Rams sign Tre'Davious White

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Yeah, CB becomes a less likely draft pick but we still need someone to develop behind him and his 1 year deal. Probably not gonna get a CB in the 1st but not out of the question and most likely will draft one in later rounds.

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Still want Kris Abrams-Draine in the third round...but I'm perfectly fine with this signing. At his best, White is an All-Pro corner. I hope he's healthy enough, but I'm still not counting on it.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Still want Kris Abrams-Draine in the third round...but I'm perfectly fine with this signing. At his best, White is an All-Pro corner. I hope he's healthy enough, but I'm still not counting on it.
Yeah, I think we grab a day 2-3 guy for sure.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Fuck yeah, love the signing as I'm sure our medical staff signed off on it too. I personally wouldn't say no CB with the first pick. If Mitchell falls, that's a fuckin prized secondary with White, Williams and Mitchell if we draft him. We don't truly know the Rams plans. Loving this signing since it's only a 1 year gamble. Lots of draft routes we can take.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Fuck yeah, love the signing as I'm sure our medical staff signed off on it too. I personally wouldn't say no CB with the first pick. If Mitchell falls, that's a fuckin prized secondary with White, Williams and Mitchell if we draft him. We don't truly know the Rams plans. Loving this signing since it's only a 1 year gamble. Lots of draft routes we can take.
Can White play nickel cause Williams and Mitchell I don't think can.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Can White play nickel cause Williams and Mitchell I don't think can.
How do you know what Mitchell can and can't do? Dude is a top flight CB in this draft. If he's there, you don't pass if you ask me. I'm sure he could nickle up if asked but don't we have other players like Kurl, Tomlinson, Durant or Lake that can come up to play nickle every so often (honestly asking by the way)? Even though I think White is a nice signing, it's one year plus there are rightfully injury concerns. Plus nickles can still be drafted later. The secondary we fielded last year minus Witherspoon was ass last year. Rams may be looking to strengthen the hell out of it.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's some decent coin for a 29-year-old injured corner. Well worth the gamble though in my opinion.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I like investing in a potential bargain on D. The edge market got away from them, so they shifted.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
Williams is 31. White is 29 and with a less-than-inspiring injury record.

We still need to draft a top CB prospect.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Sean McDermott said the following just yesterday about White's release.
The parts about his character and leadership are very encouraging ... I hope.

"You know eventually, it's going to come because of the lifespan of an NFL player. But it came way too early in my mind, right? And I'm sure in his mind as well. It's to me tragic in some ways because of the injuries. Had not the injuries occurred, who knows where his time in Buffalo would've taken him and us. I think he's one of the best defensive backs to ever play in Buffalo. I really believe that. He's all class all the time. And he works his tail off. And he's one of the best human beings I know. From what he came from and how he's not only lifted himself up but lifted his family up and the way he's lifted our team up over the years it's just to me a very unfortunate situation with the injuries. Sorry, it's sad to see him go"

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Ok - back end looking good. Now give me a run on corners early in the draft