Rams trade Givens

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
(n)... (y)

I'm OK with this. He could really light it up somewhere else, though.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I'm not sure how to express this.
But the last week is kinda like the old Bob Seger song " Turn the page ".

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's honna get targets that's for sure.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

A 7th aye.

I guess it's better than a kick in the head.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
:eek:

Good move to get something in return as I suspect he was getting cut or certainly not to be re-signed after the season.

Big Game

Living The Dream
Good move by Ravens he will get plenty of targets. I still think Givens could have been used more in our offense

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Now let's promote Harkey and the message will be loud and clear....

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
His usual one big play a week will be missed. He was misused here 100%. Why we didn't unleash him over the top in the last two games when we needed him most baffles me still. I hope he leaves and does well elsewhere.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's amazing sometimes to watch this fan base .... (Not here, of course, you guys all rock - but in general)

"Cut Givens!!! Cut him!!!!

(The Rams have traded Chris Givens for a 7th rounder)

A 7th?? That's it!? That was Chris friggen Givens and all you got for him was a 7th?!?"

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-to-ravens-who-send-michael-campanaro-to-ir/

Rams ship Chris Givens to Ravens, who send Michael Campanaro to IR
Posted by Mike Florio on October 3, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptcxyjq5ntmzntg4mgixzdu2yzqwyzk1yjhkntmwmjy1-e1443880955740.jpeg
Getty Images

Receiver Breshad Perriman is dealing with a knee injury, receiver Steve Smith Sr. is recovering from a helmet to the back, and receiver Michael Campanaro has been shipped to injured reserve with a back injury. So the Ravens need help at receiver.

They’re getting it, thanks to the Rams.

The Rams have shipped Given to the Ravens. The Ravens have announced the trade, describing the compensation only as a conditional draft pick.

A fourth-round pick in 2012, Givens has only one catch for seven yards and one rushing attempt for 24 in 2015. His best year came as a rookie, with 42 catches for 698 yards and three scores.

Besides adding a body to a battered depth chart, Givens gives the Ravens something they sorely lack at the position: Speed. He ran a 4.35-second 40-yard dash at the scouting combine, which should help Joe Flacco and company stretch defenses on the other side of the mini-bye that comes after playing on a Thursday night.

Last week, the Rams tried out seven receivers, a sign that the team perhaps wasn’t thrilled with one or more of the options currently on the depth chart. With Brian Quick ready to make his 2015 debut after overcoming a shoulder injury, Givens was expendable.

Campanaro’s season ends after he scored Thursday night’s first touchdown after getting the ball from Flacco while going in motion behind him. Campanaro, who like Givens went to Wake Forest, had five catches for 35 yards in four games this season.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I honestly think it's a good thing. I feel like a team needs 3-4 go to receivers. The Rams try to implement too many players and it takes away from guys getting consistent. So Quick, Britt, Austin and Bailey are good guys to be able to get a chemistry with. Instead of trying to come up with a way to go deep to Givens once a game.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Now let's promote Harkey and the message will be loud and clear....
Promote Harkey to what? If you are trying to say he needs to replace Cook then you are misguided. They play different positions.

fearsomefour

Legend
A good move for both sides I think.
Givens was not the best all around WR on the Rams roster, in fact, he was buried behind a couple of guys. With Baltimore he will have a chance to play I think, which is great for him. Some of those long throws that used to go to T. Smith may head his way now. It will be interesting to see if they use him in a different way or if his game can evolve if he gets on the field more.
Good luck to him.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I thought that the Ravens didn't have a seventh this year?

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I expect some flash plays from him in Baltimore. He has the speed and Flacco has the arm to hit him deep.

I like it for both sides.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It may be a future 7th - I saw the word conditional tossed in there too - no idea what the condition is.

The Rams and Ravens play in November.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Promote Harkey to what? If you are trying to say he needs to replace Cook then you are misguided. They play different positions.

Because I can't see that?
And I didn't say Cook or Kendricks. Putting Harkey on the field more will reduce those guys snaps.
Promote wasn't the right term.

I think Harkey can be played in a more traditional TE role, in line.
I see Cook as a WR playing TE.
Harkey IMO is a TE playing FB/HB.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
WOW!! This comes as a surprise! Fisher said earlier that the team would be making some moves this week but I never expected this!
And ONLY a 7th round pick! That seems Dirt Cheap! I wonder which team approach which with the trade offer!
And We will be playing against Givens at Baltimore in week #11! I don't like that! JMHO