Rams select Mike Thomas WR with #206 Overall

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Outside of Austin and Gurley, who have they drafted or FA hired that you are wowed by?
Havenstein, Brown, Bennie Cunningham, Sted, Wichman, and probably Hekker...wowed...I really like Tavon, GRob, and Mason...but I feel ya...they can do better..and they will. OROY gives me hope...

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
My only question about Thomas is how he fell so far? He should have went in 3rd at latest. Id there something teams see that analyst and fans don't. He should knock Quick off the team.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Can you post it? I haven't seen it. Would love to see it honestly
I saw it, it was real.
My only question about Thomas is how he fell so far? He should have went in 3rd at latest. Id there something teams see that analyst and fans don't. He should knock Quick off the team.
that is what will be great about Hard Knocks. We will probably find out. He wasn't even invited to the combine, although he led FBS in a couple categories, at least one.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

While he produced for Southern Miss against mostly inferior competition, there are questions about him doing it against top corners. The pluses for him are his hands and his work ethic, so I think he will be able to produce at times, especially if the Rams have another good receiver or two, so the focus can't be on him too much. An excellent pick for late in the 6th round.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
While he produced for Southern Miss against mostly inferior competition, there are questions about him doing it against top corners. The pluses for him are his hands and his work ethic, so I think he will be able to produce at times, especially if the Rams have another good receiver or two, so the focus can't be on him too much. An excellent pick for late in the 6th round.
He did well against a good corner at Nebraska, and Washington. He needs a little work on his release, hand play. He needs to work on his route running, saw him run a lot of similar routes, but he does a lot of good things, first and foremost, he's good at stacking his guy, then adjusting to the ball.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Thomas should put some pressure on Quick.
Quick needs to put pressure on himself, so to speak. Rams have been very patient with his development. They could have cut bait this year and no one would have really bat an eye, but he'll get another year to shed that "project" label.
Even after today's draft/UDFA he's still got the edge over every WR on this roster in terms of measurables, potential, ceiling, years in the system, and presumably...first team reps. Has to get it done now with high production, durability and consistency.

IMO he just doesn't have what it takes to be a starting caliber NFL WR. Showed some toughness coming back from injury and run blocking but he just plays too soft out there as a pass catcher. Guys built like Brian Quick should be out there stealing catches, fighting for balls, making other defensive backs look soft. He hasn't done that. Disappointing.
I won't be the least bit surprised if he doesn't make the final 53 now, with these young competitors we drafted/added today.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What is Warner determined about in that gif? Last game of his career getting blown out (not blaming) and had previously received a concussion in that game.

If he's determining anything, it's his future health and career.

Definitely not a good example of him, or anyome, being "determined".
Looks like he's constipated and had his jaw wired shut from getting abused in Arizona.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Also, not like any successful QB has ever had poor body language or facial expressions. Not like the Mannings (especially Eli) have dumb looks on their faces or slump when things go wrong in a game. Not like Brady sat down, head down, hands clasped in disappointment in the middle of a superbowl. Or even Rodgers. Ever see that guy nervous or out of his zone? Kid was seen as a top prospect in a draft once, must have been glowing with confidence during that time in the green room, right?

Exactly. Doesn't mean we don't note it or get mobbed for noting it either.

This whole discussion is so idiotic it's humorous that people are keeping it going. But Rodgers in the green room? Ask and you shall receive.

17658461-mmmain.jpg

Wow that exudes confidence!!!

How about Peyton Manning?

peyton-manning.jpg

Holy cow I'm ready to follow that man and charge that bunker!

I know how about the winningest prick the NFL has seen in a long time at QB.

tom-brady.jpg

I can just feel the quiet confidence from that proud expression on his face!!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Sorry, I had no idea people would blow their panties out when I observed the obvious. Any honest person would note the difference between their personas. One was confident, one was not. I know the difference. I absolutely know the difference. Perhaps you do not and can learn from what I'm saying.

It's not a slam on Goff, he may have just been out of his element, but I would have prefered, and completely expected, that he look confident. If you can't look confident as the #1 NFL draft prospect, when can you?

OK, let's just say, he looked concerned. Deeply concerned. That's a crap load of pressure.
Dude! Seriously? One shot too many? Don't pull this shit. You are a better poster than what you are showing here.
OK, we'll leave it here.

Should have done that a few pages ago.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I saw it. Think it was from a bar, not sure.

Back to Thomas, he plays hard, has great body control, sets corners up well, understands coverages, times jumps well. There is a lot to like about him.
My only question ... and this comes from not really knowing too much or seeing too much of him in college but ,,,, with his stats and the highlights I have seen.....why did he drop so far? Does anybody know? Looks to have decent speed and great hands. His size is almost optimal. For the life of me I don't understand why some of these kids drop so far down the boards. Especially in a class that is supposedly "weak at the position". I would think that would make the better/more productive ones rise a bit.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I had a Twitter conversation with Matt Waldman about Thomas a while back.

6lnP05n.jpg

To which I asked, "Why?"

OFytbfb.jpg

Ut8Li6O.jpg

qCaZ77W.jpg

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This whole discussion is so idiotic it's humorous that people are keeping it going. But Rodgers in the green room? Ask and you shall receive.

17658461-mmmain.jpg

Wow that exudes confidence!!!

How about Peyton Manning?

peyton-manning.jpg

Holy cow I'm ready to follow that man and charge that bunker!

I know how about the winningest prick the NFL has seen in a long time at QB.

tom-brady.jpg

I can just feel the quiet confidence from that proud expression on his face!!!

Exactly.

Warner looks like a quitter to me!

10638851-large.jpg

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
To be fair, there is video of basically all of Fargo cheering the pick on, so he's got that going.
Didn't know the population of Fargo was 257.

:burp: "Maybe the rest of the town was put through a wood chipper."

Last edited:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He reminds me of Chris Givens with better ball skills.
I dunno. Givens was a lot more stiff, IMO, and wasn't nearly as willing to high-point balls in traffic.
If I had to make a comparison to any Ram, I'd lean more toward Isaac Bruce - if only in terms of his athleticism and fluidity.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I dunno. Givens was a lot more stiff, IMO, and wasn't nearly as willing to high-point balls in traffic.
If I had to make a comparison to any Ram, I'd lean more toward Isaac Bruce - if only in terms of his athleticism and fluidity.
I guess I was referring more to the speed and build. Ball skills and body control- much better. If we got something even CLOSE to Bruce it would be amazing.

Also I am excited to see Cooper, but would not be shocked if Thomas has a better career.