Rams to interview Jeff Garcia for QB coach job.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'd be good with this. IMO Garcia might have been the biggest overachieving QB I can remember next to Pat Haden.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Jeff Garcia has been working with QBs for years, helping them grow. I'd love this, he's already been a QB coach basically for some time.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams don't run the west coast offense. They have concepts they borrow from other offenses, but it's a Coryell-based offense.
Really what's the difference when you are talking about preparing and teaching a qb it's all about footwork timing, anticipation reading defenses things Jeff as a former nfl qb can certainly teach with first hand knowledge

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
If the Rams are willing to raise the Ginger Ceiling to three then yeah bring him aboard. (y)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like this move. Always felt like Garcia got everything and more out of skill-set he had...kind of like Chad Pennington did. If Pennington wasn't so bland, I think he'd make an amazing coach.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Really what's the difference when you are talking about preparing and teaching a qb it's all about footwork timing, anticipation reading defenses things Jeff as a former nfl qb can certainly teach with first hand knowledge
Nothing, really, but I was just clarifying that Rams don't run offense he knows . . . it was posted that he knows WCO inside and out, and that's true, but QB play is similar. In WCO, though, they teach to put ball on WR, whereas in Coryell the general ruse is to throw to spots, but there is so much crossover anyway that general rules are broken all the time. I have no objection to Garica being QB coach at all.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Agree with everyone who said that Garcia got the most out of a limited skill set. I like the the hire if it happens. I'd actually like to see him spend some time with Davis if Davis sticks around.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
crap... that freaking Garcia could run back in the day. LOL I bet he's still got some wheels.

CherryGarciaLOGO.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2015-2-11_19-52-57.jpeg
    upload_2015-2-11_19-52-57.jpeg
    12.6 KB · Views: 137

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Agree with everyone who said that Garcia got the most out of a limited skill set. I like the the hire if it happens. I'd actually like to see him spend some time with Davis if Davis sticks around.
Aren't they about the same guy?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Garcia#Post-playing_career

"Jeff Garcia joined the advisory board of the revival of the United States Football League (USFL) in May 2012. In August 2014 Garcia was hired as an offensive consultant by the Montreal Alouettes of the CFL. Just days later he was named the Alouettes' quarterbacks coach. Garcia has shown interest in developing the skills and mechanics in other quarterbacks, as he has worked with Matt McGloin, Mark Sanchez, and Tyrod Taylor. Garcia has also expressed his interest into developing Colin Kaepernick's mechanics and skills as well."

WestCoastRam

Legend
Aren't they about the same guy?

God, I #@%! wish! Garcia was way accurate with the ball, s'what made him a great WCO QB. Davis is not anywhere near as accurate... and probably won't ever be. Garcia was great at going through his reads before taking off running, he might not have gotten to all his reads but he'd at least get through the 1st 2-3 and when he did get mobile he kept his head up to see if there was a pass. Really, the only think Garcia was missing as a QB was height and arm strength. But look at what he was able to do without those!