Rams reportedly interested in Foles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jjab360

Legend
http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/7475/nick-foles

Towards the bottom, "older news."
It's rotoworld, so you have to skip the commentary and go to their source links.
Thanks, X.
http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/eagles-injury-update-foles-fine-boykin-isnt
http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/eagles-injury-update-foles-fine-boykin-isnt

Like I said nothing official, but Foles was taking a serious beating early last year. Is it a coincidence that the same shoulder that reportedly had him "writhing in pain" against Washington week 3 was the shoulder he fell on when he broke his collar bone to end his season? Maybe, maybe not.
I doubt Kelly keeps Sanchez instead of Foles if Foles is indeed starting caliber.
Or Kelly keeps Sanchez instead of Foles because Foles is starting caliber. Sanchez knows his role as backup to probably Mariota who Kelly is obsessed with and didn't ask for much money though he probably could've gotten more in a QB starved market. Foles has tasted too much success to regress now though, he won't be happy on the bench and Kelly knows it.

Besides, we're talking about someone who let possibly the most explosive trio of skill players in the NFL (DJ, Maclin, McCoy) go without even batting an eye. Are we really going to put too much stock into why this guy does the things he does? Reminds me of when McDaniels blew up Denver and let Cutler and BMarsh go in their prime. Doesn't make them any less of a player just some coaches make weird decisions.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/7475/nick-foles

Towards the bottom, "older news."
It's rotoworld, so you have to skip the commentary and go to their source links.

This is the only one I find on a possible shoulder injury. Doesn't seem like anything any other QB doesn't deal with constantly.

Foles has taken some massive hits this season, most notably on his left (non-throwing) shoulder and ribs. But coach Chip Kelly confirmed his quarterback hasn't needed any MRIs or further testing. Now coming off the worst performance of his NFL career, a healthy Foles will be an excellent bet to bounce back against the Rams' leaky secondary.
But I did find several references like these in that same section:

Foles was not sharp yet again, often throwing off his back foot and turning the ball over for the eighth time in five games (he had four all of last season). Yet the Eagles are 4-1 and Foles is on pace to throw for 4,416 yards and 25 touchdowns, a reminder of just how dominant and explosive this up-tempo Chip Kelly scheme is. Despite plenty of warts, Foles can be fired up as a mid-range QB1 against the Giants in Week 6.

Foles' mechanics have been a mess this season, but fantasy owners probably haven't noticed because of his 1,380 yards and eight touchdowns. Foles is completing just 59.1 percent of his passes, and has six turnovers after coughing the ball up only two times in all of 2013. Kelly famously strives for "repeatable accuracy" from his quarterbacks, but hasn't been getting it from Foles this season. Foles' job is not in danger, but there are going to be more off weeks if he can't clean up his footwork and the like.

The stat line is deceiving. Foles couldn't complete anything downfield outside of a couple shots to Zach Ertz. Instead, he simply dumped balls off to Darren Sproles and LeSean McCoy and let them do all the dirty work. Foles just isn't seeing the field like he did in 2013. He'd be a bigger story if the Eagles hadn't been able to overcome 14-point halftime deficits in back-to-back weeks. He missed a wide-open Jeremy Maclin in the end zone Monday, and threw another pass well behind Ertz. Foles will remain on the QB1 map next week vs. Washington.

Is that what we are after?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yes, because he did it behind an OL that was arguably worse than ours at the time.

Think about that.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do you have a link for that because I never read that he was playing hurt during the season. I am a Duck fan so I followed the Kelly Eagles a fair amount. Foles broke his collar bone to end his season and even after healing, the team statement was that Sanchez would remain as the starter so as not to rush Foles back too soon. Just not buying it. He was playing very poorly in the games I watched. Sanchez - though not playing all that good aside from a couple games was IMO very obviously out playing Foles. I doubt Kelly keeps Sanchez instead of Foles if Foles is indeed starting caliber. I also question Foles in our system vs Kelly's.
I live in Eagles fan territory and what you're saying is true.
Furthermore, they (the fans)were looking for a reason for Sanchez to play even before the injury. When he went down they were relieved.

Idiots....

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I don't think you're reading me right, because I'm not doing that.. Cooper or White would be the BPA at 10 (though they probably won't be there) and I would take them there even though we have a bigger need on the OL. Now seperate that statement from this next one.

If we could trade back, grab a starting QB and probably another draft pick, and still get a talented player at 20, I would strongly prefer that option.
Cooper, White, Williams, Flowers ... I like the option of picking one of them at ten, especially Williams and Flowers.