Rams signing Robert Woods

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
He sure can block! Talks like a team player. He is a example of the new L A Rams culture. Confident hard working team player.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Probably already been posted, but you can't search for a tweet.

View: https://twitter.com/daniklup/status/840333119907553283

He definitely knows the right thing to say. He has potential. If he's true to his word, I don't see us missing Britt.

As I've said many times, success in the NFL is about identifying players who fit your identity for the offense and acquiring them. It's clear that McVay did not feel that Britt was a fit.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0632006707702141234-4

Sean McVay brought up an interesting trait about Robert Woods' route-running ability, which is crucial to the concepts he ran in Washington: "He understands and makes everything look the same. Great body control.

One of the things you really appreciate about him is when he's at the top of his routes, his ability to create that immediate separation because he makes guys truly feel like he's stretching the field vertical, then he snaps it down at 15 with good body lean."

Alden Gonzalez, ESPN Staff Writer

People know that I have a boner for the WR position. I have spotty internet right now (on vacation with friends), but when I get back home I definitely want to elaborate on what McVay just said. It's a beautiful explanation. It's something that I think a lot of people don't fully understand.(and I don't mean that in an insulting way)

This is something that I really love about Zay Jones (a WR prospect). He does the same thing.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
He definitely knows the right thing to say.

This is something that I really love about Zay Jones (a WR prospect). He does the same thing.

Nothing sour about what he is saying. I'm sure what he meant is genuine...

Zay Jones on the other hand, I don't know anything about him, but that he is trying to make it to the NFL....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nothing sour about what he is saying. I'm sure what he meant is genuine...

Zay Jones on the other hand, I don't know anything about him, but that he is trying to make it to the NFL....

You kind of hatched job'd that quote.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
You kind of hatched job'd that quote.

What Woods said isn't blowing smoke up anyones ass just to get a rise. He is a true professional, and will stay true to his word. Point.

Zay Jones could say whatever he wants or you can think you know what he says but its just a collegiate trying to land an interview into the nfl...

I really didn't hatched job anything. By your tone you think Zay is a better go getter.. Right?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What Woods said isn't blowing smoke up anyones ass just to get a rise. He is a true professional, and will stay true to his word. Point.

Zay Jones could say whatever he wants or you can think you know what he says but its just a collegiate trying to land an interview into the nfl...

I really didn't hatched job anything. By your tone you think Zay is a better go getter.. Right?

It was definitely a hatchet job. I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt that you just responded to two different things in one post without separating them. This is what I actually said:
(In response to Woods's quote about working with Goff)
"He definitely knows the right thing to say. He has potential. If he's true to his word, I don't see us missing Britt.

As I've said many times, success in the NFL is about identifying players who fit your identity for the offense and acquiring them. It's clear that McVay did not feel that Britt was a fit."

(In response to McVay's comments about Woods's route running ability)
"People know that I have a boner for the WR position. I have spotty internet right now (on vacation with friends), but when I get back home I definitely want to elaborate on what McVay just said. It's a beautiful explanation. It's something that I think a lot of people don't fully understand.(and I don't mean that in an insulting way)

This is something that I really love about Zay Jones (a WR prospect). He does the same thing."

These are two completely different discussions that you combined to make it seem like I was saying that Woods isn't dedicated, but Zay Jones will be.

That's not at all what I said. I said that Woods is talking the talk, and if he walks the walk, I don't see us missing Britt.(what he said is the perfect response to that question, and if he's true to his word, I think he'll do quite well)

Then, in response to a completely different quote, I commented that I loved McVay's explanation for why he values Woods highly. I then explained that Zay Jones does the same things as a route runner that McVay values in Woods.

They're not at all connected. You cut together two quotes from the same post responding to different points. I don't think you did it purposefully, which is why I was poking a little fun about the hatchet job, because you made it seem like I was saying something that I absolutely never said.

jjab360

Legend
People know that I have a boner. It's something that I think a lot of people don't fully understand.(and I don't mean that in an insulting way)

Jesus jrry you need to learn to control yourself.

...Am I doing it right?

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
It was definitely a hatchet job. I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt that you just responded to two different things in one post without separating them. This is what I actually said:
(In response to Woods's quote about working with Goff)
"He definitely knows the right thing to say. He has potential. If he's true to his word, I don't see us missing Britt.

As I've said many times, success in the NFL is about identifying players who fit your identity for the offense and acquiring them. It's clear that McVay did not feel that Britt was a fit."

(In response to McVay's comments about Woods's route running ability)
"People know that I have a boner for the WR position. I have spotty internet right now (on vacation with friends), but when I get back home I definitely want to elaborate on what McVay just said. It's a beautiful explanation. It's something that I think a lot of people don't fully understand.(and I don't mean that in an insulting way)

This is something that I really love about Zay Jones (a WR prospect). He does the same thing."

These are two completely different discussions that you combined to make it seem like I was saying that Woods isn't dedicated, but Zay Jones will be.

That's not at all what I said. I said that Woods is talking the talk, and if he walks the walk, I don't see us missing Britt.(what he said is the perfect response to that question, and if he's true to his word, I think he'll do quite well)

Then, in response to a completely different quote, I commented that I loved McVay's explanation for why he values Woods highly. I then explained that Zay Jones does the same things as a route runner that McVay values in Woods.

They're not at all connected. You cut together two quotes from the same post responding to different points. I don't think you did it purposefully, which is why I was poking a little fun about the hatchet job, because you made it seem like I was saying something that I absolutely never said.

Do you like this signing? Do you feel Woods could be an integral piece to this team? Or do you think we should chase a receiver ie. Zay Jones in the draft?...

Honestly I dont think we need a WR now. We should be set in that area. But the center should be the main topic of discussion.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do you like this signing?

I'm 50/50 on it. I want to see the structure of the deal first. I think it was a necessary signing. In the overly long post I wrote a few days ago, Woods was the top guy on my list for us to sign when I realized we wouldn't be getting one of the Tier 1 WRs. And frankly, I trust McVay to identify what he wants at WR in his scheme.

Do you feel Woods could be an integral piece to this team?

Yes.

Or do you think we should chase a receiver ie. Zay Jones in the draft?...

Also yes. I don't think we're done addressing the WR position. Whether that's Zay Jones or another WR, I think we should add another early in the draft. I could also see them adding a big slot type like Evan Engram or Gerald Everett (basically, a WR/TE tweener).

Honestly I dont think we need a WR now. We should be set in that area. But the center should be the main topic of discussion.

I think we do need another WR. And people know my thoughts on the Center position.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I'm 50/50 on it. I want to see the structure of the deal first. I think it was a necessary signing. In the overly long post I wrote a few days ago, Woods was the top guy on my list for us to sign when I realized we wouldn't be getting one of the Tier 1 WRs. And frankly, I trust McVay to identify what he wants at WR in his scheme.

Yes.

Also yes. I don't think we're done addressing the WR position. Whether that's Zay Jones or another WR, I think we should add another early in the draft. I could also see them adding a big slot type like Evan Engram or Gerald Everett (basically, a WR/TE tweener).

I think we do need another WR. And people know my thoughts on the Center position.

Well, would you think the WR role would be closed, say if we got Josh Gordon?. You can basically pick him up on peanuts because he is an experienced player trying to get back into the grind after a suspension. He would be a cheap sign, and you wouldn't have to overpay for results.

jjab360

Legend
Engram is absolutely my top target out of any position for the upcoming draft.

I haven't been paying as close this year as years past but that guy seems like a game breaker imo. Elite physical skills, great hands, routinely makes the spectacular catch.. I suppose route running could be improved as could any college player's but if I'm the Rams I'm doing whatever it takes to get that guy as the center piece of our passing game a la Jordan Reed.