Rams trade Givens

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jap

Legend
I was referring to preseason this year, it looked like the only way we could get into the endzone is by a 60 yard bomb to Givens. And regular season comes, and we don't even put him on the field after he was our best WR in preseason.

You mean our 'best' WR against marginal players. That's different from showing up against starting defenders.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Coach O, why do they have Cook on the field when they need blocking from the TE? He is dynamic in the passing game, but obviously weak blocking. I know you can't pull him off on every running play but when he is a key blocker, whey not? Serious question really.

ram007

Starter
It appears fans are turning on one another on this board this week.

A Rams win today will settle down everything. Let's go.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
I was referring to preseason this year, it looked like the only way we could get into the endzone is by a 60 yard bomb to Givens. And regular season comes, and we don't even put him on the field after he was our best WR in preseason.
He was the best reciver in preseason? Well of course he was a vet playing against people who weren't even good enough to make it in the NFL.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Thank you.

Looks like CG is the new Isaiah Pead. All that 'talent'....wasted by this pee pee poor coaching staff.:rolleyes:
Not sure what talent you are speaking of. He can run. That's about the extent of his "talent". No heart. Not much of a work ethic. Only potential to be productive at all is good teams just line up and okay straight man to man. Which is very seldom.

The coaching staff had nothing to do with a one trick pony who appeared to be unwilling to do the things necessary to improve his overall game.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Coach O, why do they have Cook on the field when they need blocking from the TE? He is dynamic in the passing game, but obviously weak blocking. I know you can't pull him off on every running play but when he is a key blocker, whey not? Serious question really.
He rarely lines up as a TE. So to say they need him the be a "blocking TE" is contradictory to the position be plays. I get it. People don't like that he isn't a conventional physical TE. But IMO that has more to do with their expectations and perception of what they want him the be.

FrankenRam

Starter
Not sure what talent you are speaking of. He can run. That's about the extent of his "talent". No heart. Not much of a work ethic. Only potential to be productive at all is good teams just line up and okay straight man to man. Which is very seldom.

The coaching staff had nothing to do with a one trick pony who appeared to be unwilling to do the things necessary to improve his overall game.

I'm with you 100%. I was joking about the 'talent' (see the 'eyeroll' at the end of my comment) because so many here are now saying the same thing about him that I heard people say about IP...he has so much 'talent'.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
He rarely lines up as a TE. So to say they need him the be a "blocking TE" is contradictory to the position be plays. I get it. People don't like that he isn't a conventional physical TE. But IMO that has more to do with their expectations and perception of what they want him the be.
I don't think that it matters where they line him up or what they call him. Even WRs are supposed to block at times!