Snead said. "What that does for us is, yes, we'd definitely like to have Odell be a part. Now you just know he might miss the first half of the season, or something like that. The negative of that is, that's a tough, unlucky break. The positive is that you may get someone with very fresh legs for the stretch run, similar to maybe how we did it this year."

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycA7Y8A2M4s

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1499118108367282183?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1499118108367282183%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Flarrybrownsports.com%2Ffootball%2Frams-gm-odell-beckham-return-injury%2F592693

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend
Allen was on a less talented OL that dominated the Bengals in pass pro.

Creed was on a more talented OL that allowed the Bengals three man rush to harass Mahomes.

I'll take Allen.
Well, we aren't going to get Creed.
So, that went the way it went.
Allen was good, certainly a step up from the last couple of years.
He is not yet great but may get there, who knows?
Comparing the lines as a whole in reviewing individual players doesn't make a lot of sense.
Robinson is a WR on a team who's passing game floundered and offense never got going.
The Bears offense sucks.....that doesn't mean Robinson is not a very good receiver.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Rams must keep OL intact for 2022

LA’s OL fell apart after their last Super Bowl appearance. They can’t allow that to happen this time around.
By JB Scott Mar 3, 2022,

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
OBj is expected back to play beginning of November per Ian Rap. PLEASE resign him