Rams sign Wes Welker

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I can also understand what your standards are. You claim he had to come back and jump? And that's on Foles? Great logic.

Once again, if he did not came back, a sound logic says he would not have had to jump. The ball was right on him. I understand why you think he sucks. SMH.
You're talking about ONE throw. I'm talking about the majority of them.

I can cut him some slack throwing against the wind. And I said that Austin should have caught the ball.

But more often than not Foles simply throws the ball in an area and hopes for the best. I've yet to see him (with any consistency) hit receivers in stride or put the ball in a consistent place where the onus isn't on the receiver to make a circus catch. Even on routine routes.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Jesus Christ man, he was escaping pressure on that play, throwing against his body, and throwing against the wind. And the reason that Tavon was coming back to the ball was because it was basically a scramble drill at that point. Foles put it right on him and had he caught it with the DB falling behind him, it probably would've been a TD and the biggest play of the game.

How about a little objectivity and realistic expectations, my god...
He is clamoirong about that one throw. I have said from the beginning the ball should have been caught.

But this Is about more than one throw for me. Notice nobody defended the two examples I used in my earlier post. The behind the LOS throw that was 3 feet over Bailey's head or the throw at Gurley's knees.

Why?? Because they were completions. But they were horribly inaccurate throws.

maximus

Rookie

I can cut him some slack throwing against the wind. And I said that Austin should have caught the ball.

But more often than not Foles simply throws the ball in an area and hopes for the best. I've yet to see him (with any consistency) hit receivers in stride or put the ball in a consistent place where the onus isn't on the receiver to make a circus catch. Even on routine routes.

Circus catches? I wish I would have seen as many as you claim there are. Rams would be 6-2 right now if that happened

Try watching other teams and other QBs. How many open and wide open receivers Bridgewater missed in the same game? He threw a pick with the wind behind him. In every game I watch I see receivers adjusting to poor throws. Talk about standards. You seem to think other QBs do not get bailed out game in game out by their receivers on some poor throws.

And by the way, nowhere did I say Foles has been very good, as you have claimed. He missed throws, missed reads, no question. But overall, considering the circumstances, which you dismiss as excuses, he's definitely not been as garbage as many make him out to be.

Tough loss, but putting so much blame on Foles is stretching it.

jjab360

Legend
He is clamoirong about that one throw. I have said from the beginning the ball should have been caught.

But this Is about more than one throw for me. Notice nobody defended the two examples I used in my earlier post. The behind the LOS throw that was 3 feet over Bailey's head or the throw at Gurley's knees.

Why?? Because they were completions. But they were horribly inaccurate throws.
He had a lot of bad throws, it was a bad game in a subpar season. I'd like to see more and I think he's capable of more.

I'm taking a wait and see approach atm.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Circus catches? I wish I would have seen as many as you claim there are. Rams would be 6-2 right now if that happened

Try watching other teams and other QBs. How many open and wide open receivers Bridgewater missed in the same game? He threw a pick with the wind behind him. In every game I watch I see receivers adjusting to poor throws. Talk about standards. You seem to think other QBs not get bailed out game in game out by their receivers on some poor throws.

And by the way, nowhere did I say Foles has been very good, as you have claimed. He missed throws, missed reads, no question. But overall, considering the circumstances, which you dismiss as excuses, he's definitely not been as garbage as many make him out to be.

Tough loss, but putting so much blame on Foles is stretching it.
This has nothing to do with Sunday's loss. I didn't expect them to win that game with all the injuries.

I've been consistently voicing my concerns about him since training camp. And all the things I saw up close and personal that concerned me in training camp and he's still doing the same things.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
It's not about THIS GAME. This is a season long issue.

Anyway. This horse is dead. I'm done beating it.

maximus

Rookie
It's not about THIS GAME. This is a season long issue.

Anyway. This horse is dead. I'm done beating it.

Funny how you say you haven't seen Foles go over the middle. Just watch the vid at 1:51.

As a bonus, the coverage was tight. The LB was all over Cook when he caught it. That completion ( against a heavy blitz) set up the tying FG.
It's great that you can find only his bad plays, but when he makes a good play, over the middle no less against a heavy blitz, crickets. Talk about standards.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Funny how you say you haven't seen Foles go over the middle. Just watch the vid at 1:51.

As a bonus, the coverage was tight. The LB was all over Cook when he caught it. That completion ( against a heavy blitz) set up the tying FG.
It's great that you can find only his bad plays, but when he makes a good play, over the middle no less against a heavy blitz, crickets. Talk about standards.

And it's even more comical that you seem to try so hard to find the isolated example to make your point.

"Blind squirrel" much?

Anyone who claims that he is been an asset to the offense this year is either blindly loyal because he isn't Bradford. Or engaging in a whole lot of wishful thinking.

Reply of you must. I'm done.

fearsomefour

Legend
And it's even more comical that you seem to try so hard to find the isolated example to make your point.

"Blind squirrel" much?

Anyone who claims that he is been an asset to the offense this year is either blindly loyal because he isn't Bradford. Or engaging in a whole lot of wishful thinking.

I agree. Not how I was hoping things would go.

fearsomefour

Legend

How much do you think this has to do with him being on time (more accurately, not on time) with throws?
He seems late on a lot of throws to me. I don't know if that has to do with going through progressions slowly or what. The passes are either predetermined quick throws (WR screens ect) or it seems he is standing in the pocket holding the ball.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Agreed, the way Davis and Hill performed last season there is no way we would be where we are now. Foles does need to improve, no doubt about it, but I surely remember most of us sitting here last year saying we needed a QB who wouldn't give the game away. So far we have that, but at the same time, we don't have one who can go out and win us games on his back. He did perform like the QB we hoped for in the Seattle game, however, so I believe he has it in him.

maximus

Rookie

"Blind squirrel" much?

Right. Because he did not make some great throws to help get the win against the Seahags and Arizona. He did not throw 2 good deep balls against Pitt and Vikings, which caught would had put the Rams at 6-2. Playing behind the least experienced OL in the league, taking numerous hits, dealing with drops, fumbles. But those are just excuses, should not be mentioned. Luck has looked really well behind his OL.

Tough loss, but a team loss.

Greg the Leg misses a make-able FG with the wind behind him.
Fisher goes for 2 running Gurley behind a make-shift OL instead of kicking for 1 more point with one of the strongest kickers in the league.
Make-shift OL can not open any holes for Gurley, Gurley has to make miracles to get a few yards.
Tavon with a drop, he catches that Rams win.
False starts, penalties on defense which help the Vikings sustain drives and score points.
Important starters missing on both defense and offense. Missing Hav screwed badly the run game.
Refs which ignore 2 blatant blocks in the back to help Vikings start their winning drive at midfield, instead of the 10. Or the intentional grounding, to me it looked like Harkey was near the ball. No replay to confirm the call. Rams had to punt instead of kicking a FG which would had won the game. Foles had pressure in his face 1 second after the snap. By your standards that is on him.

A laundry list, but they are excuses, should not be mentioned, only the QB should get the vast majority of the blame. Great standards.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Right. Because he did not make some great throws to help get the win against the Seahags and Arizona. He did not throw 2 good deep balls against Pitt and Vikings, which caught would had put the Rams at 6-2. Playing behind the least experienced OL in the league, taking numerous hits, dealing with drops, fumbles. But those are just excuses, should not be mentioned. Luck has looked really well behind his OL.

Tough loss, but a team loss.

Greg the Leg misses a make-able FG with the wind behind him.
Fisher goes for 2 running Gurley behind a make-shift OL instead of kicking for 1 more point with one of the strongest kickers in the league.
Make-shift OL can not open any holes for Gurley, Gurley has to make miracles to get a few yards.
Tavon with a drop, he catches that Rams win.
False starts, penalties on defense which help the Vikings sustain drives and score points.
Important starters missing on both defense and offense. Missing Hav screwed badly the run game.
Refs which ignore 2 blatant blocks in the back to help Vikings start their winning drive at midfield, instead of the 10. Or the intentional grounding, to me it looked like Harkey was near the ball. No replay to confirm the call. Rams had to punt instead of kicking a FG which would had won the game. Foles had pressure in his face 1 second after the snap. By your standards that is on him.

A laundry list, but they are excuses, should not be mentioned, only the QB should get the vast majority of the blame. Great standards.
Yawn!!!!!!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He come back and had to jump? Do you realize how that sounds? SMH. And that's on Foles? No wonder he sucks so much in your opinion.

So if he does not come back, then he did not had to jump for it, it would had been on his numbers? Wow. Against the wind by the way.
But that is not a well thrown ball. Sure. Well then, it is clear that in your opinion, Foles really sucks. Get back Austin Davis and Shawn Hill, they will throw it better.

actually, if he didn't come back the ball would have been intercepted. if he stayed where he was the db would have taken the underneath route to the ball but tavon moved back at the last second towards the ball and had to jump. hard to believe he would drop it but it wasn't a great throw by any means. if he led tavon another few yards it would have been a td. he didn't plant his feet but he had plenty of time to adjust his throw to the route tavon was running.

i don't think foles has hit tavon deep all season. always throws a wayward ball when tavon has two steps on the db. this is definitely a problem for a low scoring offense that needs to capitalise on such plays.

fearsomefour

Legend
The reason they don't throw crossing routes to him frequently is very simple. Most teams don't play straight man coverage against the Rams. Therefore Austin is taken out of the game when he has to actually run a route that requires him to settle is a soft spot in the zone and become a stationary target.

Bottom line is this team for whatever reason hasn't shown any interest in utilizing the middle of the field with either Quick or Britt. Slants and deep dig routes are easy pickings. So unless and until I see our QB make they throw I can only assume he's the issue.
I was assuming the play calling....and I am basing this on where throws are going, not seeing the whole field watching games on TV of course....was reflective to the coaches protecting Foles. Protecting him in the sense of not trusting him. The little short to middle range out route they seem to favor, while not always an easy throw, is a safe throw in the sense that the QB has to drop in a basket to the WR, it will either be caught or overthrown and incomplete. The WR screen they call quite a bit is also a throw where there is no reading going on really. The knock on Foles has been struggling to find secondary guys. I am assuming some of the play calling and limitations in the passing game have been to give Foles easy throws in the sense of limiting the amount he has to read and adjust to the D. I may be way off....thoughts?

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I bet he wishes he would have stayed home after what Foles showed today . After playing with Brady and Manning and for two quality organizations he has sunk to the low point of his career .

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Foles has been terrible for the last few games and it's becoming downright unfair to our receivers and O-line to be blamed for him. The guy had time today, guys were open and yet again he put in another terrible game where he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.

He finally threw a catchable ball to Quick, he reels it in and makes a great play, yet Quick has 'disappeared' because Foles can't hit him and refuses to find him. Yet it's their fault because they're wide open and can't grow to 9'10 on demand.

Foles needs to be better and not holding him accountable will only hurt the team.