Rams INK Connor Barwin

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think a reasonable estimate for the amount of sacks from our DL and LBs will be 48.

Eastbrook 6
Brockers 4
Donald 10
Quinn 12
Ogletree 3
Barron 3
Barwin 12

NONE of those numbers is outlandish and given how in Denver and in Houston, Wade's Defenses have always generated a TON of sacks, I don't think this will be much different.

That level of production, which I think is really light in some areas...like Donald at the RDE? he could break out and get 20 like JJ Watt does. Donald has the best hands of any DL in the NFL, even better than Watt.

So, even if everyone else produces at a reasonable rate for their talent and Wade's scheme, if Donald blows up and gets 20, then we're looking at 58 sacks... JUST from the starters on the front 7. That doesn't include DBs or backups.

The potential is there to be crazy good along the DL.

The ONLY thing that can really get in the way is if our CBs don't hold up like they didn't in Detroit. Granted, they ran a 4-3 at the time, but with Suh and Fairley in the middle, they were beastly and teams just threw over them.

I think we may just play with Webster and Tru unless someone makes a trade before the draft which, due to this class seems highly unlikely. I expect our first pick (2nd round) to be a CB unless someone crazy falls.

This D I think will be so fun to watch, I'm jacked now.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Can somebody CHEER me up though about why KROMER didn't convince the Rams to offer a contract to RYAN GROY that made it less likely they would match it. :(

Was Kromer on the fence about Groy and knew he was only a one year stop gap that had no long term starting potential? The amount and structure of the offer sure made it appear that way. :banghead:
Never fear...for I am with you.
I love the way that sounds.
..sure missing out on a vet Kromer knows blows
. But with so many needs filled we can easily acquire a center. And Wichman, Donnal, Brown, and Rhaney may surprise.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Never fear...for I am with you.
I love the way that sounds.
..sure missing out on a vet Kromer knows blows
. But with so many needs filled we can easily acquire a center. And Wichman, Donnal, Brown, and Rhaney may surprise.

Yes Champ, I'm starting to get over it each passing hour.

If you made me choose only being able to get one of Barwin or Groy, I would be lying if I said Groy. I'm still a little ticked because the better the O-Line and Gurley play in 2017, the sooner #16 will take that big step forward.

(y)
bnIPrOaZLl6wefB-qcAbHBsXP2xU2SwIDjx__P-qxT5kU4hkxkAIg550fuT3kzs-oa0amw=s114

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Yes Champ, I'm starting to get over it each passing hour.

If you made me choose only being able to get one of Barwin or Groy, I would be lying if I said Groy. I'm still a little ticked because the better the O-Line and Gurley play in 2017, the sooner #16 will take that big step forward.

(y)
bnIPrOaZLl6wefB-qcAbHBsXP2xU2SwIDjx__P-qxT5kU4hkxkAIg550fuT3kzs-oa0amw=s114

Do not fear, Florida.

Our opening day starting C will be an upgrade from Barnes. Possibly a dramatic upgrade, in fact.

Could still be Groy via trade, believe it or not.

I have no idea as to his name. But I have no doubt that this staff will find one. Too good of a staff and OL coach, and it's not that high of a bar, tbh.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
He may very well prove to be the best free agent signing of the off season for our Rams.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I'm very happy. Great player and person.

Not a fan of one year deals. I would like to know how they came about the deal and why only one year. He is a perfect fit for the defense.
Maybe just a trial season for both parties. For the Rams to see if he can return to form and for him to prove himself for that one last contract? Barwin also is not a "West coast Guy" .. .so maybe he wants to give that a trial too ... who knows. But I'm glad we have him now. much needed.

Ram65

Legend
I hear ya, we just don't know. Barwin seems to have a least a couple years left. He may think he has three or more years in the tank but, the Rams think only two years. That could have lead to the one year deal. Barwin still get another shot at a long term deal next year with or without the Rams. Let's hope he plays well and likes being a Ram.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Love the way this off season is going, it sure looks a lot different than anything we have seen since the building of GSOT. Still some work to do and it may not all come together the first season but good things are coming for this franchise.