Rams to let Britt and Tru walk in free agency?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
He's good but are u willing to pay him what Jenkins is getting?
You got to keep him. If you have to overpay so be it. He isn't a burner, but 6'2" CBs like Johnson are pretty rare. He's a very good CB, a number 1 guy. In 2015 the Rams had 2 number 1 type CBs that complimented each other very well. Foolishly they let one walk in free agency.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You got to keep him. If you have to overpay so be it. He isn't a burner, but 6'2" CBs like Johnson are pretty rare. He's a very good CB, a number 1 guy. In 2015 the Rams had 2 number 1 type CBs that complimented each other very well. Foolishly they let one walk in free agency.

You don't overpay for good players. You overpay for elite players (and QBs). Tru is not one.

If Tru doesn't have reasonable demands, you move on. It's that simple. He's replaceable.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
You don't overpay for good players. You overpay for elite players (and QBs). Tru is not one.

If Tru doesn't have reasonable demands, you move on. It's that simple. He's replaceable.

Agree. And I'd add that 2017 looks like an exceptionally crowded field for quality CB's in the upcoming draft. Early yet to know whether several of the better potential free agent CB's will be re-signed by their current teams, but as of now, there could be even more added talent to the overall available CB pool. Looks like a buyers market which may just hurt Tru's demand for top dollar. jmo.

FRO

Legend

And we said thing about Jenkins and how did that work out? Got to keep good players. If you have to overpay a little, then so be it. Yes there is a tipping point, but you can't be so tight with the cap money to where you don't field a good team. Most of this board were thankful the Rams didn't give Jenkins what the Giants did. Tru is going to want big money. He deserves it. CBs with his size and ability are rare. It's a passing league. Don't let quality CBs walk.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Tru is our best defensive player not named Donald. Not sure why we'd be quick to jettison him. We already let a number 1 CB leave via free agency and watched him flourish are we going to do that again?

Britt, eh whatever. I have faith McVay knows what Britt is and isn't. And if it doesn't fit what he wants to do he won't be back.

These were the thoughts rolling around in my head.

I'd hate to have another hole to fill losing Trumaine. That feels like a BIG hole. But, I am in agreement with others; there is a ceiling I'd pay Trumaine and it worries me the market will pull him away.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And we said thing about Jenkins and how did that work out? Got to keep good players. If you have to overpay a little, then so be it. Yes there is a tipping point, but you can't be so tight with the cap money to where you don't field a good team. Most of this board were thankful the Rams didn't give Jenkins what the Giants did. Tru is going to want big money. He deserves it. CBs with his size and ability are rare. It's a passing league. Don't let quality CBs walk.

It worked out just fine. The defense held up just fine until this team quit despite all of the injuries and depth issues.

It's the offense that was dreadful. And we put terrible effort into replacing Janoris (Coty Sensabaugh, anyone?).

Psycho_X

Legend
These were the thoughts rolling around in my head.

I'd hate to have another hole to fill losing Trumaine. That feels like a BIG hole. But, I am in agreement with others; there is a ceiling I'd pay Trumaine and it worries me the market will pull him away.

I mean I agree with you, there is a ceiling for everybody. Even Aaron Donald has a pay ceiling that I wouldn't go over. But the market is what it is. And Tru is a great cb. They will have to pay for him if they want him. As much as I love over paying for the likes of players like Tavon, Jared Cook, Cody Sensebaugh, etc it would be wonderful if we at least over paid for the players that are actually good.

Course, Wade Phillips will have a big say in whether we retain him I'm sure. If Tru demands crazy money and there are cheaper options out there that he thinks we can get and be as effective in his schemes than by all means lets do that. But given the Rams track record I'm not exactly confident in their ability to bring in free agents to replace young talent they developed themselves. I'm just sick of taking a step back every time we take a step forward with the talent on this team.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
They can keep one, just franchise the choice they want and be done with it. The other can walk or pay him so much he won't leave.
It might not be the Rams wanting them gone but the players themselves wishing to move on. Agents and FO's have a constant dialogue, Tru and KB's demands may be outlier from what the Rams value them that a deal isn't likely to happen so the Rams move on.
It's business.