Rams roster cuts are starting

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Rams now $12.mil under the CAP for top 51.

Interesting to see who the next guy they try to extend is. Obvious guys are Brockers, TJ, and Tree, but there are many reasons all those deals not to get done.

Brockers- Brockers is going to command around 10 mil a year on the open market and I am not sure if the Rams will give him that with the money already invested in D-line and with Donald's Von Miller contract right around the corner

Tree- Rams already picked up his 5th year option which is very reasonable, so no rush, but they just extended Tavon after picking up his 5th year option, but the WR amount was less reasonable. They could wait and see more of his transition to MLB or strike now before the price goes up.

TJ- Probably would be anslam dunk if not for his offseason arrest, which also probably cost him the captaincy. He has also only played 16 games once. Could still happen because his position is the least expensive of the bunch.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Good time to show it to NT Brockers;)

I'm probably the biggest Brockers fan on here (if you want to go by my ranting and raving when he was rumored to be traded in the 2015 draft), so an extension for him before he hits the open market would be awesome.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I could see TJ being lowest priority with his injury history and recent off the field issues and more importantly if they think Alexander could be the future SS.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Interesting to see who the next guy they try to extend is. Obvious guys are Brockers, TJ, and Tree, but there are many reasons all those deals not to get done.

Brockers- Brockers is going to command around 10 mil a year on the open market and I am not sure if the Rams will give him that with the money already invested in D-line and with Donald's Von Miller contract right around the corner

Tree- Rams already picked up his 5th year option which is very reasonable, so no rush, but they just extended Tavon after picking up his 5th year option, but the WR amount was less reasonable. They could wait and see more of his transition to MLB or strike now before the price goes up.

TJ- Probably would be anslam dunk if not for his offseason arrest, which also probably cost him the captaincy. He has also only played 16 games once. Could still happen because his position is the least expensive of the bunch.
Rams loose Brockers with no other NT on the roster.... Aaron Donald might not be worth the investment if he does not get the same kind of support in the middle of this defense. It could be wasted $$ Donald playing next to a light weight 280 pound DT like Easley or 269 pound Sims or 267 pound Westbrooks. Rams need Brockers & I can not imagine what would happen if Brockers was to go down for any length of time.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Rams loose Brockers with no other NT on the roster.... Aaron Donald might not be worth the investment if he does not get the same kind of support in the middle of this defense. It could be wasted $$ Donald playing next to a light weight 280 pound DT like Easley or 269 pound Sims or 267 pound Westbrooks. Rams need Brockers & I can not imagine what would happen if Brockers was to go down for any length of time.

Aaron Donald is worth the investment Borckers or not. Making him one of the highest paid defenders in the league is a no brainer no matter who he is playing with.

Rams clearly don't value the NT position very highly. This is the third year in a row going without a backup NT and with the third tackle being more of a penetrator.

I am not saying cut Brockers now and go with small guys. I am saying Rams probably cant afford to pay 3 d lineman 10 million plus especially with one Donald being one of the highest paid players in the league. If Brockers is gone after the year they have the draft and FA to get a big two down guy to take up space for Donald at a much cheaper price than 10 million per year.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
A screen grab of the trim down to 75 and 53 if anyone is interested.
upload_2016-9-3_18-15-57.png

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Rams clearly don't value the NT position very highly. This is the third year in a row going without a backup NT and with the third tackle being more of a penetrator.

Rams should have kept Fairley. He's only costing N.O. $3.mil this season and he graded equally well at run and pass blocking. PFF graded him as the overall 21'st best DT in the league last season, pretty damn good for a rotational player. As it is, we have no one of his size who can do what Fairley did in his role. jmo.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Rams should have kept Fairley. He's only costing N.O. $3.mil this season and he graded equally well at run and pass blocking. PFF graded him as the overall 21'st best DT in the league last season, pretty damn good for a rotational player. As it is, we have no one of his size who can do what Fairley did in his role. jmo.

I agree Rams probably should have kept Fairley at that price, but he isn't the run stuffing NT people are clamoring for behind Brockers either. His best position is 3 tech like Easley. Fairley was in shape last year played about 290 about the same size as Easley, but Fairley is taller. Easley graded very highly according to PFF as well so I have no real issues with replacing him with Fairley at about $2.5 million cheaper.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm surprised they only kept 8 DL and cut Cam Thomas. Who backs up Brockers now? Thomas played well in pre- season games and filled in nicely for Brockers. Keeping Arkin, Murphy and Rhaney also has me scratching my head. I can't wait to see the depth charts, especially for the OL.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I'm surprised they only kept 8 DL and cut Cam Thomas. Who backs up Brockers now? Thomas played well in pre- season games and filled in nicely for Brockers. Keeping Arkin, Murphy and Rhaney also has me scratching my head. I can't wait to see the depth charts, especially for the OL.

Thomas' contract was terminated like Ayers was. I have a feeling they did some shit they shouldn't have.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Who is the best at it ?? He almost caught 4

The player that was most consistant at fielding punts and was the first 1 I saw field 3 punts without dropping the first 2 balls was Chase Reynolds, Tavon would always toss 1 out to far to complete the drill successfully, I believe Cooper caught all 3 once.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
2016 FINAL 53

QB (3)
Case Keenum
Sean Mannion
Jared Goff

WR (7)
Kenny Britt
Tavon Austin
Pharoh Cooper
Nelson Spruce
Mike Thomas
Brian Quick
Bradley Marquez

RB (4)
Todd Gurley
Benny Cunningham
Malcolm Brown
Chase Reynolds

TE (4)
Lance Kendricks
Cory Harkey
Tyler Higbee
Tammarick Hemingway

OL (10)
Greg Robinson
Rob Havenstein
Tim Barnes
Rodger Saffold
Jamon Brown
Cody Wichmann
Andrew Donnal
Demetrius Rhaney
David Arkin
Pace Murphy

Garrett Reynolds (IR)
Darrell Williams (IR)

DL (8)
Aaron Donald
Robert Quinn
Michael Brockers
William Hayes
Dominique Easley
Ethan Westbrooks
Matt Longacre
Eugene Sims

LB (6)
Alec Ogletree
Mark Barron
Bryce Hager
Josh Forrest
Nic Grigsby
Cory Littleton

CB (5)
Trumaine Johnson
EJ Gaines
Troy Hill
Lamarcus Joyner
Coty Sensabaugh

S (3)
T.J. McDonald
Maurice Alexander
Cody Davis

ST (3)
Johnny Hekker
Jake McQuaide
Greg Zuerlein

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
The official list:

View: http://www.therams.com/news-and-events/article-1/Rams-Make-53-Man-Roster-Decisions/d9eabd99-516f-482a-ba08-783512f449de

Waived:
T Isaiah Battle (Clemson)
DB Christian Bryant (Ohio State)
LB Brandon Chubb (Wake Forest)
TE Justice Cunningham (South Carolina)
DT Morgan Fox (Colorado State Pueblo)
DB Rohan Gaines (Arkansas)
RB Aaron Green (TCU)
WR Austin Hill (Arizona)
CB Mike Jordan (Missouri Western)
DB Jordan Kovacs (Michigan)
C Eric Kush (California, PA)
LB Cameron Lynch (Syracuse)
RB Terrence Magee (Louisiana State)
WR Paul McRoberts (Southeast Missouri State)
DB Marcus Roberson (Florida)
DE Ian Seau (Nevada-Reno)
DB Jabriel Washington (Alabama)
WR Duke Williams (Auburn)

Terminated Contract:
LB Akeem Ayers (UCLA)
DT Cam Thomas (North Carolina)

In addition, the team has placed OL Garrett Reynolds (North Carolina) and OL Darrell Williams (South Florida) on injured reserve.

Couple kind of surprised me...Christian Bryant simply because the DB situation isn't great...Ayers surprised a little..I was never a big fan, but having no option except guys with no or very little experience...Marcus Roberson bothers me zero...I would like to have Aaron Green or McGee before Chase Reynolds as the last RB ( I guess it's that ST thing with Reynolds again)..Garret Reynolds to IR is a blow to the quality depth on the OL..

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Battle doesn't make the practice squad that was a joke of a pick.

Geez, they used a future 5th to pick him, knowing it was a gamble but knowing also that physically he looked like a much higher pick. Gambles don't always work out. He may also end up on the PS still.

Not all late round picks work out, even for Snead. Especially with injuries.

fearsomefour

Legend
I was happy with Fairley last year especially vs the run. I have been pleased with Easely as well. I expect more pass rush from Easely than Fairly.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bit worried about these positions on paper. Lack of depth/thin talent. Can't afford any injuries at these positions. Especially DB.

LB (6)

Alec Ogletree
Mark Barron
Bryce Hager
Josh Forrest
Nic Grigsby
Cory Littleton

CB (5)
Trumaine Johnson
EJ Gaines
Troy Hill
Lamarcus Joyner
Coty Sensabaugh

S (3)
T.J. McDonald
Maurice Alexander
Cody Davis

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bit worried about these positions on paper. Lack of depth/thin talent. Can't afford any injuries at these positions. Especially DB.

LB (6)

Alec Ogletree
Mark Barron
Bryce Hager
Josh Forrest
Nic Grigsby
Cory Littleton

CB (5)
Trumaine Johnson
EJ Gaines
Troy Hill
Lamarcus Joyner
Coty Sensabaugh

S (3)
T.J. McDonald
Maurice Alexander
Cody Davis

I would hope Hill is next man up if Gaines does not play. If the Rams need to use Joyner or sensabaugh on the outside it's gonna be bombs away for the opposition.