Rams to let Britt and Tru walk in free agency?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm fine with that. I'm good with us bringing back Tru. But I'm also good with letting him go, as long as we address the CB position in FA. There will be options out there.
I'm great with this Tru will cost more then he's worth

lockdnram21

Legend
How could he hear this for a while Rams just found their new coach a few days ago. Snead is still here he drafted Tru and Wade's scheme is heavily reliant on corners not going to be happy seeing the teams best and one of the best available let go.
Tru is highly overrated and will cost more then he's worth

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would replace Britt and Quick with Garcon and Wheaton and Tru with Claiborne or An bouye

I don't trust Claiborne. He can't stay healthy and has struggled for much of his career. He'd have to be willing to sign a cheap deal. I'd rather have Brandon Carr.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I would replace Britt and Quick with Garcon and Wheaton and Tru with Claiborne or An bouye

Tru has value but he'd probably command more than he's worth. Britt has value too, but not as a number one. You could replace Quick with one of the kids on my grandson's peewee league team. And they're a running team.

lockdnram21

Legend
I don't trust Claiborne. He can't stay healthy and has struggled for much of his career. He'd have to be willing to sign a cheap deal. I'd rather have Brandon Carr.
Mo would be a cheap deal. If he can stay healthy with rams(big if) he would be better then Tru and Carr maybe eve better then jenkins

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler

Replace Tru with someone who is even more injury prone than he is or pay AJ similar money after only 1 year as a starter. I am not too hot on that idea. The only guy out there who is going to give you equal value is maybe Logan Ryan

Tru is highly overrated and will cost more then he's worth

I only have stats for Tru's last 8 games, but he only gave up more than 50 yards once (53 yds), gave up zero TDs and all the while for the most part the rams were getting torched. The highest reception total he gave up was 5 in a game, but that was for only for 33 yards. He held opposing receivers under 20 yards in four out of the last 8 games. The fact he held up in coverage under those circumstances is incredible. You cant find me an available FA or a rookie in the 2nd round or later who can do that. I know your JJ love blinds you some times, but Tru was one of the best even when our D was getting torched and while the Rams had no pass rush after Quinn went down.

Last edited:

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Gotta keep Tru. Phillips likes physical corners, no?

Brit can go, and take Quick with him. Maybe they won't flip the gokart on their way out.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Now lets look at AJ Bouye the last 10 games playing on the leagues number defense with two legitimate pass rushers healthy all year in Mercilus and Clowney. Bouye gave up over 50 yards twice for 7 catches 57 yards and a touchdown and another performance where he got torched for 8 catches 118 and touchdown. However, He did a good job holding defenders under 50 in the last 8 games. He had a pretty good season as well, but he did it with a much better supporting cast and its his first year of high level play.

Bouye is good, but Tru has done it for longer and he is bigger. Bouye doesn't have that fear factor where opposing QBs don't target him like Tru has. Even in down year Tru played at high level and he also has 2015 where he was a top 5 CB lowest QB rating when targeted. Tru has multiple good seasons under his belt. Replacing him with Bouye who will cost just as much or a rookie makes no sense to me especially with our RCB spot being an absolute mess.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mo would be a cheap deal. If he can stay healthy with rams(big if) he would be better then Tru and Carr maybe eve better then jenkins

Let's hold our horses a bit. But if he's willing to sign cheap, I'm okay with it. We'll just need depth behind him.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Me to but I would rather have Claiborne then Tru

THAT I don't agree with. I think Tru is a better CB than Claiborne for sure. Maybe Claiborne is a better value but at the same price? Much rather have Tru.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Now lets look at AJ Bouye the last 10 games playing on the leagues number defense with two legitimate pass rushers healthy all year in Mercilus and Clowney. Bouye gave up over 50 yards twice for 7 catches 57 yards and a touchdown and another performance where he got torched for 8 catches 118 and touchdown. However, He did a good job holding defenders under 50 in the last 8 games. He had a pretty good season as well, but he did it with a much better supporting cast and its his first year of high level play.

Bouye is good, but Tru has done it for longer and he is bigger. Bouye doesn't have that fear factor where opposing QBs don't target him like Tru has. Even in down year Tru played at high level and he also has 2015 where he was a top 5 CB lowest QB rating when targeted. Tru has multiple good seasons under his belt. Replacing him with Bouye who will cost just as much or a rookie makes no sense to me especially with our RCB spot being an absolute mess.

It comes down to how much each costs. At an equal price, I'm taking Johnson because we know where he fits on this team.

But I'm not tied to Trumaine. If we can get, for example, Johnathan Joseph and Brandon Carr for the same price as Trumaine, I say do it. Then we should draft some CBs to develop behind those guys since both are up there in age.

FRO

Legend
I guess I'm the only one with a problem with letting Tru go. The guy is about to peak and is a pretty good CB. Can't let good young talent walk. With Britt I see more leeway, but the guy put up an 1,000 yard season with well below average QB play. He isn't a star, but he shouldn't be so easily dismissed either.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
It comes down to how much each costs. At an equal price, I'm taking Johnson because we know where he fits on this team.

But I'm not tied to Trumaine. If we can get, for example, Johnathan Joseph and Brandon Carr for the same price as Trumaine, I say do it. Then we should draft some CBs to develop behind those guys since both are up there in age.

With all the Hype Bouye is getting he is going to be a hot commodity and make the same if not more than Tru.

Joseph and Carr will bee 33 and 31 respectively when the season starts. Both are mediocre to below average at this stage in their careers. I dont want to draft and develop yet another player so he can be an all pro somewhere else. IF Tru didn't play such a valuable position like CB ok maybe it might make sense to move on. However I dont want to replace him with some stop gaps who's play could easily fall off a cliff and hope you hit on some mid round corners. That is real a risky to me especially with how bad our other corners were. We aren't in the same position as the Panthers last year when they let Josh Norman go. They had fewer holes on their roster so they could invest heavily in corners in the draft. The rams have holes everywhere. IMO we should lock Tru up and draft some competition for EJ.