Rams Sign CB Coty Sensabaugh To A Three-Year Deal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Roberson starting to come on.Gaines coming back and now we sign sensimilla.
we should be in fine shape at corner

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
this is our big move huh
Why do we have to make a 'big' move? This team was close without a functional offense. We could have paid Osweiler $78M for a big move, but that's ridiculously out of whack. Could have gotten Malik Jackson or Vernon for $85M instead of signing Hayes. Or maybe Marvin Jones for $40M (lol)? Or pay Jenkins $62M instead of putting the finishing touches on a corner of similar athletic ability for $15M? I expect our big move to come in the draft, tbh. I'll wait on that instead of blowing our wad in free agency for players that really aren't all that stupendous.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Fisher and Co. obviously don't know what they are doing with DB's. Besides Janoris, TruJo, EJ, TJMac, Joyner, McLeod, and Roberson, who have they ever developed into a competent DB???

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Why do we have to make a 'big' move? This team was close without a functional offense. We could have paid Osweiler $78M for a big move, but that's ridiculously out of whack. Could have gotten Malik Jackson or Vernon for $85 instead of signing Hayes. Or maybe Marvin Jones for $40M (lol)? Or pay Jenkins $62M instead of putting the finishing touches on a corner of similar athletic ability for $15M? I expect our big move to come in the draft, tbh. I'll wait on that instead of blowing our wad in free agency for players that really aren't all that stupendous.
IMO, Mark Barron was the big signing for us. He was the lynch-pin to our defense, and I don't think we just gave him an arbitrary number. I'm sure there were teams ringing his agent, because Williams, among a few other coaches, are adapting to offenses that are more spread, and diverse.... TE's that can run, RB's out of the backfield. QB's that can run, and all. Signing Barron was huge.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Why do we have to make a 'big' move? This team was close without a functional offense. We could have paid Osweiler $78M for a big move, but that's ridiculously out of whack. Could have gotten Malik Jackson or Vernon for $85 instead of signing Hayes. Or maybe Marvin Jones for $40M (lol)? Or pay Jenkins $62M instead of putting the finishing touches on a corner of similar athletic ability for $15M? I expect our big move to come in the draft, tbh. I'll wait on that instead of blowing our wad in free agency for players that really aren't all that stupendous.

I'm with you.

It's fun to make a big splash, but the good teams have talent of their own to prioritize.

Brockers, Ogletree, Austin... Those guys need to be budgeted for soon.

Then you fill in around those pieces.

Rinse and repeat.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame

I hope you strictly mean that all they share is similar athletic ability. Not comparable in terms of quality.

Both contracts are pretty ugly though.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
IMO, Mark Barron was the big signing for us. He was the lynch-pin to our defense, and I don't think we just gave him an arbitrary number. I'm sure there were teams ringing his agent, because Williams, among a few other coaches, are adapting to offenses that are more spread, and diverse.... TE's that can run, RB's out of the backfield. QB's that can run, and all. Signing Barron was huge.
Agree. He's the Godfather of this new hybrid position.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I hope you strictly mean that all they share is similar athletic ability. Not comparable in terms of quality.

Both contracts are pretty ugly though.
I meant what I said and I said what I meant.
I have no idea if they're comparable in terms of quality (yet) until I see Coty play a year in this defense.
And quite honestly, Jenkins isn't a $62M corner either.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I meant what I said and I said what I meant.
I have no idea if they're comparable in terms of quality (yet) until I see Coty play a year in this defense.
And quite honestly, Jenkins isn't a $62M corner either.

I'm not disagreeing that Jenkins isn't a 62M corner. Him being the second highest paid corner in the league behind Revis is pretty crazy.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What's funny is people are forgetting that the Rams have three starting CBs. Even after losing Jenks they have Gaines, who was probably our best CB prior to his injury, Tru, who finally played up to his ability, and Joyner, who is an excellent young nickel CB who is coming off a good season.

This was a depth move. They paid $5 million per for a guy whose raw ability they liked. Judging from their track record with DBs, I am not gonna sweat it.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Hey Coty, if you are reading this, the same things were said of Akeem Ayers, and Nick Fairly last year. Will Hayes received a lot of crap, a few years ago. Kenny Britt, probably our best WR, was torched. To be fair, Cook was polarizing too, and still is. Some guys here like what he did, and some hate him.

It's nothing personal, dude.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm not disagreeing that Jenkins isn't a 62M corner. Him being the second highest paid corner in the league behind Revis is pretty crazy.
Agree. Which should tell us all we need to know about the market. So, $15M for a corner of Coty's "value" seems about right. Worst case scenario is he's a jag, and gets buried on the depth chart and/or turns into a special teams ace. Best case scenario is he was in the wrong defense with the wrong coaches and we get to see his athletic gifts turned into disciplined lightning. I'm willing to bet his contract is all kinds of front-loaded too.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
@RAMpage28 Dang dude you're acting like its your money the team is spending. Let's see how he does before you start bashing the guy.

I'm hoping for the guy to have success, but I'm evaluating the move as it is now without seeing him in the Rams defense. His previous body of work doesn't match up to the contract in my opinion. There have been moves in the past that I disliked and have been on both sides of them. Some worked out and I was wrong, some didn't work out and I was right. Same goes for moves I did like at the time.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
So just for my own edification...How many games have you seen Sensabaugh play?
Maybe...12 or so? I watch a lot of Jaguars games when I can't see the Rams and they play the Titans twice a year. He never looked particularly good, except one game against Winston in his first game Week 1 this year. I also remember him getting torn apart by Manziel of all QBs.

I haven't seen his whole career, so I don't know the whole story, but in the games I've seen (and mind you I haven't focused on him either) I just haven't been impressed.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe...12 or so? I watch a lot of Jaguars games when I can't see the Rams and they play the Titans twice a year. He never looked particularly good. I also remember him getting torn apart by Manziel of all QBs.

Thanks, just was wondering I have never seen him play or don't remember anything bad or good...Thanks again.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Hey Coty, if you are reading this, the same things were said of Akeem Ayers, and Nick Fairly last year. Will Hayes received a lot of crap, a few years ago. Kenny Britt, probably our best WR, was torched. To be fair, Cook was polarizing too, and still is. Some guys here like what he did, and some hate him.

Eh. Feel like most people were fine with Ayers and Fairly. Maybe a bit confused with Fairly, but still enjoyed the idea of the addition. Kenny Britt signing was met with optimism or, at worst, a resounding meh. Mostly made fun of him for his instagram sex vid.

Feel like there's a pretty good consensus on Cook these days.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame

And Mark Barron!