Rams QB Sean Mannion Highest-Graded QB In NFC West In Preseason Week 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like Mannion as a backup, but this is less about him and more a reminder that PFF sucks. Sorry I know I shouldn't say sucks but I'm just too lazy to do my usual eloquent anti-PFF bashing, here's a good substitute: http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/09/nfl...e-week-monday-night-football-advanced-metrics
Was exactly my point as well.
Mannion had a Passer rating of 85 and he's #1 over several QB's who were well over 100.
Meanwhile, Drew Stanton 11/15 112 yards 1TD 0INT 116.5 doesnt crack top 4?

But yay! The Mannion supporters can sleep well tonight knowing that he edged out Matt Barkley...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A slow released is negated when the qb knows how to read a defense that's something Mannion can do he was 3/4 when blitzed. Not saying he would have been better but it would have saved us some draft capital. He looked pretty mobile on that 9 yard run, but the thing is you don't have to be mobile if you know how to move in the pocket which is something Mannion excels at. For all of Goff mobility last year he cause a lot of his own problems by not reading defenses and not knowing what to do, he held the ball to long and when he did get sacked he fumbles.

lol I know you wasn't referring to me I just wanted to say something lol. I'm definitely trusting the process this year though with Goff and I can't wait to see him in extended action tomorrow
or..a slow release is lethal when Greg Robinson is protecting your blind side #MannionDoomed....lol

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Was exactly my point as well.
Mannion had a Passer rating of 85 and he's #1 over several QB's who were well over 100.
Meanwhile, Drew Stanton 11/15 112 yards 1TD 0INT 116.5 doesnt crack top 4?

But yay! The Mannion supporters can sleep well tonight knowing that he edged out Matt Barkley...
lol that's because Drew played in the hall of fame game I could have sworn that was for last weeks game

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
lol that's because Drew played in the hall of fame game I could have sworn that was for last weeks game
No, Blaine Gabbert "lit up" the Hall of Fame game to the tune of a 118.8 passer rating. Stanton played week 1 (last weekend).
But you know, thats what they're gonna do in Arizona, they're "gonna sling it"
Lol
I am truly not discrediting Mannion here, just how flawed the PFF rankings are with the minimal amount of play.
I mean De'Mard Llorens finished top 4 for HB with a 3 carry, 8 yard day....

bluecoconuts

Legend
And what that means that if any team loses their starter we have the best chance of staying alive since our 2nd string qb is better then theirs

Luckily for us it doesn't matter if we're down to Hekker as our starting QB, he's still better than whatever the fuck the 49ers are going to be limping to the barn with, and the Cardinals are probably going to be blowing their budget on Centrum Silver to keep Carson Palmer from falling apart. We just gotta beat the magnificent midget, and that's what Wade is for.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Luckily for us it doesn't matter if we're down to Hekker as our starting QB, he's still better than whatever the freak the 49ers are going to be limping to the barn with, and the Cardinals are probably going to be blowing their budget on Centrum Silver to keep Carson Palmer from falling apart. We just gotta beat the magnificent midget, and that's what Wade is for.
WUT!?
~Arians

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I think it is really myopic to say if Goff fails we are set back X years. We drafted Goff to be a starting QB. IF he fails and we find another starting QB Mannion or other we are not set back more like we just didn't get the pay out we wanted. If we end up with a solid starter that will work. A QB for a QB.
Just to be clear I believe in Goff and am fully behind him and think that this year will be the only real sample of his ability. Last year will hopefully be just a jump start for a successful upcoming season.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not saying he would have been better but it would have saved us some draft capital.

And would have left us without a #1 overall pick at QB to help attract a new coach when Fisher got fired. It also would have left us without a QB going into the 2017 NFL Draft, which was a weaker draft class than 2016.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And would have left us without a #1 overall pick at QB to help attract a new coach when Fisher got fired. It also would have left us without a QB going into the 2017 NFL Draft, which was a weaker draft class than 2016.
But what would you would have got and the prospect of coaching in LA would have got McVay or whoever they wanted so that's just assumption Goff was a good bonus no doubt but let's not sit and say that McVay or someone else wouldn't have wanted to coach in la. You could have gotten a top tier corner a lineman you could have did more to help the team win you could have kept your pick when you drafted Goff and got more talent and used the picks this year to get even more top tier talent, the Goff trade impacted 2 drafts. Then if the qb position still sucks at least you have a better overall team so when you do draft a qb in 2018 he is in a better position then Goff was

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think it is really myopic to say if Goff fails we are set back X years. We drafted Goff to be a starting QB. IF he fails and we find another starting QB Mannion or other we are not set back more like we just didn't get the pay out we wanted. If we end up with a solid starter that will work. A QB for a QB.
Just to be clear I believe in Goff and am fully behind him and think that this year will be the only real sample of his ability. Last year will hopefully be just a jump start for a successful upcoming season.

What, replace him with a guy who is also not the answer?(If Goff fails) It's not myopic to say that the draft capital used to move to #1 overall slot is not easily disregarded, nor was signing guys like Woods, (re-signing) Austin, and hopefully re-signing Donald, Ogletree,and Watkins etc....All the moves to improve the team, just takes us to 7 wins or so without a franchise QB...Mediocre doesn't put us in a position to draft the best QB in the draft, unless we give up even more high draft picks. It is a disaster if Goff fails, which is why when #1 Overall pick fails (and the time it takes to see that he is a BUST), it may be a few years until you are in a position to pick the next guy to really be a replacement...unless you get lucky.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No, Blaine Gabbert "lit up" the Hall of Fame game to the tune of a 118.8 passer rating. Stanton played week 1 (last weekend).
But you know, thats what they're gonna do in Arizona, they're "gonna sling it"
Lol
I am truly not discrediting Mannion here, just how flawed the PFF rankings are with the minimal amount of play.
I mean De'Mard Llorens finished top 4 for HB with a 3 carry, 8 yard day....
I don't like PFF rankings either

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But what would you would have got and the prospect of coaching in LA would have got McVay or whoever they wanted so that's just assumption Goff was a good bonus no doubt but let's not sit and say that McVay or someone else wouldn't have wanted to coach in la.

Let's also not sit here and say they would have wanted to coach in LA. Taking on a job with no QB can be career suicide.

You could have gotten a top tier corner a lineman you could have did more to help the team win you could have kept your pick when you drafted Goff and got more talent and used the picks this year to get even more top tier talent, the Goff trade impacted 2 drafts. Then if the qb position still sucks at least you have a better overall team so when you do draft a qb in 2018 he is in a better position then Goff was

You have a better overall team to maybe get a QB in 2018. There are no guarantees we get a QB. That also leaves the new coach with crappy QBs his first year. That's not a good situation to be in.

Additionally, as we stand here now, we already have Goff plus a good team. We have a team that will contend for a playoff spot if Goff is the right guy.

Passing on a QB in 2016 would have been a terrible decision.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let's also not sit here and say they would have wanted to coach in LA. Taking on a job with no QB can be career suicide.

You have a better overall team to maybe get a QB in 2018. There are no guarantees we get a QB. That also leaves the new coach with crappy QBs his first year. That's not a good situation to be in.

Additionally, as we stand here now, we already have Goff plus a good team. We have a team that will contend for a playoff spot if Goff is the right guy.

Passing on a QB in 2016 would have been a terrible decision.
Well we can't go back and change time but hindsight being 20/20 if we kept our same team last year with our draft picks we would have got I doubt we finish the year 4/12 like we did. But hey can't change what has already happened that's why I want Goff to succeed, I cant keep going through these heartbreaking ass seasons

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well we can't go back and change time but hindsight being 20/20 if we kept our same team last year with our draft picks we would have got I doubt we finish the year 4/12 like we did. But hey can't change what has already happened that's why I want Goff to succeed, I cant keep going through these heartbreaking ass seasons
No worries...Goff is gonna be so good DX Missile will be coming out of retirement to catch his sweet passes...