Rams signing Robert Woods

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Adam Schefter‏Verified account@AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago

Former Bills WR Robert Woods is returning to LA, to the Rams, per sources. Back in the Coliseum, like at USC.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Yes! He was my boy from the start! Now let's get a speed guy and we're ready to roll.

Big Game

Living The Dream
Good pickup since Garcon and Desean or signing elsewhere and Britt is leaving.

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
I actually love this move. I think Woods is highly underrated and I've seen flashes of really brilliant play. I think this kind of nullifies losing Britt. If we can still somehow land another WR and draft Engram in Rd 2 this offense will be night and day better than what we've been seeing.

....assuming Whitworth really is signing on too.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I'm happy with that - wanted Woods to be drafted by the Rams originally - lets hope he stays healthy - I guess we are now out of the running for any of the bigger named WRs

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
65 catches for 613 yards and 1 TD.

I don't understand how he is better than Britt. What does he bring to the Rams? What is his role going to be?

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
This puts us over the cap though doesn't it? We only had 7 million and he just got 7.8. We must be making cuts or trades that haven't been reported yet.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Not the wideout I wanted, but he's solid and will give Goff an option he can trust. Solid move.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Best blocking WR in free agency

Goff be like

8621547.gif

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Not a bad pickup at all. Cost a bit more than I would have liked, but he can play.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I like this too, good work so far. I wonder if McVay helps with this or if it's something Snead could have done regardless.

Psycho_X

Legend
The potential with Woods is huge. He's got skills that can be exploited. Sharp route running ability.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
65 catches for 613 yards and 1 TD.

I don't understand how he is better than Britt. What does he bring to the Rams? What is his role going to be?

He's a completely different receiver Elm.

Britt's a big, prototype bodied wideout with the mind of a 5 year old and inconsistent hands and route running tendencies.

Woods is a very good and consistent route runner who provides an option in the passing game a QB can trust.

The Jay Gruden offense is known for precisely-run routes and execution. McVay is going to expect the same. Route runners are going to benefit come camp and Woods is a fit for this offense, Britt isn't.