Rams / Raiders Preseason Game 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
What stood out to you about Henderson? Seems he was stuffed in the backfield the whole time. Not blaming him as the blocking sucked.
you just said it, the blocking sucked. When he hits a hole though, he hits it at top speed. his acceleration is top notch and his balance is very good. I can't wait to see how McVay uses him.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Agree with OL. My biggest concern as far as depth. I know we got Whit, but we are down a Saffold and a Sullivan. Kroemer need to work miracles from now til opening season...

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agree with OL. My biggest concern as far as depth. I know we got Whit, but we are down a Saffold and a Sullivan. Kroemer need to work miracles from now til opening season...

what miracles? noteboom and allen came in last year and didn't miss a beat. the guys below them need work. they have 4 weeks to get up to speed.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
you just said it, the blocking sucked. When he hits a hole though, he hits it at top speed. his acceleration is top notch and his balance is very good. I can't wait to see how McVay uses him.

I saw one play if he hits it outside I might have had an additional 10 yards easy. He is going to be exciting to watch.

I take the game as good experience for the Offensive line. They all will benefit from it.After watching a couple extra plays. Kolone is really not very good at all. He might even loss his 2nd string spot ??

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
what miracles? noteboom and allen came in last year and didn't miss a beat. the guys below them need work. they have 4 weeks to get up to speed.

I like what Evans brought to the table. Still needs to stay on his blocks.Henhas a lot of upside.
Edwards is said to be a steal. Starting at LT says something ?? There is the depth though, so yes it is scary.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I hope this is not Gaston Green 2.0 ....

Wow, that's going back and Green did have one good season in the NFL albeit with Denver. Anyway, Green did not catch the ball well and was not durable as to Henderson, tough to run when the offensive line was sub par and that's being kind.

EasyE

Starter
Wow, that's going back and Green did have one good season in the NFL albeit with Denver. Anyway, Green did not catch the ball well and was not durable as to Henderson, tough to run when the offensive line was sub par and that's being kind.

i think i worry mostly about how much wiggle a guy has....if i remember correctly, Gaston had great inline speed (Trung Canidate also,lol) but little wiggle...but each guy is his own...If Gaston could ever get to the second layer, he was gone...

really pulling for the "Memphis Meteor" to stun the league!

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
3rd round selection OL'er Bobby Evans played every offensive snap.

2nd season OL'er Neary played 2 positions- OC/RG
1st yr OL'er Jamil Demby played 4 positons- RG/ OC/ LG/ LT
1st yr OL'er Kolone played 2 positions- RG/LG
Rookie Evans played 3 positions - RT/ RG/ LT
Rookie Edwards played 3 positions- LT/ LG/ RT
Rookie Brewer played RT
Rookie Kaskey played LG
Rookie Hitner played RG
Rookie Hrynkiewicz played center

I know cross-training is Kromer's "thing," but even this seems pretty radical. Looks like they wanted to use the first preseason game for this purpose (and to let Waldren call the O, etc.). Is this level of cross-training unique to Kromer, or do other teams do it regularly also?

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I know cross-training is Kromer's "thing," but even this seems pretty radical. Looks like they wanted to use the first preseason game for this purpose (and to let Waldren call the O, etc.). Is this level of cross-training unique to Kromer, or do other teams do it regularly also?

I don't know if it's unique to him but I absolutely love it. This is the perfect time to be cross training. Maximize the reps these guys get now.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
I don't know if it's unique to him but I absolutely love it. This is the perfect time to be cross training. Maximize the reps these guys get now.

Knowing not only your own assignments--but those around you--has got to be a huge advantage. I think there might even be a similar philosophy with our receiver corps.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Some of my opinions from what I observed. Demby is much better @ OG than OT & he is far better @ LG than RG. Arron Neary had a very good game. Rookie (Cancer Survivor) Brewer held his @ RT own very well. Kromer has been busy with Edwards/ Demby & Evans working on versatility. Vitas Hrynkiewicz delivers a wallop & plays fire.

I'm thinking the next preseason game will focus these guys in a bit more where they played best. Less Demby at OT and C, less Evans at LT, etc. That should allow for a better run game, little bit more time for the QBs, and better featuring of his playcaller. IMO moving them around that much was a great way to get film on everyone in those positions, but it probably impeded the production of the unit a bit.

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Yep, can't build any kind of OL chemistry when you have your guys shuffling in at 4 or 5 different positions. Kromer knows best, but lets focus on those positions they were drafted to fill, cross-training can come later, but they need to excel somewhere first. jmo.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Makes me wonder how PFF grading works when a lot of us saw very good things out of the backup linebackers though they may not have had 25 snaps.
Never personally been a big PFF person just posting it for info.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Why are people bringing up/arguing over the former backup QB? He's gone. Move on.
While I agree with moving on, I happen to be watching the queens game right now and on the TD series I just watched, Mannion had a dropped ball (a little high on the throw but a combination of good timing on defense and a ball that could have been caught) and hit everything else he threw while being harassed on all but one pass.

The team has moved on from Mannion and that's fine. But I don't see how he looked awful like some want to profess.

I didn't get to watch Bortles play this weekend so I can't compare. But it seems some are invested in hoping Mannion stinks up the joint. I didn't see that.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
While I agree with moving on, I happen to be watching the queens game right now and on the TD series I just watched, Mannion had a dropped ball (a little high on the throw but a combination of good timing on defense and a ball that could have been caught) and hit everything else he threw while being harassed on all but one pass.

The team has moved on from Mannion and that's fine. But I don't see how he looked awful like some want to profess.

I didn't get to watch Bortles play this weekend so I can't compare. But it seems some are invested in hoping Mannion stinks up the joint. I didn't see that.
And conversely some are hoping Bortles fails so they can talk about how big of a mistake we made moving on from Mannion. Why else would somebody bring up former players. It’s something that happens every week during the season even preseason.