Rams Sign CB Coty Sensabaugh To A Three-Year Deal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Tom Pelissero of USA Today reports that the Rams are signing CB Coty Sensabaugh to a three-year contract.

• Aaron Wilson reports that Sensabaugh’s three-year deal is worth up to $19 million.
The Rams wound up losing Janoris Jenkins early on in free agency, so this appears to be a depth signing for Los Angeles.

Sensabaugh will compete for playing time with Trumaine Johnson and E.J. Gaines.

Sensabaugh, 27, is a former fourth-round pick of the Titans back in 2012. He has played out his rookie contract with the team and was testing the open market as an unrestricted free agent for the first time.

In 2015, Sensabaugh appeared in all 16 games for the Rams and recorded 60 tackles, two interceptions with one being returned for a touchdown and eight pass defenses. Pro Football Focushas him rated as the No. 88 cornerback out of 111 qualifying players.

http://nfltraderumors.co/rams-signing-cb-coty-sensabaugh/

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
PeriodicBlushingDiscus.gif

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
People will overthink this cause he was a Titan - but the big news here is

THE RAMS SIGNED A PLAYER FROM ANOTHET ROSTER!!!!

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Never heard of him but that's more a reflection on me than Fisher. If I'm gonna trust this regime in one area, it's defensive backs so I'm ok with this.

RamBill

Legend
Rams add CB Sensabaugh to help replace Jenkins
Sensabaugh joins Rams after making 27 starts for Titans since 2012
By ARTHUR ARKUSH -- aarkush@profootballweekly.com
Published: March 14, 2016 — 5:04 p.m.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/20...b-sensabaugh-to-help-replace-jenkins/a6td08m/

The Rams have a hole to fill at cornerback after they placed the franchise tag on Trumaine Johnson, allowing Janoris Jenkins to set the corner market with the Giants.

Perhaps Monday's signing of former Titans coverman Coty Sensabaugh can help fill the void.

USA TODAY Sports' Tom Pelissero reported on Twitter that Sensabaugh has a three-year deal with the Rams. He was originally drafted in the fourth round in 2012 by the Titans, with whom he made 27 career starts including a career-high 15, with eight passes defensed and two interceptions a season ago.

The way we see it

That Tennessee parted ways with its former draft pick coming off a career year isn't cause for concern with Sensabaugh, as he entered the league under a different coaching staff and general manager.

We'll see if he can carve out a role in a Rams secondary undergoing changes, but still well stocked with Johnson, EJ Gaines and LaMarcus Joyner at corner. At the very least, Sensabaugh will be asked to contribute on special teams, where he has 11 career tackles. In a best-case scenario, he'll turn into the latest Gregg Williams disciple to sign another eye-popping deal a few years down the road.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Rams needed vet depth at corner can play nickel or on the outside. Hopefully its not too expensive

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I mean, does he play outside? Is he a slot guy? If he's a slot guy, that takes over for Joyner and Joyner is better. Is Joyner moving to safety and Coty to slot? If so, why is he getting paid more than Casey Hayward? Why him over Brandon Boykin? What? UP TO 19 MILLION? WHAT?

6ibdy.gif

Is he playing out side? Behind Tru, Gaines, and Roberson? 19 Million for a 4th corner?

Up to 19 MILLION! I really hope emphasis is on UP TO. The base salaries better be low.

Why does this team keep picking up the scraps of one of the worst teams in the league?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
He's a very fluid athlete that was raw coming out of college. He just started playing more physical, and instinctual last year. Maybe, we finally plucked someone that another team developed.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i will never question anything fisher and snead do on defense.

offense on the other hand.:puke:

RamBill

Legend
Nick Wagoner ‏@nwagoner
Sensabaugh started 15 games for Titans in 2015. Had two interceptions. Never played for Jeff Fisher but Gregg Williams was with him in 2013.

Why don't we wait to see the contract details before freaking out. Up to 19 million is a big range.

RamBill

Legend
Rams sign cornerback Coty Sensabaugh

Posted by Michael David Smith

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/14/rams-sign-cornerback-coty-sensabaugh/

After losing cornerback Janoris Jenkins in free agency, the Los Angeles Rams have found his replacement.

The Rams signed free agent cornerback Coty Sensabaugh, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

A 2012 fourth-round pick of the Titans, Sensabaugh started 15 games in Tennessee last season and had two interceptions, one of which was a pick-six in a Week One win over the Buccaneers, on the first pass of Jameis Winston’s career.

In Los Angeles Sensabaugh will play alongside cornerbacks Trumaine Johnson and E.J. Gaines.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Ok.
I'm not worried about Fishers ability to pick players for his secondary.
In all actuality, he's been quite exceptional at it, to date.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
If he wasn't a defensive back, I'd be flipping out at bringing in yet another ex-Titan. But I trust Snisher's judgement on the defensive backs so I'm fine with this. We could use another quality CB after losing Jenkins. Poaching another team's starter is decent.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Im curious if them willing to spend this much on another CB means they are thinking of moving joyner to FS