Rams select Mike Thomas WR with #206 Overall

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I had a Twitter conversation with Matt Waldman about Thomas a while back.

6lnP05n.jpg

To which I asked, "Why?"

OFytbfb.jpg

Ut8Li6O.jpg

qCaZ77W.jpg
I was more concerned that a health or character flaw was what dropped him.
He seems like the kinda player that GB, Sea even NE takes much earlier based on is measurables and the outstanding plays he demonstrated he can make. They don't even consider his technique or route development since they are going to each him how they want him to play.
Steal by the Rams But needs a little time. Goff will make him a rich man.

Ram Spam

UDFA
My only question about Thomas is how he fell so far? He should have went in 3rd at latest. Id there something teams see that analyst and fans don't. He should knock Quick off the team.

Are some people confusing Mike Thomas with Michael Thomas from Ohio State? Michael Thomas from Ohio state was projected to go in the early rounds and was drafted in the second round, 47th overall, by the New Orleans Saints. We drafted Mike Thomas from Southern Miss, who was not ranked or expected to go in the early rounds. Just thought I'd clarify since I initially mistook our draft pick for the other.

20160501_075127.jpg
20160501_074300.jpg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Brian Quick is an "incumbent" now? Good grief. Id rather see Nick Foles on the roster game #1 than Quick. Britt and Austin are the only true incumbent and I'd say Marquez would be the only guy I'd like to see come back. Bailey comeback notwithstanding I see 4 WR on the team and would still like to see Boldin

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm picturing how much better Thomas be with Goff as his QB!!:snicker::shades::D

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Quick needs to put pressure on himself, so to speak. Rams have been very patient with his development. They could have cut bait this year and no one would have really bat an eye, but he'll get another year to shed that "project" label.
Even after today's draft/UDFA he's still got the edge over every WR on this roster in terms of measurables, potential, ceiling, years in the system, and presumably...first team reps. Has to get it done now with high production, durability and consistency.

IMO he just doesn't have what it takes to be a starting caliber NFL WR. Showed some toughness coming back from injury and run blocking but he just plays too soft out there as a pass catcher. Guys built like Brian Quick should be out there stealing catches, fighting for balls, making other defensive backs look soft. He hasn't done that. Disappointing.
I won't be the least bit surprised if he doesn't make the final 53 now, with these young competitors we drafted/added today.
Completely agree.

I was a huge supporter of Quicks. His time is up, though.
I know the injury was a bad one, and he may not have been 100 % last year, but this year he should be ready.

If he wasn't a 2nd rnd pick, he may not have made it through his 1st training camp a few years ago.

I hope he comes out hot this year. We could use the help.
I'm not holding my breath though this year, like I have in years past.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Are some people confusing Mike Thomas with Michael Thomas from Ohio State? Michael Thomas from Ohio state was projected to go in the early rounds and was drafted in the second round, 47th overall, by the New Orleans Saints. We drafted Mike Thomas from Southern Miss, who was not ranked or expected to go in the early rounds. Just thought I'd clarify since I initially mistook our draft pick for the other.

View attachment 13474 View attachment 13475
I don't think so. I had this Michael Thomas as a 2nd round talent myself. A lot of people had him rated very highly.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
:argue: This isn't going to be like getting the wrong Steve Smith again, is it?
:argue:Don't even bring that up. This kid is awesome.
:argue:...or the wrong Curt Warner.
:argue:Do you even pay attention?! Ours was BETTER. And it was 'Kurt'.

JC-3

UDFA
Name
JC-3

Nope. Just an overlooked, underrated player that we nabbed... Should have gone in the 4th.

nighttrain

Legend
I dunno. Givens was a lot more stiff, IMO, and wasn't nearly as willing to high-point balls in traffic.
If I had to make a comparison to any Ram, I'd lean more toward Isaac Bruce - if only in terms of his athleticism and fluidity.
i would absolutely love for this to be true
train

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Tron, if I said you can know nothing about these two men except what you can derive from these images and you must choose one as the most confident, which would you choose:

View attachment 13468 View attachment 13469

Goff looks like he's thinking. Wentz looks like he's thinking "oh fuck, what did I just get myself into?". If anything, Wentz is the one that looks scared. It's one of those half assed smiles to cover up real emotions.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Goff looks like he's thinking. Wentz looks like he's thinking "oh freak, what did I just get myself into?". If anything, Wentz is the one that looks scared. It's one of those half assed smiles to cover up real emotions.

I figured it out.

Goffbatt.JPG

Wentzfunny.JPG

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
He reminds me of Chris Givens with better ball skills.

I was thinking about this earlier. While he's probably already a better route runner than Givens, I feel like him in Givens' roll would get him contributing right away while he fully develops his routes. I can say, I really think Snisher killed this draft. We have a deep threat (Thomas) who I think will contribute right away, an intermediate slot guy who isn't afraid of contact...FINALLY (Cooper), and Tavon there do provide the headaches.

If our additions to the coaching staff on the offensive side of the ball can speed up the development of these guys, we're set.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame

I can see how a casual fan or sports writer could get confused.
But the only real difference is the one from OSU had better coaching.

nighttrain

Legend
I was thinking about this earlier. While he's probably already a better route runner than Givens, I feel like him in Givens' roll would get him contributing right away while he fully develops his routes. I can say, I really think Snisher killed this draft. We have a deep threat (Thomas) who I think will contribute right away, an intermediate slot guy who isn't afraid of contact...FINALLY (Cooper), and Tavon there do provide the headaches.

If our additions to the coaching staff on the offensive side of the ball can speed up the development of these guys, we're set.
and our new tight end, Higbee
train