Rams sign Wes Welker

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Definitely different context than I thought on harrison. Would like to know the whole story about why fisher was laughing. Could be unrelated to him being hurt or just something someone said. I mean, how does Rodney know what he was saying from across the field?

fearsomefour

Legend
Wes Welker averaged a career worst 9.5 yards per catch his last year in Denver.
Ok. He was a first down machine. I would just let him put in two or three routes he likes and have Foles work with him on those. If he adds a couple of third down conversions a game it could be worth it. No risk signing really.
I like the effort to bring him in.
I just hope he doesn't get injured again.
Getting a consistent underneath threat, even if it is not big plays, may help open up other things.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I just hope he still has his Pats playbook. Might give Vignetting some ideas.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I meant. Cignetti .....I hate auto correct...and for some reason I can't edit the post.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You know this for a fact? Did I miss the article?

There was an article saying the Bears weren't looking to deal Alshon. I can't find it now. I think it was Jason Cole.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
There was an article saying the Bears weren't looking to deal Alshon. I can't find it now. I think it was Jason Cole.

Guess I missed it. I just remember the numerous articles that were listing him as a trade candidate.

fearsomefour

Legend
Givens traded, Bailey suspended (per Fisher, last chance coming up), Britt drawing a decent salary, Quick has disappeared and is a FA after the season. I could see Britt going seeing as he would save about $4M under the cap. Would be strange heading into FA with Austin, Welker and Marquez in the fold and the others gone. Recreating the mighty midgets or whatever they were called with the Redskins.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
It's worth a shot. Always like his game. Hope there is still something left in the tank.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I like it. As someone else said way earlier in the thread, I just want to see Austin and Gurley back out of the skill players next year. The rest are JAGS. They're mostly FAs anyway IIRC.

fancents86

Starter
No I mean the feeling of actually grabbing someone of that caliber on our team. Welker hasn't played yet so my feelings can't get that deep yet (and I hope it never does). Lol