Rams proven right for admitting mistake with Todd Gurley contract

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I love sjax but Gurley 17/18 were both better than anything he did. The only thing that could stop him was health and mcvay. Otherwise he was unstoppable as was the rams offense.
Moot point 2004 -2012 sjax (9 years) was a better running back for our franchise. You get to cherry pick 2 years out of gurleys SHORT ram career?

Let’s put it this way knowing what we know now.... if there was a re draft right now with rookie gurley and rookie sjax who are you taking ?

exactly..

TexasRam

Legend
It's really a tough situation all around. The injury was unfortunate. I want to remember Gurley the player in his prime and the awesome games we had with him. He is not a bad guy in my book. Just had a bad injury and a rough situation. His responses to a bad situation were less than ideal and professional, but he's human. He's also young.

The Rams made the right move by letting him go. That move had to be done.

The needs of the many are greater than the needs of the few, or the one.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Can you clarify? Because I’m pretty sure
1) gurleys contribution to the rams bankroll did not have any effect on Stan putting out money or the state of California putting out money

2) Gurley did call out the rams on Twitter claiming he had not been paid on time but the lack of legal recourse along with general manager les sneads comments indicated that the rams did in fact have time to pay gurley.

3) there’s no way for me to make you feel like gurley had terrible body language last season so I assume by your response you’re going to disagree but I know many others do in fact agree about gurleys body language so we’ll call this a moot point tho I hardly think I made it up in my head.

4) Marshall and sjax were better rams than todd gurley idk what to tell you if you disagree...

which parts were in my head? Because if you’re accusing me of living in a fantasy land you should probably have an example. Tho I suspect you won’t.
1. Gurley didn't "build" the stadium and neither did stan for that matter if you want to be technical. But stan did pay for the stadium and Gurley helped improve the rams brand and image.
2. Gurley said he wanted his money. As any normal person would and hold no Ill will towards the rams and had said as much. If that bothers you than idk what to tell you.
3. Just because people agree with you on something doesn't make you right. No proof or evidence to suggest he has bad "body language" he looked like he always did minus the production. If he had bad body language, ego or whatever take that up with mcvay because he allowed it.
4. That's you're opinion but the numbers speak for themselves. Gurley was a monster in 17/18.
5. The in your head comment was more so about you saying he had bad body language and a huge ego. None of which has been said by people who matter players/coaches. They have nothing but positive things to say about Gurley.
But we'll agree to disagree here.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Moot point 2004 -2012 sjax (9 years) was a better running back for our franchise. You get to cherry pick 2 years out of gurleys SHORT ram career?

Let’s put it this way knowing what we know now.... if there was a re draft right now with rookie gurley and rookie sjax who are you taking ?

exactly..
Sjax would be the obvious pick ONLY because of health. If health wasn't a factor give me Gurley.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I love sjax but Gurley 17/18 were both better than anything he did. The only thing that could stop him was health and mcvay. Otherwise he was unstoppable as was the rams offense.
Far better than SJax...there’s a lot of revision about 39 as he recedes to the past

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock

exactly..
Gurley

I’m taking Todd

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gurley

I’m taking Todd
So knowing your rb is only going to have 2 really good seasons and 1 good season before having degenerative arthritic knees you’d take him over a 9 year work horse? Your job is in jeopardy.

you’re super happy about todd’s 2 years but did you know in 2006 sjax had 1528 yds 13 tds 90 catches 806 yds receiving and 3 more tds but you’re confident in todd’s 2 years?

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you want to argue against numbers than be my guest.
So after accusing me of not living in reality and disagreeing that sjax was the better ram running back than TGIII... you told me you’d take sjax in a draft ONLY bc of health. My response is that health exists in reality ....it doesn’t matter how you hypothetically think gurley could’ve done something. Do you see the hypocrisy of telling me I made things up in my head but using what could have been as an argument??

TexasRam

Legend
SJack wasn't a great player like Gurley in my opinion.

But for an organization If I knew I was getting 3 great years from Gurley and eat all that dead money or 9 solid ones from Jackson, I might go Jackson.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1. Gurley didn't "build" the stadium and neither did stan for that matter if you want to be technical. But stan did pay for the stadium and Gurley helped improve the rams brand and image.
2. Gurley said he wanted his money. As any normal person would and hold no Ill will towards the rams and had said as much. If that bothers you than idk what to tell you.
3. Just because people agree with you on something doesn't make you right. No proof or evidence to suggest he has bad "body language" he looked like he always did minus the production. If he had bad body language, ego or whatever take that up with mcvay because he allowed it.
4. That's you're opinion but the numbers speak for themselves. Gurley was a monster in 17/18.
5. The in your head comment was more so about you saying he had bad body language and a huge ego. None of which has been said by people who matter players/coaches. They have nothing but positive things to say about Gurley.
But we'll agree to disagree here.

1) the question was never about physical labor it was bout money I thought that was clear to you ....my bad. Even if Todd Gurley never was born Stan kroenke would have still built sofi....gurley had no impact.

2) yes any normal person would want their money. But any normal person worth Millions with an agent would be able to understand when their money is due. Time showed gurley got his money when it was due. His Twitter escapade was a tantrum and he was wrong. A “normal” multi millionaire wouldn’t take to Twitter they would go to their agent/lawyer they’re paying a fuck ton of money....Twitter was for show not effect That is fact. Non debatable.

3) literally said this is a moot point because it’s he said she said. However I would state in response to you saying “just because people agree with me doesn’t make me right” I would like to point out just because you don’t doesn’t make me wrong.

4) straw man argument. Gurley was in fact a monster in 17/18 who would ever disagree? dont attempt to make me argue a point I didn’t make. My opinion is sjaxs body of work > gurleys body of work. Health exists. Especially in hindsight.

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
No way dude i'm drafting Faulk.
tenor.gif

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor

But for an organization If I knew I was getting 3 great years from Gurley and eat all that dead money or 9 solid ones from Jackson, I might go Jackson.
Gurley really only had 2 GREAT years. And I’d put sjax 2006 agains that any day.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles

^^^^This except I would go jackson because I apparently can see the future...

nighttrain

Legend
just for kicks, without looking name even one offensive player that played with SJax that was considered all pro, and who were his QB's?
train

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol I'm not gonna bother arguing with you. You dont like Gurley on a personal lvl so why would I bother to

^^^^This except I would go jackson because I apparently can see the future...
Proven wrong = I have a personal problem with a person I’ve never met? Lmao what? You can disagree with my points but to pretend they’re not valid is disingenuous and insecure.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
just for kicks, without looking name even one offensive player that played with SJax that was considered all pro, and who were his QB's?
train
Faulk, holt, bruce but obviously that was at the end of those players careers. Dont make me name the quarterbacks. I rather not remember that.