Rams trade for Sony Michel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Sony 1a
Henderson 1b
Funk takes some Malcomb Brown snaps
Jones reserve player

:pointup:Thats what I expect to shake out in the long run.
Yes, I mean the McVay code is pretty clear. With very few acceptations, if you were playing in the 3rd preseason game, you were playing for you Rams life. Funk wasn't playing a snap Jones needed to show more.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Makes for good watching too. Them boys were flyin around out there.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Ok so the important stuff. There are more jersey #'s available now. Sony Michel needs to ditch that #14 stuff. That's a skinny number for a RB.

#30 looks like it's available. #35, #37, #40.
Do it. Don't look skinny Sony.

oldnotdead

Legend
Michel is going to be the grinder/chain mover and Henderson will be swinging for the fence. Michel will be the 3rd down RB and short yardage RB. Funk will be returning KO and change of pace with enough speed to take it to the house if he has a chance. I love this trio and you simply can't underestimate Michel. He's a good RB with enough speed to get 15-20 if there is a missed tackle.

Do I see them adding a RB on the PS? Absolutely, but he needs to be a fit for this offense, i.e. speed and pass-catching hands. Xavier got bumped to #4 because of his lack of power and speed. If you are going to run 4.5 you need to run with power. Chubb runs a 4.52 but he runs with power. Michel timed at 4.54 but he's also going to break arm tackles and he's elusive as well.

The Rams are fine at RB IMO and grossly underestimated by the media. I wouldn't be surprised to see Michel break 1K yds this year.

dang

Legend
Michel is going to be the grinder/chain mover and Henderson will be swinging for the fence. Michel will be the 3rd down RB and short yardage RB. Funk will be returning KO and change of pace with enough speed to take it to the house if he has a chance. I love this trio and you simply can't underestimate Michel. He's a good RB with enough speed to get 15-20 if there is a missed tackle.

Do I see them adding a RB on the PS? Absolutely, but he needs to be a fit for this offense, i.e. speed and pass-catching hands. Xavier got bumped to #4 because of his lack of power and speed. If you are going to run 4.5 you need to run with power. Chubb runs a 4.52 but he runs with power. Michel timed at 4.54 but he's also going to break arm tackles and he's elusive as well.

The Rams are fine at RB IMO and grossly underestimated by the media. I wouldn't be surprised to see Michel break 1K yds this year.
Oldnotdead I Agree 100%. Michel will likely become RB1A to Henderson’s RB1B. In effect replacing Akers. Rams will need another RB for insurance for the 17 game season and any more injuries.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Oldnotdead I Agree 100%. Michel will likely become RB1A to Henderson’s RB1B. In effect replacing Akers. Rams will need another RB for insurance for the 17 game season and any more injuries.

This is what I think as well. Sony takes the Akers role, in time.

He’s a tough runner. He’s not going to run away from people, but his feet are choppy and he can be shifty.

In the video @Mojo Ram posted he gets positive yards on carries with early contact, particularly early in that video. So, if we need a yard… Sony can do those carries too.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is what I think as well. Sony takes the Akers role, in time.

He’s a tough runner. He’s not going to run away from people, but his feet are choppy and he can be shifty.

In the video @Mojo Ram posted he gets positive yards on carries with early contact, particularly early in that video. So, if we need a yard… Sony can do those carries too.
CGI gets Sony face tat.....

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Sony Michel will lead the Rams in rushing this year. McVay wanted Akers before Henderson and Michel is very similar to Akers in size and style.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Sony Michel will lead the Rams in rushing this year. McVay wanted Akers before Henderson and Michel is very similar to Akers in size and style.
That's certainly a possibility. But he also likes DH. And I'm thinking with a guy like Stafford chucking the rock, it might open up some run lanes for DH. He may end up leading the Rams in rushing after all, especially with his burst and speed. For me, it doesn't matter. Henderson, Michel, whomever. Just have a good run game.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
A bit bigger, imo a bit more powerful and (maybe) a bit less elusive. Anyway it's a really great deal to have Michel to step in for us. He will be the lead RB and get the job done.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
A bit bigger, imo a bit more powerful and (maybe) a bit less elusive. Anyway it's a really great deal to have Michel to step in for us. He will be the lead RB and get the job done.
Hard to tell,don’t know how your gathering your info?Sony is bigger than Henderson or both HENDO & Akers?
I totally see your point,but not sure how accurate.Funk should be just a addition & yeah Sony has to take some(most) of the short yardage carries late.HENDO will lead the RB’s in Receiptions imo.