Rams to interview Jeff Garcia for QB coach job.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's probably be an upgrade over who the previous QB coach was for the Rams. :)

Kidding aside, regardless of who they hire, I am a strong proponent of having a QB coach - especially when your OC is a first timer at that job. I'd worry about heaping too much on Cignetti.

Remember when the Rams had Dick Curl? I loved it that the guy was attached at the hip with Bradford.
Remember when McDaniels came in and it was decided he could do both jobs (and he was experienced at all levels of coaching)?

Garcia... whoever... I hope the Rams definitely fill the vacancy opened up by Cignetti's promotion.

fearsomefour

Legend
I always enjoyed Garcia as a player. Got a lot of miles out of a fairly marginal skill set.
As long as he can teach the mental game it will be a good hire....if he is hired.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Okay, I did my research..

CD.jpg

Lets get this signed, now!!!!!!

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Garcia also coached Shane Carden, prospect QB from East Carolina. Don't be surprised if we draft him mid-rounds.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Sure. Why not?

Another poster (can't remember who) made a good point in one of the threads about our search for an OC. Why aren't more players moving into the coaching ranks these days? There's such a need for talent and that used to be the natural progression. What recent dynamic has changed that so? I know the talking head beat on ESPN and others is a gravy position and a lot less stressful probably but you would sure think there would be more guys than there are progressing from player to coach.

Last edited:

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Garcia also coached Shane Carden, prospect QB from East Carolina. Don't be surprised if we draft him mid-rounds.
I hope that we do. I know he needs work on his fundamentals, particularly his footwork, but the arm talent is there and, although a bit "short" at 6'2", he's athletic enough. Perhaps Garcia can help him make the most of his talents.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I hope that we do. I know he needs work on his fundamentals, particularly his footwork, but the arm talent is there and, although a bit "short" at 6'2", he's athletic enough. Perhaps Garcia can help him make the most of his talents.

Based on this video, he shows some flashes of starting QB material. I do see some problems with footwork and even the habit of staring down at his receivers. These problems should be easily solved if he isn't battered to oblivion.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
O
Based on this video, he shows some flashes of starting QB material. I do see some problems with footwork and even the habit of staring down at his receivers. These problems should be easily solved if he isn't battered to oblivion.

[/QUOtw] Oich! Youvwoukd post video of the game in which they out up 70 against my 'Heels. I think his "issues" are correctable.