Rams Sign C John Sullivan

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wmc540

Pro Bowler
As long as he decides to block someone on routine stunts, he should be an upgrade.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Whitworth-whoever is backing up Saffold-Sullivan-Havenstein-Robinson

Hells yeeeah

Zodi

Hall of Fame
andrew-whitworth-ot-cincinnati-bengals_pg_600.jpg

uspw_6565720_crop_north.jpeg

john-sullivan-nfl-chicago-bears-minnesota-vikings.jpg

rob-havenstein-nfl-preseason-st.-louis-rams-oakland-raiders.jpg

greg-robinson-70c2050bef095ed8.jpg

Psycho_X

Legend
Takes the desperation out of our draft at least. Should be able to focus on BPA now with plenty of stop gap veterans to get us over that pesky coaching/philosophy change hump.

Todd59

Rookie
I hope this signing doesn't keep them from drafting Pat Elflein in the 3rd, if he's there.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Am I now correct in thinking that we don't have any "holes" on the team. What I mean is that we could put a starting team out tomorrow without any missing personnel?

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Am I now correct in thinking that we don't have any "holes" on the team. What I mean is that we could put a starting team out tomorrow without any missing personnel?

That's correct although im not sure we have anything scary at the receiver position.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I believe firmly that the Rams still have a vacancy in the starting OL @ center.

IMO John Sullivan just moved Demetrius Rhaney further back into a large center cadre prospects JS proved last season that he was still physically able to fill the reserve back up position for an NFL team after two very serious back to back operations that normally would cause a quick retirement for most all over 30 players. These operations robbed JS any real ability for full time HD work as a NFL starter.

JS is a good sign for this Ram Org though & should bring more heady well seasoned top shelf character locker room leadership to this young Ram team.(y) I also see this hire as good help to Aaron Kromer where JS can him work to find the right Ram OL'er to groom to be the starter day one when the season begins. JS knows McVays system & is sure to speed up the learning scale of the younger greener center prospects like a Wichmann or Donnal or Arkin or Brown even a Williams to be the new starting young Ram center.

The other element that was mentioned above helps the Org. bringing some options & relieving pressure of having to secure a center prospect with one of the 2 second day draft selections. Now Snead & McVay can breath easy to wait till the last day of the draft to bring in a pure center type that fills Kromer's desire. It would be a good thing to land a prospect like OC Chase Roullier a senior from Wyoming who has some size & could get bigger with one of our two 6th round selections into the mix of the five mention above 3 rd season OL'ers I mentioned above & the veteran JS..

The marriage of Snead & McVay continues to sparkle:).

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You still have a hole @ center. Sullivan just bumped Rhaney off the 53 player roster.
Yep...we need a real Center that is young..Sullivan is good news for this year, but we need a rookie pushing him immediately.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Another step in a great start to this off-season. Not a long term solution but he will suffice until one is found.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Good signing. A stop gap to make us more competitive while we look for a longer term solution.