Rams trade for Sony Michel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
I can understand Turbo’s concern up to a point; and I have some concerns of my own about durability of the Rams’ RBs. That’s one reason I am glad they have Henderson AND Michel, with the two young guys in reserve.

It’s also good to know that Michel has missed a total of 10 games in three seasons. That’s an average of three games per year. Henderson has missed 4 games in his two seasons. That’s an average of two games per year.

Not great but also not horrible. More Gribble.

I probably am a bit too pessimistic.

At the same time my prediction is probably more closer to reality than everyone else's beliefs. More likely they each will miss 8 games and be ready for playoffs which is just fine.

It is not on record but I was thinking Akers this season would miss at least 8 games and be ready for playoffs. Apparently that was too optimistic.

I think Jones and Funk have talent but not sure how they can stay on the field.

jap

Legend
With medical advancements you never know. I ruptured my left Achilles in my twenties and my right Achilles in my fifties and it was amazing how much better my right one was compared to my left one. So with Akers hopefully there is new treatments and procedures that will make it so Akers is as good as new. Hope
or even better!

oldnotdead

Legend
Personally, I see a 3-way rotation at RB with Henderson, Michel, and Funk. I think Jone's heavy snap count in this last game really supports what I've heard that he's behind Funk in the rotation. The bottom line I think is that a 3 man rotation increases the longevity of all three. Henderson and Funk are HR hitters with their speed. Michel is fast but doesn't have breakaway speed. It's why IMO he fell out of favor in NE. Michel is a grinder more reminiscent of a faster version of Malcolm Brown. Sony is a chain mover, not a homerun hitter. It's why I see him paired with that homerun hitter, he's the setup man if you will. Get them past the 50 then turn the speed RBs loose.

I think Funk has what it takes to eventually replace Henderson. I think Michel has pushed Jones to the PS. With the PS activation ability in place since last year, it's like a quasi-extension of the active roster. The #4 RB never plays and Jones should clear waivers as Perkins most certainly will not. This will allow them to carry 3 QBs.

There is no question that the Rams have upgraded the team at RB and they now have a solid short-yardage RB and 3rd down back as well.

oldnotdead

Legend
I look at trading for Michel as the same as trading for Corbett. That worked out very well and I anticipate the same for this trade.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Sony 1a
Henderson 1b
Funk takes some Malcomb Brown snaps
Jones reserve player

:pointup:Thats what I expect to shake out in the long run.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Sony 1a
Henderson 1b
Funk takes some Malcomb Brown snaps
Jones reserve player

:pointup:Thats what I expect to shake out in the long run.

Funk being a special teams guy.
HENDO is going to flash as he always does & ready to take on a bigger role.
Sony is yet another Great Rams/Kes Snead pick up.

I go back to all The #1 SEC Top 1st rd picks he has found. Austin Corbett being a SJS / West Coast 2nd rd guy.

Can’t say Floyd ?
Mark Barron
Dante Fowler
Sony

then Sammy/Cooks. Nice to see DJ1

dang

Legend
With the 17 game schedule, Hendo’s injury history and lack of experience for Jones/Funk keeping less than 4 seems risky. I think the smart move is to keep 4 on the roster for final cuts then see if any targeted RBs shake loose in final cuts that would push Jones or Funk to the PS.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
With the 17 game schedule, Hendo’s injury history and lack of experience for Jones/Funk keeping less than 4 seems risky. I think the smart move is to keep 4 on the roster for final cuts then see if any targeted RBs shake loose in final cuts that would push Jones or Funk to the PS.
I think Jones is JAG.
You'll end up with an RB or two on your PS no matter what, and the difference in quality, imo, won't be great.
I'd rather make sure I had the roster spot for a guy who really has upside or who plays a position where he's more likely to get on the field because there are multiple playing at the same time (DL, LB, DB, etc...)

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He is good but he will probably miss 8 games. Either Michel or Henderson will be out for the season at some point and unavailable for the playoffs. Would be shocked if both are.
Sony's missed 7 games in 3 seasons due to injury, but he's gonna miss 8 this year?
Dafuq kind of math you learn?
4 games last year due to injury, 3 to covid

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
I hope Michel comes in like a boss and gets us a 2nd or 3rd in return. Maybe a damn OL.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
I mean, I assume we are all in on Akers for next year.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I hope Akers will be able to come back but man Achilles injuries are death to RBs
Not sure I recall a high profile guy tearing it. I know Mack is coming back from it this year.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This thread confuses @Loyal , he keeps singing ”I’ve got you babe“ by Sony & Michel ~ Hollywood Hag

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure I recall a high profile guy tearing it. I know Mack is coming back from it this year.
Yeah, the "history" of it being death to RB's only proves that it was death to RB's who werent going to make it in the first place or who's career was already past it's expiration date
If Kevin Durant can come back in NBA the way he has, no reason an NFL RB cant do the same

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Yeah, the "history" of it being death to RB's only proves that it was death to RB's who werent going to make it in the first place or who's career was already past it's expiration date
If Kevin Durant can come back in NBA the way he has, no reason an NFL RB cant do the same
Kobe did it too.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kobe and Adrian Peterson.