Rams QB Sean Mannion Highest-Graded QB In NFC West In Preseason Week 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mannion didn't stare down his receivers at all when he looked their way he was throwing and he throw some darts all over the field while dealing with pressure and fumbles and bad snaps. You must have missed the commentary from Faulk or when Sammy Watkins said Mannion did a good job looking off the safety to complete that 4th down throw. And rush 3 and drop 8 and watch Gurley tear that defense up.

I swear I can't make this stuff up

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This thread is so lol....

Top rated.... In the NFC west....
Since when is edging out Matt Barkley ever a positive?

Passer ratings & scoring
Mannion 86.1 (6 points in 3+ Q)
Barkley 92.3 (6 points in 2 Q)
Boykin 113.2 (24 points in 2 Q 1 TD pass)
Beathard 133.0 (17 points in 2 Q 2 TD passes)

Pre-season stats may be meaningless, but figuring a way to rate 2 QB who couldnt find the end zone or score any points "higher" than the ones who couldnt/didnt is just baffling to me....
Lol here you go huh anytime Mannion name is mentioned you dismiss his efforts. But last year he was scoring touchdowns and you said it was because he played against backups when Goff wasn't scoring touchdowns you was saying it's just preseason @jrry32 thats an example of the double standards. You gotta play the people that's in front of you, I bet you won't be complaining not going up against Luck or not going against Zeke

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol here you go huh anytime Mannion name is mentioned you dismiss his efforts. But last year he was scoring touchdowns and you said it was because he played against backups when Goff wasn't scoring touchdowns you was saying it's just preseason @jrry32 thats an example of the double standards. You gotta play the people that's in front of you, I bet you won't be complaining not going up against Luck or not going against Zeke
Well if you would take off your Mannion fan glasses and read what I wrote, you might understand.
Its a joke of a stat, first that its pre season and only is considering the NFC west, second look at the names on that list! Good grief, its not a compliment to edge out Barkley, especially when Barkley was outplayed by a guy you've never heard of and wont likely be on a roster.
Thank god there's another game coming up this weekend that we can talk about.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well if you would take off your Mannion fan glasses and read what I wrote, you might understand.
Its a joke of a stat, first that its pre season and only is considering the NFC west, second look at the names on that list! Good grief, its not a compliment to edge out Barkley, especially when Barkley was outplayed by a guy you've never heard of and wont likely be on a roster.
Thank god there's another game coming up this weekend that we can talk about.

We are all going crazy right now, I think. We don't really know what we have in this team yet, until they prove it in real games, so now we are nitpicking about things in games that don't matter. Although, I am looking forward to what our Offense looks like in the 1st quarter in Oakland!

23 days to go!

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Some more PFF stuff.

I do find the number of Rams depth players overall, with 8 on the five PFF summaries listed here in this thread, to be interesting. Certainly looks like good teaching and coaching is having its effect for us. A good sign IMO.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
IMG_1607.PNG

Think that's all of them.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Pretty impressive though the Rams dominated the NFC West in regards to PFF in week 1.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Soooo... Lesson as a newb here is to never mention Mannion. Got it.
naw...the lesson here is that we have been hearing some advocate for Mannion incessantly to start, well before you became a member, which a majority here feel is premature since it's only been 7 games for Goff under a failed coaching staff. If Goff is a failure, the organization is set back 5 years, but Mannion folks will be able to cheer and thump their chests about that I guess....

btw, welcome!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I only got to watch the 2nd half. He must have lit it up in the first half.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Soooo... Lesson as a newb here is to never mention Mannion. Got it.
Yea we get persecuted lol but forreal I like the conversations sometimes when it's a slow day I say Mannion then its cracking

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
naw...the lesson here is that we have been hearing some advocate for Mannion incessantly to start, well before you became a member, which a majority here feel is premature since it's only been 7 games for Goff under a failed coaching staff. If Goff is a failure, the organization is set back 5 years, but Mannion folks will be able to cheer and thump their chests about that I guess....

btw, welcome!
I think people myself included wanted Mannion to play last year it was clear and evident that He wasn't ready. Let's be clear I don't dislike Goff I'm actually warming up to him but last year I didn't like the pick for 2 reason the team wasn't ready for a qb like Goff and 2ndly we didn't have the offensive minds for a qb like Goff that's why I felt Mannion would have been a better option not because of Goff but the situations around Goff and he played exactly how I expected. If someone go look at all the threads you won't find anywhere during a game where I advocated Mannion to start or me calling Goff a bum, but this year I'm willing to see how he looks with McVay but if he don't look good then yeah I will be saying putt Mannion in

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think people myself included wanted Mannion to play last year it was clear and evident that He wasn't ready. Let's be clear I don't dislike Goff I'm actually warming up to him but last year I didn't like the pick for 2 reason the team wasn't ready for a qb like Goff and 2ndly we didn't have the offensive minds for a qb like Goff that's why I felt Mannion would have been a better option not because of Goff but the situations around Goff and he played exactly how I expected. If someone go look at all the threads you won't find anywhere during a game where I advocated Mannion to start or me calling Goff a bum, but this year I'm willing to see how he looks with McVay but if he don't look good then yeah I will be saying putt Mannion in
We would be saying now, "that d@mn Fisher was so stupid he didn't put Goff in and let Mannion get killed..." Mannion is not very mobile and has a slow release compared to Goff.Our Oline was one of the worst in the NFL last year, so that would have made for a horrific time for Mannion, imo. BOTH would have looked bad last year, is my point. I never was talking about you, btw....I was thinking of posters like KOWALSKI.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea we get persecuted lol but forreal I like the conversations sometimes when it's a slow day I say Mannion then its cracking
someone's trolling a bit, with a smile? lol
Q4Ft3hi.png

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We would be saying now, "that d@mn Fisher was so stupid he didn't put Goff in and let Mannion get killed..." Mannion is not very mobile and has a slow release compared to Goff.Our Oline was one of the worst in the NFL last year, so that would have made for a horrific time for Mannion, imo. BOTH would have looked bad last year, is my point. I never was talking about you, btw....I was thinking of posters like KOWALSKI.
A slow released is negated when the qb knows how to read a defense that's something Mannion can do he was 3/4 when blitzed. Not saying he would have been better but it would have saved us some draft capital. He looked pretty mobile on that 9 yard run, but the thing is you don't have to be mobile if you know how to move in the pocket which is something Mannion excels at. For all of Goff mobility last year he cause a lot of his own problems by not reading defenses and not knowing what to do, he held the ball to long and when he did get sacked he fumbles.

lol I know you wasn't referring to me I just wanted to say something lol. I'm definitely trusting the process this year though with Goff and I can't wait to see him in extended action tomorrow