Rams should give Scott Linehan a second chance

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
My favourite part of the Linehan regime was the end.

FRO

Legend
No actually they won't. The argument is always the same, it was a learning experience. McD is a hot property at 11-17 and he did that at Denver ( a well regarded organization) and he was the guy who took Tebow in the first round (very controversial. Linehan came to what is considered a bad organization (heck many on this board rip on it), was saddled with Hasslett (who has a reputation as a snake around the league).

I realize that to you guys he left a bad taste, but it won't stop a guy from getting a second shot at head coach (note that it will NOT be the Rams though).
He inherited Holt, Bruce, Pace, Jackson, Bulger, would have inherited Faulk too but Faulk didn't want to play for him. The guy inherited a top notch offense that went to the playoffs 2/3 times the previous 3 years. The guy should never be a head coach again. Never.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Linehan inherited a very good team with a lot of talent. Not all records are equal.

I thought he inherited a 6-10 team. Good, not great passing attack and the defense and special teams were already below average.

Linehan's W/L record was really the least of it for me. His total inability to command a locker room and franchise killing drafts are what did him in.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I realize that to you guys he left a bad taste, but it won't stop a guy from getting a second shot at head coach (note that it will NOT be the Rams though).

McDaniels has also been offensive coordinator of Super Bowl winning teams, Linehan has not, so IMO, that in itself dismisses the comparison. As soon as Scott Linehan coordinates a Super Bowl winning team then, it does upon up the possibility.

FRO

Legend
I thought he inherited a 6-10 team. Good, not great passing attack and the defense and special teams were already below average.

Linehan's W/L record was really the least of it for me. His total inability to command a locker room and franchise killing drafts are what did him in.
Bulger only played 8 games that year a 7th round rookie got a few starts. That 7th round rookie had a nice career, but Linehan got rid of him.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'd rather eat cow shit than see Loserhan back as a head coach.

TexasRam

Legend
perfect example of a guy that should stay an X's and O's guy. He can't draft unless you consider Joe Klopenstein a solid pick.

I like Linehans play design. But like everyone else he needs personnel to be successful.

Put it this way, I would take him over Boras in a second but until we get an Oline he wouldn't be successful.

FRO

Legend
He got a team loaded with aging players and bloated contracts.....the Rams drafting from the Martz years left the team in serious trouble (yes they had Jackson, but not much else that had any life left in it).
Bulger, Jackson, Curtis were all under 30. He had nice pieces to work with.

FRO

Legend
perfect example of a guy that should stay an X's and O's guy. He can't draft unless you consider Joe Klopenstein a solid pick.

I like Linehans play design. But like everyone else he needs personnel to be successful.

Put it this way, I would take him over Boras in a second but until we get an Oline he wouldn't be successful.
Or Tye Hill. Or Adam Carriker. Or Brian Leonard. He had the worst drafts in the history of the world. Linehan is largely responsible for the 15-65 5 year run.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Someone will want him as HC after we win the Super Bowl.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Only as OC and only if he brings the entire Dallas Oline with him.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Theres been plenty of HCs that failed their 1st time and were much improved the next time, so that doesnt bother me as much as the fact hes not even the best OC available to be a HC.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think he had a lot of input.

He did and did not even have the gonads to stick to his own convictions. He really wanted Jay Cutler and had the opportunity to draft him, but was talked out of hit by Haslett and the Rams traded down enabling the Broncos to draft Cutler and selected CB Ty Hill instead who proved in his brief tenure with the Rams that he could not cover, tackle or stay healthy.

FRO

Legend
He did and did not even have the gonads to stick to his own convictions. He really wanted Jay Cutler and had the opportunity to draft him, but was talked out of hit by Haslett and the Rams traded down enabling the Broncos to draft Cutler and selected CB Ty Hill instead who proved in his brief tenure with the Rams that he could not cover, tackle or stay healthy.
Hill only lacked talent, instincts, and size. Other than that he was a great pick.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
linehan.jpg
_____

8e82537eaa675fc48a415d2ad8dc9211.jpg

dawn-of-a-new-era_1.jpg

Kyle-Shanahan-Infographic1.jpg