Rams Sign C John Sullivan

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Thank god. At least a stop gap.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
It takes more than a year to come off of a back surgery and play full speed.

That should include Quinn this year.

I think it is big that's Sullivan feels like coming back.
He knows his body and motivation more than anybody.
And it is not like he is ancient at 31.
A great mentor for whoever our draft pick is.
I still look for a pick from us by the fourth round at least.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
It takes more than a year to come off of a back surgery and play full speed.

That should include Quinn this year.

I think it is big that's Sullivan feels like coming back.
He knows his body and motivation more than anybody.
And it is not like he is ancient at 31.
A great mentor for whoever our draft pick is.
I still look for a pick from us by the fourth round at least.
He's the same age as Alex Mack. Who is by and large the best C in the league.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Meh...I'd rather have a Kromer guy.....or Mangold....as the voice on the line.

And, I'd rather start a rookie than a guy with back trouble.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes

JS started 15 games last season didn't he? And we don't know if they plan on trading for Groy. Which I think they will. Probably a 5th and a future 4th.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
C8prRybXgAEcpCx.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Sullivan_(center)#Professional_career

In 2009 he struggled with a calf injury and missed back-to-back games away to the New York Jets. He missed one more game in 2011.

In 2010 Sullivan underwent surgery on microfractures in his left knee, expected to keep him sidelined for most of the offseason.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/john-sullivan-player-injuries

SEASON/ WEEK/ INJURY/ STATUS
2016/15/ illness/ Questionable
2015/ 1/ lumbar microdiscectomy/ Day-to-Day
2014/ 8/ concussion/ Probable
2013/ 12/ concussion/ Questionable
2013/ 7/ hand/ Probable
2013/ 3/ knee/ Probable
2013/ 2/ knee/ Probable

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/05/rams-add-veteran-center-john-sullivan/

The 31-year-old Sullivan was the Vikings’ starter from 2009 to 2014 but missed the entire 2015 season, then went to Washington last year and was a backup. New Rams coach Sean McVay coached Sullivan in Washington last year, so Sullivan arrives already knowing the offense.

Sullivan was the No. 85 player in our Free Agent Hot 100.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
freak yeah! This is the best I've felt about free agency in a long time. Maybe ever.
A very, very long time at the very least!!!(y):snicker::shades::popcorn::banana::rockon::cheers:

jap

Legend
Johnny: "There's still a hole. I need a new go-to receiver for my fake punt passes now that Benny is gone with his jets."

Ram65

Legend
Sullivan was a excellent OC with the Viking. You never know with a back injury. If he is healthy it's a big upgrade. Everyone took their time on this one. Good signing with potential to become a very good singing. Don't know the contract but, I bet it has some incentives and is low risk for the Rams.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Worst case he is a vet to step in on day one, while helping a rookie center who eventually takes over or he regains his form and does a solid job helping your young QB. Either way it is a win win situation.

Well worst case is he is done and the rookie is a bust... but let's not think that way.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Another excellent signing by McVay and company! If he's healthy, he'll be a dominant center. At the very least, he can teach a young center the ropes.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
This is the only Redskins FA that McVay picked up. It's not like Spags or Fisher who picked up former Giants and Titans respectively. I'm sure he's an upgrade over Barnes too

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I believe firmly that the Rams still have a vacancy in the starting OL @ center.

Yep gotta keep perspective here. Sullivan's a stop-gap guy, depth signing. Still need to address Center if they can align value/need, or at the least get value/need on an OG who they think can move over. Still a big need for the line if they want to get this thing right.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is the only Redskins FA that McVay picked up. It's not like Spags or Fisher who picked up former Giants and Titans respectively. I'm sure he's an upgrade over Barnes too
True, McVay just gutted the Skins coaching staff well him and Shanny.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Another great move , center was a big concern since goff had pressure up the middle on almost every anal. Very happy they went vet over draft as well.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Perfect. Sullivan will fit well being a veteran and known to be a smart player.

This helps us in the draft. It helps with Mcvay's talk of cross training one of our young guys already. It helps with Goff and other players along that offensive line.

Kromer now has a whole bunch of young guys to coach up. With a couple of vets that will be perfect watchful eyes.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Sullivan was a excellent OC with the Viking. You never know with a back injury. If he is healthy it's a big upgrade. Everyone took their time on this one. Good signing with potential to become a very good singing. Don't know the contract but, I bet it has some incentives and is low risk for the Rams.
Considering how long they took to sign him, I'm sure the Rams are satisfied with Sullivan's health!(y);)

Stl2La

Hall of Fame

The "Kromer guy" was offered a easily matchable contract for a reason. If Kromer honestly believed he was that good or the answer to our lines problems he would of been offered more. Mangold is 3 years older than Sullivan and has an extensive injury history himself. Sullivan will be a good stop gap while the team grooms his replacement.