Rams trade for Sony Michel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
There is SO MUCH material out there. So many on-line sources, and someone has to do the writing and commentary.

These are not well paying gigs. Sometimes the quantity of material generated is tied to the compensation.

And all that is fine but Who is doing the writing and commentary?

If it's someone who has two or three decades in football ... played a little in college ... coached a little ... maybe did some scouting. Doesn't have to be at the pro level. But such experience would probably require getting paid more. Heck, just someone who has followed the game for a long time would likely have a better take than someone who has a fraction of the years following the game.

It makes sense to see an article on Yahoo Sports and figure the author may know more football than the reader. But it may well not be true, especially when you look at the author's bio.

If the reader has a couple decades following the NFL and his team; and the article is written by a younger person, with no practical football experience (just a fan and aspiring writer) ... then there's a good chance the reader has much more knowledge about the game in general, and his team in particular.
With so much free content, the reader is the product, not the material.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I am a supporter of the little people. Have in fact been known to drop in at the Hobbit House Bar when I get shitty in Manila...

View attachment 47559
Good photo!

Those little guys have such a better angle view than I would have to be over 6-4. I was never a breast man like let's say like Stu ( @RamFan503 ) where my extra height always gave a superior point of view for such observations & sights but far more attracted to the lower end where the little guy was looking. I have spent a lifetime of being seriously obstructed.

Didn't know I was cursed & never really thought much about this.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Those little guys have such a better angle view than I would have to be over 6-4.
Being tall would be worth it I think. That's one of the reasons I like Asia so much... Even though I'm only 5' 10" I feel tall there. :laugh2:

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
I have a condition that use to make me pass out. On special occasions it still does.:zany1:

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
He is good but he will probably miss 8 games. Either Michel or Henderson will be out for the season at some point and unavailable for the playoffs. Would be shocked if both are.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Not sure if this has been linked yet. All his runs from last year:

View: https://youtu.be/zBw9CLOzF3g

Powerful runner. "Ooomph" for sure. North south. Downhill. Looks like he'd wear down the D after a while.

Doesn't look like he'd have the top-end speed to be a home run hitter. Consistently solid runs though, and almost never seems to get stuffed for zero or negative yards. Fights and claws his way for extra gains after contact.

Love this signing. Stafford doesn't have to do it all on his own.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
He is good but he will probably miss 8 games. Either Michel or Henderson will be out for the season at some point and unavailable for the playoffs. Would be shocked if both are.
Are you really a Rams fan? Jared??Eeyore???

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I can understand Turbo’s concern up to a point; and I have some concerns of my own about durability of the Rams’ RBs. That’s one reason I am glad they have Henderson AND Michel, with the two young guys in reserve.

It’s also good to know that Michel has missed a total of 10 games in three seasons. That’s an average of three games per year. Henderson has missed 4 games in his two seasons. That’s an average of two games per year.

Not great but also not horrible. More Gribble.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
debbie downer GIF