Rams reportedly interested in Foles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrc

UDFA
Name
Jr
I think they should cut Bradford if they can get Foles.

MFaulk107

The Realness
If we can trade to get Foles and KEEP Bradford than I'd be down.
But cutting Bradford??? I'd say that's really dumb. Bradford realistically can be a top 13 QB, me being optimistic, I'd say he can be top 8.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I think they should cut Bradford if they can get Foles.
Why cut Bradford right away if they obtain Foles? Wouldn't you let them battle it out in camp to decide who is the better QB? If it truly is Bradford, Foles is a great backup (and is paid like one). If Foles beats out Bradford, we can cut Bradford and move on, using the extra cap space to resign other players whose contracts expire later. Why cut him as soon as you obtain Foles?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

View: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/574710220577992704

Foles might already be dealt and we don't know it yet. Probably a handshake deal involving the team to move up for Mariota.

Correct if the Eagles are moving up to get Mariota then Foles is involved in the deal, IMO, with the Jets perhaps, but the Rams could throw a monkey wrench into things and trade up with the Jaguars, but that won't happen as the Rams seem okay being on the outside looking in.

ram007

Starter
If we can trade to get Foles and KEEP Bradford than I'd be down.
But cutting Bradford??? I'd say that's really dumb. Bradford realistically can be a top 13 QB, me being optimistic, I'd say he can be top 8.

QBs lose too much if they are not working with their offensive team. Bradford coming back after nearly 20 month absence means, he will end up in the bottom 16 when 2015 comes to a pass. I have no confidence in this man except that he is the best option for 2015. Period.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Correct if the Eagles are moving up to get Mariota then Foles is involved in the deal, IMO, with the Jets perhaps, but the Rams could throw a monkey wrench into things and trade up with the Jaguars, but that won't happen as the Rams seem okay being on the outside looking in.

"In Bradford we trust." (n)

MFaulk107

The Realness
QBs lose too much if they are not working with their offensive team. Bradford coming back after nearly 20 month absence means, he will end up in the bottom 16 when 2015 comes to a pass. I have no confidence in this man except that he is the best option for 2015. Period.
HAVE FAITH DAMMIT!

MFaulk107

The Realness
Alright. Alright. Don't scream at me. I will continue to pretend I have faith in him.
That's all us Bradford fans ask of you.
I most defiantly understand where your coming with him not in the O for some months, but it's not like he hasn't been with them at all for 20 months.
They talk and have practice all the time together.....just not many regular season games with each other.
And as you said, he is our best option if we were to bring in anyone, I'd gurantee Bradford would beat them out for the starting job.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The point of acquiring Foles would be to keep Bradford. That would give us two QBs with season ending injuries last year. Hopefully, the pair of them could play a combined 16 games and then we could decide who we want to keep after the season.(because both are in the last year of their contract)

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The point of acquiring Foles would be to keep Bradford. That would give us two QBs with season ending injuries last year. Hopefully, the pair of them could play a combined 16 games and then we could decide who we want to keep after the season.(because both are in the last year of their contract)

amen to that. let them fight it out. we know foles can be good and limit turnovers although he was shaky last season. still a better option in my eyes than cutler.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
amen to that. let them fight it out. we know foles can be good and limit turnovers although he was shaky last season. still a better option in my eyes than cutler.

Maybe. But he's going to cost a lot more than Cutler in terms of draft pick compensation and Foles has been a very turnover prone guy too aside from the 2013 season. In 2014, he turned it over 13 times in 8 games. In 2012 under Andy Reid, he turned it over 8 times in 7 games.

So you take the good with the bad...in Foles's case, we'll have to either trade down with Philly or give up a draft pick to get him but we keep Bradford and Foles is younger than Cutler. However, Foles or Bradford are going to have to get paid after the season if we want to keep them and it's possible that neither are our QB of the future. In Cutler's case, we don't keep Bradford but we also likely don't give up a draft pick. However, Cutler is about $1.1 million more expensive this year than the Foles/Bradford combo and we'd have to pay him $16 million in 2016 but that also gives us time to find a QB of the future. Pros and cons to both deals.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
If we get Foles, I don't see us cutting ties from Bradford, it'd really just put us right back in the same situation we're already in right now. A complete unknown who we have no idea if he can do it or not. Might as well keep them and let them duke it out in camp. Lighting a fire under Bradford's ass might actually do something worthwhile.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

That would be a grand plan, however, IMO, Foles either stays of is part of the trade up deal for Mariota.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike

What are the Eaglets doing ??? Cut McCoy only to apparently pick up Frank Gore...'Splain that one to me please

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
What are the Eaglets doing ??? Cut McCoy only to apparently pick up Frank Gore...'Splain that one to me please

They are going with a committee approach and Gore is part of that committee and will end up costing much less.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
They are going with a committee approach and Gore is part of that committee and will end up costing much less.

That's it.

Me; if I'm building a team I'm not sinking a lot of money in a RB. That money is needed elsewhere.

I'm filling the position with a steady diet of young legs, mid/late picks, UDFA. If I want some experience mixed in, maybe a short deal with a guy like Gore.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's it.

Me; if I'm building a team I'm not sinking a lot of money in a RB. That money is needed elsewhere.

I'm filling the position with a steady diet of young legs, mid/late picks, UDFA. If I want some experience mixed in, maybe a short deal with a guy like Gore.

If I'm building a team, I'm utilizing the talent I have and the talent I can acquire. Basically, if Marshall Faulk wants to be the highest paid HB in the league and the Colts don't want to pay him...I'll happily pay him and take him off their hands at a discount.