Rams signing Robert Woods

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@ReddingRam and @StealYoGurley - I'd definitely say that TA doesn't have Desean's physical skillsets nor Crowder's agility. I don't think he's really comparable to either which is the problem. People have been talking about TA in the slot for ages but the kid can't cut for jack or run precise enough routes to make being in the slot a real viability, the only thing he shares with slot receivers is a general size disadvantage which has not equated to ankle breaking agility or savvy route running. So, while he doesn't share Desean's size/nor stature/or route running ability, he best fits (even if it's an ill fit) Desean's use as a deep threat in McVay's offense. We're stuck with a very expensive square peg which will will again try to fit in a round hole. That hole being a deep threat outside threat and not a slot receiver.

Tavon can cut just fine. The problem is that he hasn't shown the football IQ or ability to catch in traffic needed to work out of the slot.

jap

Legend
I've said it before after the Bills drafted Watkins and I'll say it again, the Bills never used Woods.

This is coming early so someone save this and call me out if I'm wrong. Robert Woods goes over 1,000 yards THIS SEASON.

Come at me, bros.

That can very well happen. Just putting Tavon into a game always galvanizes opposing DC's into making sure he's accounted for, and any extra attention Tavon or other receivers draw will only benefit Robert. Hell, I wanted the Horns to draft Robert his rookie season, and I wanted Marquise Lee too (the damn Jags snagged him!). We need those possession types to keep the sticks moving on third downs - Henry Ellard, Isaac Bruce, (to a lesser extent) Danny Amendola, etc. If we can get Tyler Higbee and Pharoh Cooper going early on, opposing DC's will have fits trying to contain Robert and Tavon.

This is what Tavon always needed - being surrounded by quality receivers who demanded defensive attention in their own right. Anytime opposing D's relax on Tavon, he can get the rock in the open field and score from anywhere on the field. If they try to stifle Tavon, then Robert, Pharoh, Tyler, or Todd may get away. We already know! Todd can score from anywhere on the field too.

I wanna see how good Robert gets at handling multiple coverage, because if he can consistently force double-triple teaming a number of our other fly guys can explode.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
I've said it before after the Bills drafted Watkins and I'll say it again, the Bills never used Woods.

This is coming early so someone save this and call me out if I'm wrong. Robert Woods goes over 1,000 yards THIS SEASON.

Come at me, bros.

I also felt like he wasnt used enough/correctly in Buffalo and thought he was always better than his stats suggested, and the better player between the 2 standout USC wrs (himself and lee) but thats a different story. But your prediction is a bit too bold for me. Hope you're right though

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Well to make everyone feel better, Robert Woods caught 5 passes for 140 yards and a touchdown in his first game as a Ram. In madden anyway. Oh and Whitworth was a great blocker.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'll take him over Britt all day. Just for the attitude. But I think he is possibly the most solid WR we have had in some time. I like this move. Maybe paid too much tho

Limey

Rookie
I'll take him over Britt all day. Just for the attitude. But I think he is possibly the most solid WR we have had in some time. I like this move. Maybe paid too much tho
Agree with you on most of this. I'm pretty sure I read that the contract is heavy on incentives, so we only pay it all if he is durable and successful. Given that he is still young, and it's a 5 year deal, even if we pay all of it he will look cheap by the end of the contract.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Interesting decision you made to skim over my post and then quote it.

Where did I bring up Jordan Reed's name?

Garcon, Jackson and Crowder combined for those numbers under our new HC - meanwhile Woods, Austin and Cooper all played in offenses stuck in the 1980s - Our guys need to improve, which I acknowledged, and if they do we will just need a starting TE - which Higbee is capable of becoming.

Our guys have some growing up to do, but they're all very young and have potential - that's what I was pointing out. Developing your own players is the best way to improve.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Tavon can cut just fine. The problem is that he hasn't shown the football IQ or ability to catch in traffic needed to work out of the slot.
I am thinking/hoping he gets more vertical opportunities this year.
It would really help his screen/quick hit game if he were more of a vertical threat.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
Woods sighting - Altanta Int to John Wayne ( landed at 12 noon) - traveling first class with a tall blonde.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0632006707702141234-4

Sean McVay brought up an interesting trait about Robert Woods' route-running ability, which is crucial to the concepts he ran in Washington: "He understands and makes everything look the same. Great body control.

One of the things you really appreciate about him is when he's at the top of his routes, his ability to create that immediate separation because he makes guys truly feel like he's stretching the field vertical, then he snaps it down at 15 with good body lean."

Alden Gonzalez, ESPN Staff Writer