Rams to interview Jeff Garcia for QB coach job.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
God, I #@%! wish! Garcia was way accurate with the ball, s'what made him a great WCO QB. Davis is not anywhere near as accurate... and probably won't ever be. Garcia was great at going through his reads before taking off running, he might not have gotten to all his reads but he'd at least get through the 1st 2-3 and when he did get mobile he kept his head up to see if there was a pass. Really, the only think Garcia was missing as a QB was height and arm strength. But look at what he was able to do without those!
I don't remember him being terribly accurate. Not saying you are wrong. It's just not how I remember his play. I remember his play being more about being gritty and a good decision maker. IMO - the decision making can be taught. But I think Davis has the toughness part. Of course I am a complete amateur in evaluating talent. I just go by what I see or think I see.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
I would be very happy with this hire.......;)

Go Rams............. ;)

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
NICE. I would like that move. Garcia was good. much better than he gets credit for and knew how to play to his strengths cus he wasn't born with freak athletics and he was smart. IMO that would be big for Sam mentally

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Good QB, below average arm. I'm sure he knows enough about playing to teach our guys something at least.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I don't remember him being terribly accurate. Not saying you are wrong. It's just not how I remember his play. I remember his play being more about being gritty and a good decision maker. IMO - the decision making can be taught. But I think Davis has the toughness part. Of course I am a complete amateur in evaluating talent. I just go by what I see or think I see.

Hate to keep harping on this , but judging from your avatar, I'd say you're a great judge of talent. :banana:

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
As a thirty year Harley rider, I've see a million tits...
Just sumpin' 'bout that pic ...

Memphis Ram

Legend
http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...garcia-eagles-quarterback-coach-bill-musgrave

The Philadelphia Eagles are in need of a new quarterbacks coach for the second straight season of the Chip Kelly era now that Bill Musgrave has been hired as the offensive coordinator of the Oakland Raiders. There aren't any obvious natural in-house replacements, so the Eagles will probably have to look for an external hire.

It just so happens that a former Eagles player is interested in the job. In an interview on 97.5 The Fanatic's Jon and Sean Show, former Eagles quarterback Jeff Garcia wants to throw his name in the mix for the job. Via @BrianSeltzer975:

"Jeff Garcia on @JonandSeanShow on becoming QB coach: 'Whether it's Philadelphia, OAK, SF, I'm putting my name out there. This is my passion. Jeff Garcia also said his agent reached out to Eagles to explore possibility of joining Chip Kelly's coaching staff once Bill Musgrave left."

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...terview-for-rams-quarterbacks-coach-position/

Jeff Garcia to interview for Rams quarterbacks coach position
Posted by Mike Florio on February 11, 2015

garcia.jpg
Getty Images

Since retiring from football in his 40s, former CFL, NFL, and UFL quarterback Jeff Garcia has tried plenty of things, from working in the media to working as an agent to working as a private tutor for quarterbacks to becoming a consultant for the Montreal Alouettes to becoming their quarterbacks coach during the 2014 season. Garcia will now give coaching in the NFL formal attempt.

According to Chris Mortensen of ESPN, Garcia will interview for the quarterbacks coach position with the Rams. The vacancy has arisen due to the expected promotion of Frank Cignetti to the position of offensive coordinator.

Garcia, who threw for more than 43,000 yards in 17 seasons as a pro quarterback, drew positive reviews for his work with Montreal. As a player, Garcia’s biggest NFL success came with the 49ers. Garcia also played for the Browns, Lions, Eagles (twice), and Buccaneers.

The Rams seem to be preparing for an open competition at the quarterback position, with injured starter Sam Bradford getting a chance at reclaiming the job after his second ACL tear in two seasons. First, he’ll have to restructure a contract that pays him nearly $13 million in 2015.

If Garcia gets the job, he may want to hang onto the Southern California estate he reportedly was trying to sell last year for $7.75 million. If the Rams move back to L.A., Garcia can move back in to the mansion.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm good with this. Garcia was underrated and kicked around too much as a Pro.

WestCoastRam

Legend
JT's making noise on twitter that Garcia worked with both Sanchez and Shane Carden - Shane Carden was the QB the Rams talked to at Senior Bowl (who you have to see throw the ball, has the worst mechanics below the waist I've ever seen).

RamBill

Legend
Jeff Garcia to interview for Rams QB coach job Thursday
• By Jim Thomas

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_1aadc907-6925-547e-a882-86e0dd9325d3.html

Jeff Garcia, a four-time Pro Bowl quarterback during an NFL career that began in 1999 with San Francisco and ended in 2011 with Houston, will interview Thursday for the Rams' quarterbacks coach job.

Garcia coached quarterbacks last season for the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League. Since retiring from the game after the '11 season, Garcia also has been a mentor and trainer for high school, college, and NFL quarterbacks at Jeff Garcia Football in San Diego.

In recent months, Garcia has let it be known that he was interested in working in the NFL, even lobbying for the Eagles' quarterbacks coach job on Philadelphia radio last month.

Garcia, who turns 45 on Feb. 24, played in 125 NFL regular-season games over his career with 116 starts with Cleveland, Detroit, and Tampa Bay as well as the stints with the 49ers and Texans. Known as a fierce competitor, Garcia played in postseason games with Philadelphia, San Francisco, and Tampa Bay.

Prior to the NFL, he was a four-time CFL all-star and was named MVP of the Grey Cup in 1998 with the Calgary Stampeders. In 2010, as his career was winding down, he even played for the Omaha Nighthawks of the short-lived United Football League.

If hired, Garcia would take over the QB coach job held by Frank Cignetti the past three season. Cignetti is being promoted to offensive coordinator in a move that is expected to be officially announced by the team at the end of the week.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I will say this... I am glad the Rams are interviewing someone. I thought one of the Rams' most transparent mistakes in recent memory was not having a QB coach in 2011.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
That would be a great hire. When getting a QB coach, do you want the uber-talented guy who made plays on arm talent alone, or the moderately skilled guy who perfected techniques and game plans to squeeze four Pro Bowls out of an acceptable but not great arm?

BadCompany

Rookie
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Garcia#Post-playing_career

"Jeff Garcia joined the advisory board of the revival of the United States Football League (USFL) in May 2012. In August 2014 Garcia was hired as an offensive consultant by the Montreal Alouettes of the CFL. Just days later he was named the Alouettes' quarterbacks coach. Garcia has shown interest in developing the skills and mechanics in other quarterbacks, as he has worked with Matt McGloin, Mark Sanchez, and Tyrod Taylor. Garcia has also expressed his interest into developing Colin Kaepernick's mechanics and skills as well."

Replacing what I wrote with an article that says it much better.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/f...s-played-key-role-in-turning-alouettes-around

QB coach Jeff Garcia has played key role in turning Alouettes around
HERB ZURKOWSKY, MONTREAL GAZETTEMore from Herb Zurkowsky, Montreal Gazette
Published on: November 7, 2014Last Updated: November 7, 2014 6:24 PM EST

Last Sunday morning, while most of Montreal was still fast asleep, Jeff Garcia invited the Alouettes’ quarterbacks to his downtown suites hotel for breakfast. He prepared a yogurt fruit granola parfait to start. He scrambled some eggs, mixed with chicken and cheese. There was juice, toast and coffee.
Yes, Garcia can hold his own in the kitchen — of course he can. There has been virtually nothing in his life, or career, he hasn’t been able to overcome. Instead, the purpose of this exercise, some 4 1/2 hours before the Als entertained Toronto, was for the entertainment that accompanied the meal; the subliminal message Garcia was about to instill on these impressionable pivots.

Read the rest at the link below, which also has videos.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/f...s-played-key-role-in-turning-alouettes-around