Rams QB Sean Mannion Highest-Graded QB In NFC West In Preseason Week 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF

All of these qbs playing against backups. So what? Mannion had two decent throws that traveled beyond 10 yards from the line of scrimmage. He managed the game ok, great Fisher and Pat "passes short" Shurmur QB.

Curious, are you trying to stir the pot Tomas?

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
BarnStirringMoulage.gif

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Ok, I fully understand Goff is our starter, and will continue to be unless he royally screws it up somehow. He will be in the Case Keenum position now. If he doesn't live up to his hype this season, when do you decide to throw in the white towel and bring in Mannion? I don't know what to expect, but we got Goff, Mannion, and Dan-O who might be getting cut sooner than later. I am hoping both Goff, and Mannion grow and become calibre QBs for this team, but right now we can all agree that the confidence in our QBs is in limbo right now. This next game is going to be more eyes on the QBs making the right decisions, and getting the ball to our stellar receiving corps which is stacked. So should Goff get in more play time against the Raiders this week, and Mannion get less? I would honestly like to see Goff get more play time he needs to learn.

fearsomefour

Legend
It was nice to see Mannion play well. He looked confident and the bigger thing I saw was him moving in the pocket better.
It will be nice to have an actual 1-2 at QB.
After the Ram game I caught some of the Charger Seattle game....watching Kellen Clemons and Austin Davis. Nothing against either one, good guys and can be solid back up guys. It would stand to reason Mannion should be better.
As an aside the Vikings are going with the Bradford Keenum 1-2. Ex Ram QBs everywhere.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I like me some Mannion. Dude is a good QB but Goff has that extra "it" on his throws and touch. All in all I think our QB room is in good shape.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok, I fully understand Goff is our starter, and will continue to be unless he royally screws it up somehow. He will be in the Case Keenum position now. If he doesn't live up to his hype this season, when do you decide to throw in the white towel and bring in Mannion? I don't know what to expect, but we got Goff, Mannion, and Dan-O who might be getting cut sooner than later. I am hoping both Goff, and Mannion grow and become calibre QBs for this team, but right now we can all agree that the confidence in our QBs is in limbo right now. This next game is going to be more eyes on the QBs making the right decisions, and getting the ball to our stellar receiving corps which is stacked. So should Goff get in more play time against the Raiders this week, and Mannion get less? I would honestly like to see Goff get more play time he needs to learn.

Goff is the starter. That means he'll likely play 1 to 2 quarters. Mannion will follow and also play 1 to 2 quarters.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff is the starter. That means he'll likely play 1 to 2 quarters. Mannion will follow and also play 1 to 2 quarters.
Mcvay's plan is 1 quarter vs. raiders and 2 quarters vs. chargers.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All of these qbs playing against backups. So what? Mannion had two decent throws that traveled beyond 10 yards from the line of scrimmage. He managed the game ok, great Fisher and Pat "passes short" Shurmur QB.

Lol here we go with the he played against backups argument. Lol @jrry32 remember what I said about double standards. Lol it never ceases to amaze me

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

And what that means that if any team loses their starter we have the best chance of staying alive since our 2nd string qb is better then theirs

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OMFG QUARTERBACK CONTROVERSY..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PFF be like:

evillaugh.gif

DrHavenstein

Rookie
Name
Ty
Mannion is a back up, through and through. There's no controversy here.

If Goff stinks it up this year, we won't see Mannion as the guy in 18-19. It'll be Sam Darnold.

…..

Legend
You guys crack me up.

The thread is simply about Mannion having a good game. Graded tops in week one. Something to be proud of.

No where did it state...stir the pot, controversy, should start, better than, blah blah blah.....

Fantastic effort... take a small tidbit of positive information and spin it to the negative.

Enjoy the preseason. If you can.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This thread is so lol....

Top rated.... In the NFC west....
Since when is edging out Matt Barkley ever a positive?

Passer ratings & scoring
Mannion 86.1 (6 points in 3+ Q)
Barkley 92.3 (6 points in 2 Q)
Boykin 113.2 (24 points in 2 Q 1 TD pass)
Beathard 133.0 (17 points in 2 Q 2 TD passes)

Pre-season stats may be meaningless, but figuring a way to rate 2 QB who couldnt find the end zone or score any points "higher" than the ones who couldnt/didnt is just baffling to me....