Rams reportedly interested in Foles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
1) We had more talent on the D-line last year, yet Aaron Donald was the pick. BPA all the way
2) "We have WRs" is extremely debatable - and I sure as hell don't think there's one the roster that is/could be an upgrade over White or cooper..WR is still a lacking position on this team - and seeing as how we can't even get one to crack a 1000 yards in 7 or 8 years, I hardly believe the position is set.

I dont agree with that. Whilst I agree our offence has been rather stagnent, i'm not putting that down to a lack of talent at WR.
We've basically gone 22 games without a starting QB. That has a huge factor in it.

- Quick showed real promise at the start of last year. He was having a break out season (with austin davis throwing to him, not exactly Aaron Rodgers)
- Britt was a constant deep threat and him and quick make a great pair of physical and fast Wideouts who can block in the run game.
- Bailey is Mr reliable and should be our starting slot receiver. Never drops a ball, runs great routes. Our 3rd down WR.
- Tavon wasn't used correctly by schotty at all. You can't give a Formula 1 car to a truck driver and expect the same results. Tavon needs to up his game granted but running him between the tackles is quite frankly a stupid play. He changes games when used correctly

Im not saying we couldn't use an odel beckham type talent, but to say WR is a lacking position is slightly unfair I feel. I'd much rather fix the OL.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
What if it was just a swap of first round picks? We get 20, they get 10. It puts us in a better spot to not reach for OL help, too. 10 is too high for most of the lineman, anyways. You take LT's with top 10 picks and that's not where we'd be playing any player we took at 10 unless GRob doesn't pan out and that guy surprises.

It at least has me considering it.

I like it in general but need to review what that jump would bring in a trade. If it is worth a second rounder to swap from 20 to 10 then that is too high. The other thing is that at ten the Rams have a good chance at getting a potential stud. At 20 it seems the chances are more like getting a good player. So is Foles worth the difference between a Kevin White or Amari Cooper and a Cameron Erving? Not sure.

jjab360

Legend
I like it in general but need to review what that jump would bring in a trade. If it is worth a second rounder to swap from 20 to 10 then that is too high. The other thing is that at ten the Rams have a good chance at getting a potential stud. At 20 it seems the chances are more like getting a good player. So is Foles worth the difference between a Kevin White or Amari Cooper and a Cameron Erving? Not sure.
95% chance White and Cooper won't be there though and there's almost certain to be better talent at 20 than Erving, so the real question is the difference between Scherff and Peat or Flowers and Clemmings, imo. Tbh, I have them all ranked really close together anyway, so I don't think we'd be giving much up moving from 10 to 20.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought McCoy was due 11 million from the Eagles and that is part of why they traded him.

He might have been. But what you count for in a given year and your average per year can be very different.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nope. I'll keep the 2nd. I don't think Foles's play warrants a second and he's in the last year of his contract.
Good point, forgot about that part. Could franchise tag him, but he'd have to play 2013-ish

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I'd be fine with moving from 10 to 20 for Foles. I wouldn't be OK with giving up a 2nd.

jjab360

Legend
Nope. I'll keep the 2nd. I don't think Foles's play warrants a second and he's in the last year of his contract.
That's the biggest part, I'd almost forgotten that. I'd give up a 2nd for Foles if he was in the 1st year of a 4 year contract or he signed an extension, but a 2nd for a one year rental is a no go no matter who the player is, imo.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Please, no more receivers. I'm so tired of drafting them every year. We're fine with who we have. We have 4 guys who have the ability to go over 1,000 yards. Fix the fucking Oline and were in good shape. Foles is the type of back up we need though.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dont understand why you keep Bradford if the Rams get Foles.
Say Bradford plays the first 6-8 games, then Foles takes over and plays great the last 8-10 games? You sign Foles long term even though he's never played a full season?

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Say Bradford plays the first 6-8 games, then Foles takes over and plays great the last 8-10 games? You sign Foles long term even though he's never played a full season?
Basically because it's insurance, Foles is also a question mark. What do we gain from going from one guy who's ability to produce is under question to trading for another?

Might as well keep them and let them duke it out and get the best we can from both of them, healthy competition doesn't do anybody wrong.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Because Foles is also coming off a season ending injury and Bradford is the better QB(imo).

Why would you trade for Foles then cut Bradford? It would leave you in the same situation you were in last year...if Foles goes down, who do you have?

You could franchise Foles in that situation and let Bradford walk.

jjab360

Legend
I think it's more likely we gain a mid round pick along with Foles if we're trading down from 10 to 20. I doubt we'd just give up a second or third round pick for him and then only be left with four picks.