Rams to interview Jeff Garcia for QB coach job.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BKBISTRO

UDFA
Five years ago or so, I met Garcia when I was at a 24 hour fitness in the San Diego area. He was working out way more intensely than anyone I have ever seen at that gym. Would not rest between sets - would just go to another muscle group immediately after finishing a set. I went up to him eventually and asked if he was Jeff Garcia and he said he was. Seemed like a pretty nice guy. He remembered me and acknowledged me when I saw him again about two weeks later. It's possible that he still lives there, so with the Rams possibly moving to LA it wouldn't be a bad fit location-wise.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
[
He remembered me and acknowledged me when I saw him again about two weeks later. It's possible that he still lives there, so with the Rams possibly moving to LA it wouldn't be a bad fit location-wise.

Great story thanks for sharing this hire would actually pump me up whereas the internal hire although I'm fine with did not stimulate the follicles of my nose hairs. Garcia could be just what the doctor ordered and the fact that he is a gym rat could only benefit the players that he coached because he'll be leading by example.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think he would be terrific and I cant see any downside to him being here. Heck he's probably a better candidate of OC or QB. Lol
Sadly, this will be one more kick in the nuts when he goes elsewhere....

fearsomefour

Legend
Five years ago or so, I met Garcia when I was at a 24 hour fitness in the San Diego area. He was working out way more intensely than anyone I have ever seen at that gym. Would not rest between sets - would just go to another muscle group immediately after finishing a set. I went up to him eventually and asked if he was Jeff Garcia and he said he was. Seemed like a pretty nice guy. He remembered me and acknowledged me when I saw him again about two weeks later. It's possible that he still lives there, so with the Rams possibly moving to LA it wouldn't be a bad fit location-wise.
Heck, he is still working out....
If we get down to a number three QB again next year Garcia can go old school and be the player/coach (blue font).

paceram

Pro Bowler
Any idea on when the Rams will be interviewing him? He sounds like he would be a great hire!

paceram

Pro Bowler
I think they said it was supposed to be yesterday or today?

Thanks! I hope the Rams can get him to agree to a contract before he leaves town (It sounds like he might be getting a lot of interest from other teams!)

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I don't know what's more depressing, that the Rams are interested or that there's so many positive comments about it.

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
Hey thanks for that story; to me if a guy worksout like that, that's the kind of passion/fire that he'll bring to coaching. I think he would be a great hire, especially with his having played the position at the nfl level and the success he had; seems like the kind of guy we'll need to work with our developmental qb and work with Sam as well. Just awaiting word that Fisher has gotten this done.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I don't know what's more depressing, that the Rams are interested or that there's so many positive comments about it.

Why is that depressing? Please extrapolate sir as to why in either case? It's the off season next month most of us will be getting excited about a back up center so a QB Coach is like California Dreamin on a Winter's Day!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

I actually hope he's the hire. His knowledge of the WCO and passing game is extensive. On the coaching/teaching side the dude seems to have his stuff together as even without team affiliation players go to him to be coached. If it's him, I'm gonna be impressed, personally.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I actually hope he's the hire. His knowledge of the WCO and passing game is extensive. On the coaching/teaching side the dude seems to have his stuff together as even without team affiliation players go to him to be coached. If it's him, I'm gonna be impressed, personally.
I don't care about his WCO experience that much, but he is pretty smart and knows what it takes to play the position well.
Funny that nobody had a problem with Cignetti, who I'm not even sure even played QB before in his life.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Funny that nobody had a problem with Cignetti, who I'm not even sure even played QB before in his life.

I'll go on record that I certainly have reservations.
The whole OC seach and how it ended kinda "deflated" :) me.

Hopefully, he exceeds expectations too!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'll go on record that I certainly have reservations.
The whole OC seach and how it ended kinda "deflated" :) me.

Hopefully, he exceeds expectations too!
No, I meant nobody had a problem with him being QB Coach.
Now that a former QB could end up being ours, suddenly there are standards. lol.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No, I meant nobody had a problem with him being QB Coach.
Now that a former QB could end up being ours, suddenly there are standards. lol.
Oh, I see.

Well, I guess I'm now on the record as having reservations about Cignetti as OC.

No turning back now! :)