Rams select Mike Thomas WR with #206 Overall

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Or maybe you're just blind to the obvious.

Pop quiz:

You have been captured by aliens. They are going to snip off your balls unless you can answer this very complicated human emotion question. Which human looks more confident?

View attachment 13470 View attachment 13471

What do you think? Give up the balls or admit the truth?
Being laughy and chipper is a sign o
Britt is so underrated. His clutch catches last season and missed opportunities were uncountable. Dude made hay out of dirt. I don't know that Goff will change his stats trajectory on the long balls, but the intermediates should go way up.
agree 100%.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'm sorry but that coyote isn't scared, it's in stalking mode.It's the teeth and placement of the feet. I've killed a few hundred so I kinda know.
Though whoever did the mount did a great job !

I'm a shooter, not a hunter, not that there is anything wrong with it if it's needed for sustenance. That's what I would expect a cornered animal to look like, but it's not what I know. What I do know is the expressions of fear and confidence in young men in stressful situations. Old men as well. What he was expressing is the guy next to him better grab his pack and help him up.

Last edited:

RamzFanz

Damnit
I honestly don't see either as being less comfortable than the other.

And while you infer that a blank face = fear and only fear, you won't ask yourself of the smile of Wentz comes from a nervous laugh or anything but pure confidence.

Yeah, the happy careless expression can mean under stress and playing it off. I'm just drawing on experience and saying I've never seen that on a man who was truly scared. Just my opinion.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Also, and I swear this is it, you say "admit the truth" about who looks more confident in this alien castration scenario. As if there is only one set way to infer the emotions of these faces and that way leads to conclusions that YOU find to be correct. Your opinion is the absolute truth on this subject? Come on man.

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
I'm sorry but that coyote isn't scared, it's in stalking mode.It's the teeth and placement of the feet. I've killed a few hundred so I kinda know.
Though whoever did the mount did a great job !

I've had to deal with these bastards for the better part of a decade now. They came down here because of the deer population. I love dogs in general, but coyotes are nasty creatures-- scavengers, and attacking pets and livestock. And if you've ever come across one in a trap, then you know they employ a similar reaction to the one depicted in the mount above, which was my point; physical appearance does not equate to internal dialogue.

Another one in "stalking mode"

th

I guess this is "one too many at the bar and couldn't find my keys in time" mode:

th

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
We gave up on that 4 pages back.Maybe a new thread about it should be started and let this one drift off to wherever it ends up.

Nah, I think we can spot weld and tape up this titanic of a thread and continue sailing to our destination.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'm a shooter, not a hunter, not that there is anything wrong with it if it's needed for sustenance. That's what I would expect a cornered animal to look like, but it's not what I know. What I do know is the expressions of fear and confidence in young men in stressful situations.
I don't know if it is any consolation for you, but Goff Skyped right after the pick, to the Rams draft party, and he seemed extremely confident, and ready to be the QB to lead us into the playoffs.

Plus, I've seen him play enough to know that he never quits.

It is all I will say on the subject online.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Where is the video of ndsu players celebrating wentz as the #2 overall? Didn't see that one...

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Where is the video of ndsu players celebrating wentz as the #2 overall? Didn't see that one...

To be fair, there is video of basically all of Fargo cheering the pick on, so he's got that going.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
To be fair, there is video of basically all of Fargo cheering the pick on, so he's got that going.
Can you post it? I haven't seen it. Would love to see it honestly

RamzFanz

Damnit
I often will put a stoic face, sort of a lack of emotion, when I don't want to show emotion in an inappropriate spot. Such as being joyful about something, before others are supposed to know about it. It's a mechanism to hide things until I should reveal them.

OTOH, I have seen people who allow the moment to overwhelm them, giving them a goofy expression.

The former is sort of what Goff looks like in the picture. The latter is how Wentz looks. However, unlike some posters here apparently, I don't know them well enough to properly evaluate if that is what they are doing. Perhaps Goff is introspective and nervous about how in a matter of minutes he will be leaving childhood behind forever - college will be over, with millions of dollars awaiting, and millions of fans counting on him. Perhaps Wentz has just understood the punchline of a joke he was told a few days before.

We just don't know.

OK, we'll leave it here.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Hell, Goff looks more disinterested than anything there.

Why try to compare the facial expressions of these guys at this point? It's a done deal. All its doing is trying to spur a debate between the two, or, raise doubt in people about one of them.

Nope, just a factual observation. I'm happy with Goff, especially after this draft. I'm tired of being appointed agendas when I really had no horse in this race.

OK, we'll leave it here.

Last edited:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Can you post it? I haven't seen it. Would love to see it honestly
I saw it. Think it was from a bar, not sure.

Back to Thomas, he plays hard, has great body control, sets corners up well, understands coverages, times jumps well. There is a lot to like about him.

RamzFanz

Damnit
From the time I spent teaching college students, I'd say that the Wentz picture is not confident, but somebody not really paying attention to what was going around him. So by default I'd say Goff is more confident, and you've just been castrated, apparently.

College students?

OK, we'll leave it here.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I don't know if it is any consolation for you, but Goff Skyped right after the pick, to the Rams draft party, and he seemed extremely confident, and ready to be the QB to lead us into the playoffs.

Plus, I've seen him play enough to know that he never quits.

It is all I will say on the subject online.

OK, we'll leave it here.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I've had to deal with these bastards for the better part of a decade now. They came down here because of the deer population. I love dogs in general, but coyotes are nasty creatures-- scavengers, and attacking pets and livestock. And if you've ever come across one in a trap, then you know they employ a similar reaction to the one depicted in the mount above, which was my point; physical appearance does not equate to internal dialogue.

Another one in "stalking mode"

th

I guess this is "one too many at the bar and couldn't find my keys in time" mode:

th

I grew up on a farm and had my own for years. They are nothing but big rats. I've lost livestock, dogs , cats to them. When my cousin was 8 a coulpe attacked her and scarred her up bad. Kinda ruined her life.I know they serve a purpose in nature,but they have to be kept in control.