Rams QB Sean Mannion Highest-Graded QB In NFC West In Preseason Week 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Or they can look like nothing in preseason and look like nothing in the regular season. You have to take preseason for what it is especially the first game.

You say what Mannion did wouldn't translate to regular season m. This is what I saw. I saw him step up in the pocket put the ball on the money I saw him avoid pressure and step up I saw him complete third downs to keep the drive alive and convert a 3rd down. I saw a guy that kept his composure when all the fumbling and bad snaps was going on. To me all of that can translate to the regular season.

Now in the preseason there is no schemeing at least not yet so you want your backup qb to show they have an understanding of the offense and take care of the ball. All of which he did. He didn't score a touchdown but you can make the case that every time they were threatening to score a negative play happened to push them back.

The outlook of his outing in the preseason shouldn't be about whether he scored a touchdown it should be about how comfortable he looked in the pocket how he commanded the huddle and can he keep drives alive

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
It is a disaster if Goff fails,
Not going to downplay the effect that a failed #1 overall pick Can have on a franchise. A 5 year setback though? It just doesn't have to go that way sorry I just don't buy it and in my 53 years of being a fan I refuse to throw in the towel for 5 years if Goff fails. There have been to many cases of QB's Succeeding outside of the first round. Again it will be a blow but it doesn't have to be a death sentence

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not going to downplay the effect that a failed #1 overall pick Can have on a franchise. A 5 year setback though? It just doesn't have to go that way sorry I just don't buy it and in my 53 years of being a fan I refuse to throw in the towel for 5 years if Goff fails. There have been to many cases of QB's Succeeding outside of the first round. Again it will be a blow but it doesn't have to be a death sentence
Who's giving up? I did add the caveat, "unless we get lucky..."
AT6Wlrl.png

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
These preseason PFF top four lists are a veritable "Who's who" of the NFL.....NOT. They are more of a "Who's He??" list considering every time I see one, I am like...Who's HE?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well we can't go back and change time but hindsight being 20/20 if we kept our same team last year with our draft picks we would have got I doubt we finish the year 4/12 like we did. But hey can't change what has already happened that's why I want Goff to succeed, I cant keep going through these heartbreaking ass seasons

We may not have finished 4-12, but we wouldn't have made the playoffs. I guess if you enjoyed the 6 and 7 win seasons under Fisher, you would have been very happy.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We may not have finished 4-12, but we wouldn't have made the playoffs. I guess if you enjoyed the 6 and 7 win seasons under Fisher, you would have been very happy.
It's better than going 4-12 and missing out on key draft position for position of needs.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's better than going 4-12 and missing out on key draft position for position of needs.

No, it's not. Give me a bad season and a franchise QB over a mediocre season and no QB. It's an easy choice.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No, it's not. Give me a bad season and a franchise QB over a mediocre season and no QB. It's an easy choice.
But what have he done to be considered a franchise qb that's still up for debate

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Warner v Bulger lasted for years....I still have scars...
Bulger was a system QB. He got beat up behind a bad Oline but was really good at putting the ball in spots. He only had one good season anyway.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Bulger was a system QB. He got beat up behind a bad Oline but was really good at putting the ball in spots. He only had one good season anyway.

Whaaaat? Bulger was great in 2002 and 2003, fell off a bit in 2004, injuries in 2005, but bounced back in 2006. I'd say he had three pretty damn good seasons with the Rams. He was pretty clutch. I still remember him in 04, @Seattle, that crazy comeback... He's looking over at Bruce or Holt and laughing, then throws a strike to Curtis in OT to win the game. Dude had guts.