Rams signing Robert Woods

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Woods - Garcon
Tavon - Desean Jackson (stretch here, improvement needed by Tavon)
Cooper - Crowder

Tavon's skillset is probably more similar to Crowder's, but my point is if Cooper, Tavon and Woods improve - all young, talented and played in run-first offenses, they could be similar to what McVey had in Washington. I love this signing. That coupled with Whitworth gives us flexibility - we're 1 OL and 1 TE away from being a complete offense - and Higbee could easily be that TE.

We have so much flexibility in the draft - could still take a WR but it's not a dire need either.

WestCoastRam

Legend
McVay is gonna try to make Austin our Desean (has to because of the contract on this kid) and Woods his Garcon. Simple as that.

codeman

UDFA
Woods is going to play the Garcon role. He's not as physical or athletic, but he is a solid route runner with good hands and is a top 5 run blocking WR. I hope the contract is incentive laden because 5 - 39 mil is alot of money for him. 6 mil a year with incentives for yards and TDs would be a really good deal. Expect him to have around 800-900 yards and 5 TDs a year and be a solid possession #2. This could be like a Marvin Jones type deal where he performs better on his second team.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree he is not a # 1 WR but with what we have on the roster right now it gives him the chance. Similar to Kenny Britt he is not a number #1 but for us he played that role.
I'm hoping we get a rookie to take that chance

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Woods is going to play the Garcon role. He's not as physical or athletic, but he is a solid route runner with good hands and is a top 5 run blocking WR. I hope the contract is incentive laden because 5 - 39 mil is alot of money for him. 6 mil a year with incentives for yards and TDs would be a really good deal. Expect him to have around 800-900 yards and 5 TDs a year and be a solid possession #2. This could be like a Marvin Jones type deal where he performs better on his second team.
There are tweets in here that state that Woods will have to earn the full 39 mill.
It does look to an incentive driven contract.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Tavon will never be the downfield threat D Jax is, IMO the farther downfield T.A gets the ball and when he gets numerous downfield targets he becomes less effective. He is elusive and that is where he is a mismatch. D Jax is a legit downfield threat and more traditional W.R with a conventional route tree than T.A

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
65 catches for 613 yards and 1 TD.

I don't understand how he is better than Britt. What does he bring to the Rams? What is his role going to be?
Not exactly better gnome...hands are excellent....good kid too.
Has he had injury issues?
That's the only thing that has me worried...he's had multiple injuries...
Hell, reminds me of DX with better knees....

Like a bunch on the left coast, wanted us to draft him...I wanted Marquise Lee too, he's ummm, a lil better...But Woods is a local product, that is a great team player....

I still expect to draft a big ole 6'3, 6'4 stud....Robert Smith or Kenny Golladay my preferences.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
im happy with Woods really besides Pryor the only one I wanted

A55VA6

Legend
Very good run blocking WR, and a great fit in McVay's system. Only 24 yrs old. I like it.

ausmurp

Starter
Woods compares very closely to Garcon. I'm thinking we were targeting Garcon and Woods as a backup plan. I'm happy, he has huge upside and was way underutilized.

TA is probably viewed by staff as our DJax. So now we have a Garcon like WR and a DJax like WR...Things are coming together, let's just hope these guys can perform.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Robert is not a #1 WR: he is a very solid #2 guy who will probably be utilized more by the Horns than the Bills used him.
So who do you think could be out number 1 next season? Not alot of cash left unless they deal try. Alot of time left, but they are paying 2 smaller receivers alot of money next season.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Woods compares very closely to Garcon. I'm thinking we were targeting Garcon and Woods as a backup plan. I'm happy, he has huge upside and was way underutilized.

TA is probably viewed by staff as our DJax. So now we have a Garcon like WR and a DJax like WR...Things are coming together, let's just hope these guys can perform.
I hope so , woods has great hands but doesn't stretch the field , quick might have to stay for a deep threat

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I like the Whitworth signing but this one is a little underwhelming. He is almost certainly a downgrade from Britt except in his attitude and he got a very large deal. Pryor or Jackson or even Brandon Marshall would have made more sense because we are still missing a #1 target man.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There's risk in this, but they did keep the guaranteed money low. There's also a lot of upside.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So who do you think could be out number 1 next season? Not alot of cash left unless they deal try. Alot of time left, but they are paying 2 smaller receivers alot of money next season.
We don't need what people refer to as a number 1. Go into next year with Woods, Austin, Cooper, Thomas along side Kendricks, Higbee and Hemingway. We then draft JuJu or another in the 2nd. With an improved OLine and McVay we have greatly improved our offense along with a Gurley rebound. Let the WR compete for Goffs attention, he's the one who will decide is our best receiver.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There's risk in this, but they did keep the guaranteed money low. There's also a lot of upside.
Agree, we also don't know the financials since reports are its incentive heavy.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy

Disagree w/ your commit saying Woods isn't Physical or athletic.. He was regarded as the best blocking WR in free agency. As to the athletic he ran track and was pretty good at it.

Bonus: Sounds like a high character kid, went to Haiti to build houses.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Woods_(wide_receiver)

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
He's made for the McVay offense. He was never going to light it up in buffalo. Rex only knew about two of his offensive players in Watkins and McCoy

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

I like it !!! That seems like good value & McVay must have really liked what he saw .